*** Yay May! OFFICIAL MAY 2020 THREAD!!! Flowers are starting to bloom! ***

Anyone heard any news on space 220?
I thought I saw something about a March 20 open. Someone on another site commented that they called and that's the date they were given by a CM. Reservations still not being taken, so take that info with a grain of salt :)

Oops! I had to change my dates. My new dates are May 11-23 still staying at Port Orleans French Quarter.

I had to cancel all my ADRs that were made at 180 days. But I managed to rebook them and still got the times and dates I wanted.
That's excellent you still got what you wanted. Hopefully that spells good news for low crowd levels!

So excited MMRR is now a fast pass and not BG. Since we can book 60+13 we should (knock on wood) hopefully have no problem getting FP for the Tier 1 over our stay! Here's to hopeful wishing...

Off topic for a second (sorry!) but I was going through a drawer in my house and found some random stuff, some of it Disney related. These were from a trip I took right after I graduated high school way back in 1997. Apparently the 25th anniversary stuff was still around (which would have been Oct of 1996). I have no recollection of this myself but holy hell, what did they do to the castle? It's like something out of Candyland. Also, the park map is a trip when compared to the attractions today. I love stuff like this. Carry on.

I love Disney nostalgia. 😊

Thanks for the Information. Do you or anyone else know if in the past when new Disney restaurants opened if they had reservations prior to opening?
Yes, they usually do open up reservations leading up to the opening. How far in advance has varied and I don't have any specifics on that. Maybe someone else has more data.

I am using the reservation tool through Touring Plans, which hopefully might catch reservations if I somehow miss them!

Thank you so much for the info!! I would’ve never noticed and that works great for my plans :)
It works out so much better for us too! I would much rather have 2 hours at night than 1 hour in the morning (even though we are morning people, come to think of it we are night owls too, i guess we don't get much sleep at Disney anyway)

What are “Dapper Days”? Will this increase crowds on May1-3?
Its when guests dress to impress, either more modern stylish chic or yesteryear style chic. When we have been during Dapper Days we did not notice any big increase in crowds, we probably saw the most in Epcot and MK but didn't even see them on the rides much

Hey all of us May people, Disney just changed the DHS Sunday morning EMH‘s in May to Evening EMH instead, 9-11pm

...well that certainly opens up some possibilities for hopping. Thanks for the heads up!

It’s almost 100% by and for the Instagram set. Literally all they do is stand in front of walls taking pictures and vlogging. Don’t worry about it.

Hey all of us May people, Disney just changed the DHS Sunday morning EMH‘s in May to Evening EMH instead, 9-11pm

Thanks for the heads up. I like evening EMH better, even though this one won’t affect me.

You’ll see more people dressed up, but besides that I don’t think it effects things much.

Wow, they changed every Sunday to night EMH through August. I think this most likely means they know they'll be utilizing boarding groups for a long time. I know it's speculation to say that, but, morning emh wouldn't allow offsite guests into HS until after official opening time, so it only makes sense.

I too hope they move opening to 8am as well. I think 9am would be a disaster for boarding groups/rope drop, unless they go back to opening rides ~30 minutes before park opening.

Wow, they changed every Sunday to night EMH through August. I think this most likely means they know they'll be utilizing boarding groups for a long time. I know it's speculation to say that, but, morning emh wouldn't allow offsite guests into HS until after official opening time, so it only makes sense.

I too hope they move opening to 8am as well. I think 9am would be a disaster for boarding groups/rope drop, unless they go back to opening rides ~30 minutes before park opening.

From a rope drop perspective, I vastly prefer 8am openings regardless of park. It’s wild how much of a difference it makes.

Not that I think it will really matter on 5/4, lol. I fully plan to be there 90 min before opening that day.

From a rope drop perspective, I vastly prefer 8am openings regardless of park. It’s wild how much of a difference it makes.

Not that I think it will really matter on 5/4, lol. I fully plan to be there 90 min before opening that day.

I’ll be at HS on 5/4 also and have been trying to figure out how early I should arrive!

I’ll be at HS on 5/4 also and have been trying to figure out how early I should arrive!
Really kinda depends. Do you plan to rope drop a top tier ride - Slinky dog, Millennium Falcon or Mickeys railway with shortest wait after park opens? Then be there an hour plus before official park opening. If rope dropping those rides isn't important or you don't mind the wait, you only need to be there about 45 minutes early.

If you also want to ride the Rise of the Resistance ride, be sure to keep up with this thread https://www.disboards.com/posts/61536340/ paying attention to posts 1 and 2 then keeping up with new tips or instructions on obtaining a boarding pass.

After I posted this, I realized what the concern was...May the Fourth...duh. sorry, a little slow. Personally, I wouldn't worry too much about the crowd sizes, just think opposite of everyone else. Get your FPs for Star Tours mid morning and MFSR late morning or early afternoon, and get your boarding pass for rotr. If you have kids doing Jedi training, go sign them up for the first session before park opening, then head to the launch bay and meet the characters while the rest of the crowd hits up GE first, then go do the Jedi training, do your Star Tou8rs fp, then finally make your way towards GE for your MFSR FP and RotR boarding pass. I'd expect all things Star Wars to be swamped all day, except the launch bay first thing. Otherwise, should be a fun day if you pace yourself and set low expectations for how much or how quickly you'll actually do things in GE that day.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter