XL/Travek City file for administration

I was thinking more along the lines of traveller's actually turning up at Airports this morning expecting to fly, and being met by administrators rather than XL staff.

Yes, I feel really sorry for them and their children. It's not so much getting your money back as going on a long awaited holiday.

Devestating news. We had just booked with them for Aug 09, but paid on debit card. :confused3 It's terrible for all their staff, and for the many people due to fly out soon.

Sara. :)

To everyone affected on here i am so sorry+i hope you can get something sorted.
What a shock-also feel sorry for the employee's.x.

So sorry for all of you affected by this. I hope you all manage to make alternative arrangements.
We have flown with them several times and will miss them. I wonder how much longer we will be able to find cheap options to get to Florida.:sad1:

So sorry for all of you affected by this. I hope you all manage to make alternative arrangements.
We have flown with them several times and will miss them. I wonder how much longer we will be able to find cheap options to get to Florida.:sad1:

I said exactly the same to DW this morning when I heard the news - the other 'budget' operators (thomas cook, first choice etc) will use this as an excuse to push their prices up by at least 10-15% for next year's new bookings to "protect the traveller" against under-priced flights and their airlines collapsing :sad2:

It may have a knock-on effect with BA and Virgin, they may not be as keen to put their orlando flights in their sales when they have them, since their nearest competition (besides each other) is no longer operating.

Pixie dust to all affected, hopefully those with holidays more than a few weeks away will get alternate flights/packages and those going sooner will be offered something by ATOL/ABTA to protect their trips :wizard:

There web site has been changed to an administrator page with "what to do now details."
www.xl.com/

Hope you all manage to get sorted.:hug:

Gutted...for all concerned..was going to book with them next year...what about Disney how does that affect them!!

where is it going to end

I'm so sorry to everyone affected,this is terrible news.
I know there was advance warning (with them having difficulties) but many forums was saying they'd find funding so on,so many people felt slightly reassured in still booking.
Sadly this isnt now the case,I am sorry and I hope those affected get back there money so they can rebook.:grouphug: :sad2:

That's awful.
We nearly booked with them for our wedding trip next year, but decided to pay a bit extra and go with Virgin, as we've been with them previously and were happier this way. Maybe gut instinct!
I feel so bad for those who ares still unaware and will turn up at the airport :sad1:

MagicGirl, my mum is out there at the moment. She is due to move to the wilderness lodge on Monday, I hope that this is OK.

Sanford Airport's website has a tiny scrolling banner telling XL customers not to come to the airport.

My thoughts are with all of you who have bookings with them. I know I would be devestated. Two days ago I received a brochure from them with amazing deals in and now they're gone. It's unbelievable and I, like others feel that this will certainly make Orlando a more expensive destination to fly to.

We have only flown TCD once and I would have recommended them to anyone. What airline/holiday company is next - I wonder?

Truly very, very sad :sad: :sad: :sad:

We booked last Sunday through TCD to go next August (8 of us daughters and grand children) 400 plus pounds deposit (debit card). Hopefully we will get that back but I am not worried about that at this stage, firstly staff have lost there jobs and that is the biggest tragedy followed closely by people who are stranded at airports today - not flying on their dream hols - and those who are due to travel in the next few weeks must be frantic with worry as to what is going to happen. Those already in Florida will obviously have their hols ruined with the worry of getting home and the additional expence.

But selfishly for all of us - without a doubt this is going to mean that the prices of holidays to Florida are going to rocket - less seats available and other companies will not want to take the risks now that they have had the warning of what has happened to XL.

I personally feel that this will push prices up yy as much as 50 percent next year. Perhaps Florida holidays will soon be out of reach for many travellers from the UK now as the prices soar.

Good Luck to all those who are due to fly in the coming days / weeks.

Shocking news - and I feel so bad for anyone that booked with TCD.

If XL really were trading until midnight last night then it sounds like wrongful trading, which is a criminal breach of the Insolvency rules.

If any director of XL knew or should have known that the company could not avoid becoming insolvent but still continues to trade its wrongful trading.

It sounds as though they were trying to negotiate a rescue package right up until the last minute. In those circumstances they would have had little option but to continue trading otherwise it would have become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

It sounds as though they were trying to negotiate a rescue package right up until the last minute. In those circumstances they would have had little option but to continue trading otherwise it would have become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Very true :thumbsup2

What awful news - hope everyone who has booked can get their monies back and rebook :hug:

It must be horrible for anyone in Orlando at the moment too :hug:

This is not good for the travel industry and with pricing already high for next year, it is not looking good!!!!!

Bang goes my holiday. I think it's supposed to in 29 days. Atol website has crashed, virgin only have premium economy at 3500 quid flight only and i have on idea how much money i will get back. Both kids went to school very upset. Now trying to find flights and a hotel/villa/tent. I'm so angry and disappointented.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter