*** Yay May! OFFICIAL MAY 2020 THREAD!!! Flowers are starting to bloom! ***

Was just coming here to post that.

Seriously considering the CL FP+ now. We had been discussing it the last couple of days since our 90 day mark for it is rapidly approaching, but this news just cements I think. Sure we will have multiple days in DHS but I want the peace of mind and the extra lead time more than anything. We may decide to cut AK AH in favor of it. (I held off on those tickets for this very reason, even though we already have our Villains tickets)

Now that things have shaken out a bit, my plan to have DHS day(s) towards the end of the trip will hopefully pay off. We have 60+4 and likely 60+6 for DHS, so I assume we can get FP for two of the three big tier 1 rides, and try to shoehorn the other one in somewhere. This also doesn't include our ROTR attempt, which will be earlier in the trip in case it's a disaster so we have a chance to try again. I feel pretty good about it.

In your case, though, yeah, I'd probably think about using your CL advantage. What's a few extra bucks to ensure you get what you need when you want it?

For those with only 1 day in HS which Tier 1 are you choosing? I have 2 days, so still not enough, but I have to do Slinky as 1, my daughter (I was too, don't tell anyone) was devastated when we didn't get to ride last trip and I now know for sure I'll get at least early afternoon for my 60+2 day, though will probably do early evening just before our ADR. And my second day, 60+6 is a half day of all star wars, so MFSR it is. I'm going to try to RD MMRR, but will see what others experience with that is like. Might be rough since it's the fork in the road to get to SW:GE and TSL.

This is very exciting though that there are now multiple RD E ticket ride options rather than just the SDD that was there last time we went.

For those with only 1 day in HS which Tier 1 are you choosing? I have 2 days, so still not enough, but I have to do Slinky as 1, my daughter (I was too, don't tell anyone) was devastated when we didn't get to ride last trip and I now know for sure I'll get at least early afternoon for my 60+2 day, though will probably do early evening just before our ADR. And my second day, 60+6 is a half day of all star wars, so MFSR it is. I'm going to try to RD MMRR, but will see what others experience with that is like. Might be rough since it's the fork in the road to get to SW:GE and TSL.

This is very exciting though that there are now multiple RD E ticket ride options rather than just the SDD that was there last time we went.

I would imagine that even with MMRR being the new hotness, most guests will still beeline towards SDD or MFSR at rope drop. Families with small kids who don’t meet the height requirements will likely head to MMRR.

If I only had one day for DHS, my Tier 1 would probably still be Slinky Dog, rope drop MMRR, and ride MFSR in standby towards the end of the night. If MMRR is anything like the Great Movie Ride (RIP) in terms of capacity it will eat up a lot of guests and I would bet it’s close to a walk on with most everyone running to the other two Tier 1 attractions. MFSR standby is not bad later on even with FP+ active, I’ve kept my eye on wait times in the app when bored.

I would imagine that even with MMRR being the new hotness, most guests will still beeline towards SDD or MFSR at rope drop. Families with small kids who don’t meet the height requirements will likely head to MMRR.

If I only had one day for DHS, my Tier 1 would probably still be Slinky Dog, rope drop MMRR, and ride MFSR in standby towards the end of the night. If MMRR is anything like the Great Movie Ride (RIP) in terms of capacity it will eat up a lot of guests and I would bet it’s close to a walk on with most everyone running to the other two Tier 1 attractions. MFSR standby is not bad later on even with FP+ active, I’ve kept my eye on wait times in the app when bored.
I think that's the best strategy as well.

I'm just glad that they didn't do MMRR as a BP as well and you could only do 1 BP/day. That would have made things interesting. Exciting to see all the new rides falling in place making it easier for us May guests to plan for our FP's. Sucks for the March guests who had everything set, then got the Tier 1 change with MFSR a couple weeks ago, now this. lol

MFSR standby is not bad later on even with FP+ active, I’ve kept my eye on wait times in the app when bored.
Also, MFSR FP's don't start until 2/19, so be sure to check back again after that to make sure your planning is still accurate. I can see FP changing the dynamic of how people ride it, spreading the riders throughout the day. I still don't think it'll be that bad most of the day since the ride is stable and can support a lot of guests each day.

Also, MFSR FP's don't start until 2/19, so be sure to check back again after that to make sure your planning is still accurate. I can see FP changing the dynamic of how people ride it, spreading the riders throughout the day. I still don't think it'll be that bad most of the day since the ride is stable and can support a lot of guests each day.

I was just coming on here to say this. Current standby times are irrelevant once that ride gets FP. I still think that will be the "easiest" to ride standby, but that's just my theory. MMRR will be a big draw because it's new but I agree with kylenne that it will probably move relatively quickly given its capacity. My current plan (with two days worth of FP) is to FP Slinky and MMRR, and ride MFSR standby at some point, probably towards the later part of the day. That may change if the wait times begin to get out of hand starting on 2/19

we only have 1 day at DHS- its our 60+3 so im kind of freaking out...
but, we are going to fp+ SDD in lieu of MFSR and plan on hopping on standby for that right before park closing. my son is turning 4 and its his bday trip and he is finally over 38" so he can do some fun rides. I have to bring him on SDD!!! my husband is a HUGE star wars fan, so the day will be focused on that mostly, with a few randoms in between!! :)

with only having 1 day in DHS this is my plan EXACTLY! i have a 4 yo so hopefully it all works out!!!

I was just coming on here to say this. Current standby times are irrelevant once that ride gets FP. I still think that will be the "easiest" to ride standby, but that's just my theory. MMRR will be a big draw because it's new but I agree with kylenne that it will probably move relatively quickly given its capacity. My current plan (with two days worth of FP) is to FP Slinky and MMRR, and ride MFSR standby at some point, probably towards the later part of the day. That may change if the wait times begin to get out of hand starting on 2/19

That's what I meant tbh--FP will obviously make wait times go up but I don't think it'll be nearly as bad as SDD. It also has single rider, which helps. It's not optimal since 99% of the time you'll end up as Engineer but it's still an option. SDD is still going to be the worst I think, since MMRR will have high capacity. Part of the issue with wait times at DHS was losing the Great Movie Ride imo...that was a TON of people having to go do other rides. If you can stick around until later in the evening wait times drop like a rock because everyone's waiting on the nighttime entertainment. I got a ton of stuff done in standby on my last trip with no FPs.

That's what I meant tbh--FP will obviously make wait times go up but I don't think it'll be nearly as bad as SDD. It also has single rider, which helps. It's not optimal since 99% of the time you'll end up as Engineer but it's still an option. SDD is still going to be the worst I think, since MMRR will have high capacity. Part of the issue with wait times at DHS was losing the Great Movie Ride imo...that was a TON of people having to go do other rides. If you can stick around until later in the evening wait times drop like a rock because everyone's waiting on the nighttime entertainment. I got a ton of stuff done in standby on my last trip with no FPs.

There has to come a point in time that SDD is not the hardest FP to get. Is that time coming soon given all these changes? I don't know. It's so ingrained in me that it's hard to get that I'm still making it a priority until proven otherwise.

Also, is engineer that bad on MFSR? My daughter said the other day that she specifically didn't want to be the pilot because she was worried about crashing and everyone being mad at her 😂

We're only staying till closing one day at DHS (the other day is our departure day) and I am most certainly doing Fantasmic (it's my favorite nighttime show) so I guess I'll be one of those lemmings while you get to ride everything with low wait times, lol!

There has to come a point in time that SDD is not the hardest FP to get. Is that time coming soon given all these changes? I don't know. It's so ingrained in me that it's hard to get that I'm still making it a priority until proven otherwise.

Also, is engineer that bad on MFSR? My daughter said the other day that she specifically didn't want to be the pilot because she was worried about crashing and everyone being mad at her 😂

We're only staying till closing one day at DHS (the other day is our departure day) and I am most certainly doing Fantasmic (it's my favorite nighttime show) so I guess I'll be one of those lemmings while you get to ride everything with low wait times, lol!

My only ride on MFSR was Single Rider and I was the Engineer, it wasn't bad per se, but you spend an awful lot of time staring at buttons and your attention is split between them and the screen. If you're not a multitasker or gamer type it'll be more annoying, I think. Single Rider also makes you miss the queue, which made me sad because I'm a huge Hondo fangirl from the cartoons and I wanted to see his animatronic in person.

I think the addition of MFSR has already made it not so hard to get anymore. MMRR as another Tier 1 will, at least for awhile, also make it that much easier.

Unfortunately, the 60 day window puts us at a prime spring break, easter travel time, so looking ahead, it doesn't look different, but I could imaging in early May, you might be able to get a SDD at 60 or 60+1 for late in the day or 60+2 mid afternoon and by 60+3 any time availability. Easter week, both MFSR and SDD are gone through 60+3

We only have one day as a family in HS so we're planning on splitting up our party. My dad and oldest are doing MFSR because both don't want to do SDD. My husband, daughters and me are doing SDD. Our plan is to do standby for MFSR too. My husband is a big Star Wars fan and wants to go through the line and see everything.
My husband and I are also going on our break day alone while my Dad watches the kids and we're planning on getting a Fastpass for MFSR.
None of us are really set on riding MMRR so we'll probably skip it.

Good evening fellow May’ers’..... Enjoying reading about everyone’s upcoming May trips. Flower and Garden is one of our favorite things to see!

We are going May 14 to May 23. Staying 7 nights at Copper Ceeek then moving to BLT for the last 2 nights!

Off topic for a second (sorry!) but I was going through a drawer in my house and found some random stuff, some of it Disney related. These were from a trip I took right after I graduated high school way back in 1997. Apparently the 25th anniversary stuff was still around (which would have been Oct of 1996). I have no recollection of this myself but holy hell, what did they do to the castle? It's like something out of Candyland. Also, the park map is a trip when compared to the attractions today. I love stuff like this. Carry on.

Attachments

• IMG_6503.JPG
    IMG_6503.JPG
    133.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_6504.JPG
    IMG_6504.JPG
    170.5 KB · Views: 15
Off topic for a second (sorry!) but I was going through a drawer in my house and found some random stuff, some of it Disney related. These were from a trip I took right after I graduated high school way back in 1997. Apparently the 25th anniversary stuff was still around (which would have been Oct of 1996). I have no recollection of this myself but holy hell, what did they do to the castle? It's like something out of Candyland. Also, the park map is a trip when compared to the attractions today. I love stuff like this. Carry on.

That's amazing!!!! The park is sooo different!! I do miss toon town.. it's still at disneyland tho if I need to feel nostalgic!!!

I have no recollection of this myself but holy hell, what did they do to the castle? It's like something out of Candyland. Also, the park map is a trip when compared to the attractions today. I love stuff like this. Carry on.
Why it's a giant birthday cake, of course! :rotfl2: :cake:

Oops! I had to change my dates. My new dates are May 11-23 still staying at Port Orleans French Quarter.

I had to cancel all my ADRs that were made at 180 days. But I managed to rebook them and still got the times and dates I wanted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter