• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

XL/Travek City file for administration

Oh this is bad, I hope nobody is affected by this :sad1:

you beat me to it !

By just a few minutes :rotfl: It was close!

I just can't believe it though. I have a friend booked with them for the 20th (a week saturday! :sad1: ) Thought I'd leave it till the morning to let her know or she wont get any sleep.

TCD forum and website gone......

we are due to fly out with them for our first florida trip oon just 32 days........ DD's birthday today - just how do i tell her?

Hope everyone paid with a credit card.
If its a holiday and not just flights ABTA would also be a way of getting your money back

ive just seen it on the news, I hope too many people havent been affected and those that have have insurance have paid with a credit card.

god thats awfull

good look to everyone whos got to deal with this and get their money back

on the news they are saying they were still taking bookings till midnight last night

TCD forum and website gone......

we are due to fly out with them for our first florida trip oon just 32 days........ DD's birthday today - just how do i tell her?

We're due to go in 90 days, paid for with multiple debit cards, we also (should) fly out on DDs b/day:sad1: :grouphug:

OH BU***R:sad2: :sad2: We were due to go Jan 1st with Travel City Direct. I guess we arent going anywhere now. This WILL effect a LOT of people. That is the end of cheap holidays to Orlando.:eek:

Absolute nightmare for those already over there, I'm just astonished that there's been no advance warning. We've just booked with TCD for next year so we're going to have to pursue our refund, luckily booked on a credit card.

Really disappointed for TCD, they've had some brilliant comments about how they'd turned round their customer service, I feel sorry for all their staff this morning, as well as those who've lost out on their holidays.

Big hugs to all of you who have booked through them. I hope you manage to get your money back and are able to rebook. :grouphug: pixiedust:

Our thoughts are with everyone who is affected by this horrible announcement. Hopefully most people will be able to sort something out.

John & Linley

This is truly shocking. That such a big operator was not able to secure funding to continue trading doesn't bode well for the industry and I'm sure we'll see more travel companies going under in the coming months.

I feel desperately sorry for those who were due to fly with XL in the next few days and weeks, and for all its employees.

It was on the news at the end of August that XL were having financial troubles.

Yes, like the rest of the travel industry, they also said they weren't flying to certain destinationsa while back, but there's a world of difference between not flying to destinations and not existing as a company any more.

I was thinking more along the lines of traveller's actually turning up at Airports this morning expecting to fly, and being met by administrators rather than XL staff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter