XL/Travek City file for administration

Oh guys I'm so sorry! I really hope those of you affected can sort something out and anyone stranded gets home safely...

Travelled with XL to Barbados in March and we were really impressed... :sad2:

We have booked with Ba for 29th December but son was joining us with 3 of our friends on 2nd january using TCD. I am sure we willbe refunded as they are ATOL protected.
Also just realised that my flight to Gran Canaria in 2 weeks is with freedom flights so looks like lost that as well.Never mind no one has died, at least we still have a job.

Bang goes my holiday. I think it's supposed to in 29 days. Atol website has crashed, virgin only have premium economy at 3500 quid flight only and i have on idea how much money i will get back. Both kids went to school very upset. Now trying to find flights and a hotel/villa/tent. I'm so angry and disappointented.

Hope you can get something sorted :hug:

I had heard about the financial problems but i did not expect this. It is very frightening to think that such a big well known company has one into administration and no doubt there will be others.

I am sure that there are going to be many more families on here affected by this. I am so sorry and i hope you can get something sorted, there is nothing worse than trying to explain what is happening to young children who have been talking about the holiday for months :grouphug:

We were due to fly from Glasgow to Sanford on MONDAY!!!!!!!!!!! Cannot get through via phone, ATOL website keeps crashing - don't have a clue whats happening,
We will get our money back (friends booked their holiday through Seguro so they went through all this yesterday).
But the fact is we were so looking forward to this holiday - waited for 2 years, had all our ADRs booked through free dining.
Absolutely gutted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We were due to fly from Glasgow to Sanford on MONDAY!!!!!!!!!!! Cannot get through via phone, ATOL website keeps crashing - don't have a clue whats happening,
We will get our money back (friends booked their holiday through Seguro so they went through all this yesterday).
But the fact is we were so looking forward to this holiday - waited for 2 years, had all our ADRs booked through free dining.

Oh how awful:sad2: Sending you:hug: :wizard:

This is so sad I feel for everyone who has booked with them and also the people who are already in resort also for the TCD staff:sad1:

Just seen on BBC News Channel - Simon Cauder was on he was saying that are on package holidays at the moment will continue as normal as reps and hotels will be paid and CAA are organising flights home. So hopefully everyone on holiday at the moment will have a good time still :goodvibes

All those that booked I hope you managed to get something else sorted. If you booked a 'pakage holiday' or flight only by credit card or visa debit you should get your money back and I hope you can find something else reasonably priced :goodvibes

Also thoughts to people who have lost there jobs :goodvibes

This iawful news for anyone who has booked with XL and those already on holiday and stranded :sad2:

I really hope all those involved can get there money back and can re-book with someone else.

It's getting more worrying isn't it, who is going to be next?

:grouphug:

Really sorry to hear that :(

Bang goes my holiday. I think it's supposed to in 29 days. Atol website has crashed, virgin only have premium economy at 3500 quid flight only and i have on idea how much money i will get back. Both kids went to school very upset. Now trying to find flights and a hotel/villa/tent. I'm so angry and disappointented.

How terrible :grouphug:

Hope you & everyone else affected can get something sorted.

Feel for everyone caught up in this - employees, contractors, people on holiday, about to go, long term plans etc etc - total nightmare & headache for everyone.

Hope everyone gets their money back / new bookings / new jobs etc etc

:grouphug: to anyone affected by this - employees and customers alike :(

My Uncle was due to fly to my villa with travel city on the 18th luckly this morning I manged to get him virgin flights for the 17th at £420.00 I was sure they would be double that price so he was very happy , I hope everyone effected get a flight ok and you all get your money back sending all invloved some pixie dust :wizard: and hugs :hug:

Unfortunatly if you booked flights only through XL.com on the phone they are not protected. They TUI group are trying to help people get home.

This is such a nightmare, lets hope everyone affected gets their money back and gets a holiday.
Virgin Atlantic were doing discounted fares for Zoom customers on the website, I hope they now try to help XL-TCD as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter