Wow! we could've used that...

;)
Lisa_Belle said:
My mom found a great light for DD at Walmart (I think). It's disney princess themed and is a flashlight, but then you can pull the end out and it becomes a lantern that can sit by her bed. It's adjustable so you can do a little or a lot of light.

We have this light. Got it at The Home Depot........9.99!!!

TruBlu said:
I usually carry a small travel size deodorant. I can't stand to stink!! :banana:

Oh you really made me laugh :rotfl2: A friend and I have this saying "when you can smell yourself, you know it's time to go home!" But I'd rather bring the mini deodorant than leave the park! Great Idea!

xWishes said:
I wish I had brought plastic bags so when I went to a buffet and didn't finish it all I could just stick it in a plastic bag to save for a snack later! Oh well I'll have the chance in August popcorn::
Kidding,right? I sure hope so... cause that would be not good:bitelip:
I like to have ziplocs of all sizes
lots of money :rotfl:
cheap ponchos
a brita water bottle to keep refilling- I refuse to carry more than that...
oh,did I mention money? :banana:

small pen-light style flashlights for kids, sometimes waiting inside some of the dark attractions can be frightening for little ones.

I've never been to disney, but here is my list i made with all your suggestions.

I added one :) Downy Wrinkle Releaser! It works great, and sure will beat ironing in the mornings. I love how it smells too :) Spray it on, smooth clothes out with your hands, dries in minutes :teeth:

Anyway, here are the things I've found here that I know i need to bring..thanks Diser's!!!

small scissors
chapstick (with spf)
call Dr Deems for a z-pack
Call Dr Murphy for a z-pack
Laundry detergent (tablets!)and fold down laundry bag
Quaters and pennies for pressed penny machines!
Sunscreen! LOTS of it!
Wrinkle releaser
Bugspray
bugbite ointment
hand sanitizer!!!! (everyone gets sick!)
bandaids
moleskin!
Meds,Antacids, Immodium, Advil, Cold meds, Cough syrup,
garbage bags for dirty laundry
stain stick for clothes
over the door shoe hangers for toiletries (so its not mussing up the small bathroom!)
Extra duffle bag just incase..
Ponchos
glo sticks from Dollar store
fan mister!!

nurseypoo5 said:
I've never been to disney, but here is my list i made with all your suggestions.

I added one :) Downy Wrinkle Releaser! It works great, and sure will beat ironing in the mornings. I love how it smells too :) Spray it on, smooth clothes out with your hands, dries in minutes :teeth:

Anyway, here are the things I've found here that I know i need to bring..thanks Diser's!!!

small scissors
chapstick (with spf)
call Dr Deems for a z-pack
Call Dr Murphy for a z-pack
Laundry detergent (tablets!)and fold down laundry bag
Quaters and pennies for pressed penny machines!
Sunscreen! LOTS of it!
Wrinkle releaser
Bugspray
bugbite ointment
hand sanitizer!!!! (everyone gets sick!)
bandaids
moleskin!
Meds,Antacids, Immodium, Advil, Cold meds, Cough syrup,
garbage bags for dirty laundry
stain stick for clothes
over the door shoe hangers for toiletries (so its not mussing up the small bathroom!)
Extra duffle bag just incase..
Ponchos
glo sticks from Dollar store
fan mister!!

You forgot ID holder lanyards from Wal-Mart for holding tickets, fast passes, money, etc.

And you need some Crocs or Airwalks

And moisture wicking socks.

And index cards with you plan for each day (be sure to inclued you ADR confirmation numbers, EMH, etc.)

I'll let you know if I think of anything else!! :banana:

I print out business cards on my computer with my itinerary and confirmation #'s (for each day) and then laminate them incase they get wet, they won't get ruined.

Just saw a "swimmer's towel" in WalMart yesterday, in camping section. They can also be called a camp towel or a chamois or I think the swimming brand name is "Shammy." The camp towel is usually more of a felt material. I think it works just as well, and less expensive. The "Shammys" are more of a specialty product, they're the things you see the Olympic divers wiping off with right before a dive.

I've often had a giggle when I see those huge swimmers drying themselves with what look likes a face towel, now I know :rotfl:

I have bought a cheap chamois (shammy) from our local cheapy shop, haven't tried it yet but am assuming it will work for my son.

Mini first aid kit. I made up a few of these little kits and I have one in my purse, in the car, and in my husband's backpack for WDW.

In a small ziploc I put the hurt free spray cleaning foam for wounds, some disney bandaids, children's tylenol, generic benadryl, a spoon measuring thing for the meds.

I didn't think I would use the tylenol much but I did! My daughter fell while running out of the rain at MGM last year and her leg was bleeding. When a 4 year old sees blood....you would have thought she lost a limb. Anyway the foam stuff cleaned the wound and the bandaid had Winnie the Pooh on it, I gave her a dose of Tylenol because she really whacked her knee and her hands were all scrapped up too. She was fine the rest of the day. I used the kit so many times with the kids. My son got stung by a bee and was in so much pain even with ice, and baking soda. :guilty: The tylenol helped him feel better and enjoy the day.

2 princes 1 princess said:
a spoon measuring thing for the meds.

I didn't think I would use the tylenol much but I did!

Have you tried the Children's Tylenol Fast Melts? They are fantastic! My boys don't complain at all about taking them, and the best part is NOTHING TO MEASURE!!!

Maybe thiese items have already been mentioned, but we always pack a flashlight. We've been at several hotels when the fire alarm went off. You can't always depend on the back up lighting to come on if electricity fails. A more recent "need" was a rubber suction drain cover for the bathtub. We stayed at a place near Cape Hatteras where the tub stopper wouldn't work, and the stores were few and far between. we ended buying a kids dish set in the dollar store and turned the plate upside down for a cover.

Love all the suggestions. Have been busy shopping for all these. I couldn't decide about the over-the-door shoe thing, but I got one to try. I heard the hooks don't fit over the doors at CBR, so I got 4 removable sticky hooks.

Bought the first aid kit, mister fan, fan necklaces, glow necklaces, and even a couple brand new cheap pillows. I got a space bag to put our pillows in. I ordered the shoe id for our ds. Got a golf towel, bandana, and extra large sunshade to put on the stroller. I got some rain ponchos, but I'm not sure if we'll want to put them on in the heat. I might rather be wet.

I'm also going to try the ziplock baggie packing tip.

I think I'm going to have to borrow extra luggage from my sister just to put all this stuff in, not to mention 3 bags of diapers & wipes. This is our first trip with a child. There certainly is a lot of extra stuff to pack.

Here are some great tips I got from this boardbefore last year's trip and will be bringing along again this year:

Pop Up Hamper (used to do the big gift bag trick, but this took up less room in the corner) Although I should commit to repacking the dirty clothes each night so I don't spend so much time re-packing at the end of the trip :blush:

Nightlight (now everyone can find the bathroom in the middle of the night and not stub his toe and complain the whole next day about it :rolleyes: )

Powerstrip (camcorder, cellphone, rechargeable batteries etc. need a lot of outlets!)

Mini Flashlight for dark rides for DS (who will be 3.5)

Small travel sized shampoo bottle full of dish soap for cleaning sippy cups at the end of the night (couldn't find the wipes anywhere here! :confused3 )

Purell and Antibacterial wipes

Bandaid Blister Patches (will bring twice as many this time!!)

Liquid Soap pump for hotel bath sink (they're 97 cents at Walmart and worth every penny!)

Toothbrush holder (got a plastic one from a clearance bin for 50 cents and stuck everyone's toothbrush in it on the bathroom counter so they weren't just lying out)

Small fan (White noise helped a lot in getting a cranky toddler to take a nap in the middle of the day!)

Bug Spray wipes (although I doubt we'll need them in Dec!)

Retractable Sharpie for the Autograph book (with a quart sized ziploc to keep them both in so they stay dry!)

Good luck to all and happy packing!!!!!!

Well...I thought I "knew it all!" Yeah, right! :confused3

I love the liquid soap idea, and I think I'm going to do it. I like to keep all the MM soap bars and liquids they give you at the hotels, plus I hate using the bar soaps for washing hands after potty trips.

I love the idea of taking a liquid soap! Awesome. Now, why didn't I think of that? DUH.... :confused3

And...let me tell you all something! :goodvibes The retractable Sharpie is the best thing we ever brought along! (We also keep it in a Ziploc bag with the autograph book.)

One other secret I just learned about last week. Do any of you know about MouseSurplus?

It is AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME! Do NOT MISS IT ON YOUR NEXT TRIP. To avoid taking up so much time and space on this board, I'm just going to post their website, and let you go explore on your own.

Let me just say that we visited this place last week, and I walked away with $100s of dollars of merchandise for only $50. It is truly a "Hidden Mickey" that you need to search out and enjoy!

www.mousesurplus.com

xWishes said:
I wish I had brought plastic bags so when I went to a buffet and didn't finish it all I could just stick it in a plastic bag to save for a snack later! Oh well I'll have the chance in August popcorn::

This qualifies as a bad idea.

Dcanoli said:
And...let me tell you all something! :goodvibes The retractable Sharpie is the best thing we ever brought along! (We also keep it in a Ziploc bag with the autograph book.)

www.mousesurplus.com

We are doing this for the first time. I actually have the retractable Sharpie tied to an autograph book with a ribbon to "hold" pages and have easy access. I thought the Sharpie would give the best looking autograph but thought it might bleed through the disney store bought books. Is this not the case? (I decorated a sprial bound small scrapbook to use instead.) It is a bit heavy though, so if the sharpie doesn't bleed through the official Disney books, I would reconsider for future trips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter