Yet ANOTHER droning MR TR - 3/13-20

Hey we might have to "steal" that picture of our family in Cabo! That's my wife for ya, all about the matching outfits for pictures. We had several people jokingly say/ask us "wonder what ship you came from"? Our usual answer was the "Carnival" of course. :laughing:

By the way loving you TR!! Brings back good memories!

I am loving your posts! We were on this trip as well, and are in one of the pictures you posted in the San Pedro terminal.

Hey we might have to "steal" that picture of our family in Cabo! That's my wife for ya, all about the matching outfits for pictures. We had several people jokingly say/ask us "wonder what ship you came from"? Our usual answer was the "Carnival" of course. :laughing:

PM me your email address and I'll send you the 12mb original photo.

Anyone see what was on the very last tender in from Cabo? Hundreds and hundreds of boxes of donuts. They were clear boxes so you could see they were chocolate covered! I don't think I had my camera, still have not started working on the pics.

Chris

Well, DS9 informed me that I had monopolized the Laptop for too long and he was taking it "back." He uses it to play online games against his brother, but all the trip photos and my written journal entries are on it.

As soon as I can get it back, I'll post the rest of the TR.

Now, where'd that little troll hide it...

Well, DS9 informed me that I had monopolized the Laptop for too long and he was taking it "back." He uses it to play online games against his brother, but all the trip photos and my written journal entries are on it.

As soon as I can get it back, I'll post the rest of the TR.

Now, where'd that little troll hide it...

Love your TR we are going on the 3rd. Do you have PDFs of your Daily Navigators?:cool1:

We actually went to Triton's for breakfast this morning. At least DW and I did. The boys stayed in the room, playing their video games, until the Stateroom Host came to make up the room.

11-0319005.jpg

Another trip through the on-board stores to pick up stuff for friends back home. Are we done shopping yet?

Seas are rough and the weather is not the best, but we're all happy to be on the boat. Sad that today is our last day.

DS11 is in The Edge, DS9 and DW are headed up to Deck 9 for a stay in the Goofy Pool. There is a visible wave going back and forth in the Goofy pool.

11-0319023.jpg

Lilo and Stitch made an appearance in the gazebo, too. DS9 took his autograph book (It was a FE gift).

11-0319021.jpg

I wish to take a moment to talk about Door Magnets and Fish Extenders. If you've never been on the ship, the stateroom doors are narrower than the standard door. They can only hold a set amount of magnets before you can't see the door anymore.

Also, I would recommend printing your magnet graphics onto magnetic paper. If you decide to stick magnet pieces to the back of the graphics, use more than you think are necessary. The door's are auto-closing, and when they shut, magnets tend to either slide down the door, or leap off and fall, screaming, to the floor.

We brought more magnets than we had room for, so we rotated them out during the trip. The ones “on standby” were stuck to the inside of the connecting door to the next stateroom.

Fish Extenders (FE) – What's a FE? Well, on the left side, you can see a “fish.” They actually stick out from the wall about 1/4 inch or so. DCL uses them for leaving notes, quotes, etc for the occupant.

11-0319001.jpg

Below it is a Fish Extender. (This one is ours) You can make them from anything, or you can order them on eBay from a wonderful lady who does awesome work.

Find the Cruise Meeting board for your particular cruise. Someone on there should be compiling a list for the Fish Extenders. Participation is voluntary. There are several detailed descriptions of how it all works elsewhere on DISBoards.

We have more candy than the boys can consume in a month, along with magnets, nic-nacs and a wonderful framed graphic from one family. We also came away with some great ideas for next year. Next Year? Yep, we booked another Spring Break MR cruise for 2012.

After breaking our fast in style at Triton's, and rocking back and forth with the rhythm of the waves, we lunched at Beach Blanket Buffet. When we walked in, DW's face lit up like it was Christmas. They had a SEAFOOD BUFFET (stand by for heavenly choral music and symphonic flourishes)!

The one closest to the camera is my tray.
11-0319026.jpg

This afternoon we are booked. Friendship Rocks and Remember the Magic: A Final Farewell. Dinner and our last night on the ship.

Friendship Rocks had been recommended as a "Don't Miss" event, and I agree. All of the kids from the Oceaneer Club and Lab come down to the WD Theater, get up on stage and sing with Mickey and Minnie. They get cool shirts to wear, too. ( I HATE wireless RF keyboards.)

11-0319031.jpg
11-0319041.jpg
11-0319043.jpg

11-0319044.jpg
11-0319050.jpg
11-0319054.jpg

The hardest show for me to watch was Remember the Magic. I'm 40+ years old and I never thought about how much Disney has been a part of my life. From watching the Disney movie each week on TV, to visiting Disneyland, to Disney on Ice, Mickey Mouse has always been with us. Remember the Magic brings that into stark focus, and runs you back through a brief history of film and fantasy and fun. Both DW and I had tears in our eyes when the final curtain came down.

11-0319091.jpg
11-0319094.jpg
11-0319097.jpg

11-0319099.jpg
11-0319100.jpg
11-0319112.jpg

11-0319115.jpg
11-0319117.jpg
11-0319121.jpg

Wipe our eyes and head back to the room to wait until dinner.

One last towel animal
11-0319124.jpg

And then time to reflect on the week, and contemplate saying goodbye to all the SCMs who made our trip truly magical.
11-0319127.jpg

Our last dinner on-board was at Triton's.
11-0319132.jpg

The Parade of Flags through the dining room
11-0319146.jpg

And DW was given her own Birthday Cake, custom made to be Lactose Free.
11-0319160.jpg

After dinner, we headed back to our stateroom for bed one last time.

--

Day 7 Photos are available here.

Love your TR we are going on the 3rd. Do you have PDFs of your Daily Navigators?:cool1:

I have them here. I scanned one tonight, but it didn't come out 100% clean, so I have to figure out what is wrong with the scanner first. I know a couple of people have scanned them already. I need to find the links.

What can I say. We don't want to leave!
11-032018.jpg
11-032020.jpg

I woke up early (didn't sleep well) and went up on deck to see what could be seen. After a while, we got close enough that I could make out details of the port in the distance ahead of us.
11-032014.jpg

Walking back through the ship at 6:00am was like wandering through an empty hall of memories. Everywhere you looked, you could picture children running, parents smiling and characters posing for photos. This morning? Nothing.
11-032003.jpg

11-032007.jpg

Before breakfast we all went up on deck for the last time.
11-032025.jpg
11-032024.jpg
11-032027.jpg

Our breakfast this morning was at Triton's at 8:30.
11-032028.jpg

After breakfast, we wander over to the Promenade lounge to wait until our time to depart came. We ran into some other DISsers and all sat around in a sort of group funk. We were late getting in to port because of weather, and it was raining outside, and we had to say goodbye to friends, etc...

While I have photos that I took when we were getting off the ship, I'm not going to post them in this TR. They are available to look at if you click on the link below.

We left the ship and made our way back to Arizona, enriched by the experience, and looking forward to doing it again next March. I took this picture the night before at the show, but I saved it for now.

To everyone who has read these postings and commented, I thank you. To those of you who are travelling in the future, I hope you have as much, or more fun that we did. To those who have already walked the deck on this schedule, I hope you enjoyed a trip back through memories. To those who were on the cruise with us I say...
11-0319116a.jpg

Till We Meet Again!​

And remember, you're never truly gone. All it takes is a little Faith, Trust and a little Pixie Dust. :tinker:

Day 8 Photos are available here

If you're interested, most of the photos I've taken before and during the cruise are available at this website.

They include pictures from a visit we made to the port back in January, as well as photos from our trip from AZ to CA on the Saturday before departure.

I hope you had as much fun reading as I did remembering and writing.

Also, when I was going through some of the video I shot, I came across this from our departure day back on the 13th. Make sure you pay attention about 0:57 into it.

thank you,thank you:worship::worship:,this has to be one of the best trips reports ever!!!i´m so glad that you guys have so much fun.:thumbsup2

Dave, love your TR. We were on the same cruise with the same dining rotation, can't believe we didn't run into each other. We were at table 52. Did you sign up for the March 4th, 2012 MR Cruise? I made sure I looked up the SUSD Spring Break schedule prior to heading out, just in case we had such a good time that we didn't want to get off the ship without another cruise to look forward to. And that's just how it worked out. Again, great TR and the pictures are excellent.

Love it. Reading your report makes me miss it more than mine...my trip report makes my brain hurt, yours is just pleasure:) I have the navigators all scanned and ready to link in my report and somehow forgot to post them:( Will do tomorrow...

How was your service? Ours was great but just had someone come back and said it was awful:mad:

How was your service? Ours was great but just had someone come back and said it was awful:mad:

Well, I think it's all perspective. I just got back and our service was incredible. Much better than we received on other cruise lines.

Dave, love your TR. We were on the same cruise with the same dining rotation, can't believe we didn't run into each other. We were at table 52. Did you sign up for the March 4th, 2012 MR Cruise? I made sure I looked up the SUSD Spring Break schedule prior to heading out, just in case we had such a good time that we didn't want to get off the ship without another cruise to look forward to. And that's just how it worked out. Again, great TR and the pictures are excellent.

Actually, our school district has not released their schedules for next year yet. There is a draft one floating around that we went off of, and it shows our spring break as the week after yours. We're really on the ball down here in the sticks.

I have the navigators all scanned and ready to link in my report and somehow forgot to post them

Ok. I think I'm having a memory problem with the computer I used to scan them. I'm going to try the laptop and see if they come out better.

Our service was fantastic. We were not the first ones fed by any means, but we weren't in a hurry so it worked out great. Service team was awesome. I need to contact my totally fabulous travel agent and have her note our reservation so we can hopefully have the same service team next year.

Actually, our school district has not released their schedules for next year yet. There is a draft one floating around that we went off of, and it shows our spring break as the week after yours. We're really on the ball down here in the sticks.

I hope that the SUSD Calendar I looked at is the final one, it seemed odd to me that they moved Spring Break up a week. I looked at a couple of the other local school districts like Chandler and they show Spring Break as the week you have. This has fiasco potential...

Ok. I think I'm having a memory problem with the computer I used to scan them. I'm going to try the laptop and see if they come out better.

Our service was fantastic. We were not the first ones fed by any means, but we weren't in a hurry so it worked out great. Service team was awesome. I need to contact my totally fabulous travel agent and have her note our reservation so we can hopefully have the same service team next year.

Forgot them again:mad:.

And...:hug: for that last sentence:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter