YOAMD Postcards and Winners

It sure has been a long time since anyone has won anything by mail. Do you think people gave up and are not posting on here?

I think all the pixie dust for mail entries went to the DVC winner.

I've noticed that too. I'm hoping people gave up - it makes my chances that much better! :rotfl2: But seriously, I have thought about giving up too, but if you look back on this board I've seen people say that Disney draws winners on the 20th of each month and it could take as long as 2-3 months to actually receive prizes. Then people used to post that they would get a few prizes at one time so apparently there is some sort of backlog. I've been sending 3 cards per day most days for 2 months now and haven't received anything. But I'm not giving up!! :goodvibes

It sure has been a long time since anyone has won anything by mail. Do you think people gave up and are not posting on here?

I think all the pixie dust for mail entries went to the DVC winner.

I think it's because more people in the general public know about it now, so they're getting lots more entries. That makes our (DISboard people) chances of being drawn less than at the first. I know I started entering at the very beginning and won several lanyards & ears the first year, but only 1 lately. :confused3

I only won once last year (1 lanyard in July) and so far this year 5 times. In January I got 1 lanyard and 2 ears on the same day and in April 2 ears on the same day. I've been sending in one entry a day since right after the contest started last year.

I send in my one entry a day, have been since the contest started but I haven't won anything yet. I was sending to the wrong address for a few months when it changed, so those won't count.

I got new postcards from the post office too - so I'm starting with those! Everyday I check my mailbox & front porch for a Disney box. Good luck everyone! :goodvibes

I dont think thats really true. If it wasnt for the DIS, I wouldnt know anything about it. Disney doent even advertise it on their website or anywhere really. My sister didnt even know about it. Shes not a DISer, but it took me telling her so. The only real way for you to know is if you did a search on the internet.

I think it's because more people in the general public know about it now, so they're getting lots more entries. That makes our (DISboard people) chances of being drawn less than at the first. I know I started entering at the very beginning and won several lanyards & ears the first year, but only 1 lately. :confused3

I dont think thats really true. If it wasnt for the DIS, I wouldnt know anything about it. Disney doent even advertise it on their website or anywhere really. My sister didnt even know about it. Shes not a DISer, but it took me telling her so. The only real way for you to know is if you did a search on the internet.

I actually found out about it on the Disney website randomly, after a lot of digging around.

Exactly after you had to dig around a lot. Another thing you have to remember is that I keep reading on here that some people just seem to not even know about YOAMD even though they have commercials beyond commercials about it. Another thing is that with gas prices and food prices rising, people just dont have the money to run off and buy endless stamps or post cards. It can DEF. add up in cost over time. I am getting ready to buy enough post cards to last until we go to Disney for both DH and I. Its coming out to be $43.00 including shipping. Thats A LOT of money to be blowing on post cards for something we may never win. And that doesnt include the stamps I wasted and the other post cards I bought a couple months back. Overall I think Im spending about $100. Not a whole lot of people can afford that. Most people would much rather take that $40 and go to a movie, or buy food, put gas in their car, buy diapers, etc. People arent very rich any more these days. People are loosing their jobs from left to right. Its getting to the point where people have just enough money to get them by each month with no money to spare. And its not just a few people here and there thats getting effected. Its A LOT of people. And yes we are one of them. Only reason why we can afford the post cards is because of the stimulus package money. Outside that, all our money is gone to bills, food, gas and to pay off our trip.

I actually found out about it on the Disney website randomly, after a lot of digging around.

Exactly after you had to dig around a lot. Another thing you have to remember is that I keep reading on here that some people just seem to not even know about YOAMD even though they have commercials beyond commercials about it. Another thing is that with gas prices and food prices rising, people just dont have the money to run off and buy endless stamps or post cards. It can DEF. add up in cost over time. I am getting ready to buy enough post cards to last until we go to Disney for both DH and I. Its coming out to be $43.00 including shipping. Thats A LOT of money to be blowing on post cards for something we may never win. And that doesnt include the stamps I wasted and the other post cards I bought a couple months back. Overall I think Im spending about $100. Not a whole lot of people can afford that. Most people would much rather take that $40 and go to a movie, or buy food, put gas in their car, buy diapers, etc. People arent very rich any more these days. People are loosing their jobs from left to right. Its getting to the point where people have just enough money to get them by each month with no money to spare. And its not just a few people here and there thats getting effected. Its A LOT of people. And yes we are one of them. Only reason why we can afford the post cards is because of the stimulus package money. Outside that, all our money is gone to bills, food, gas and to pay off our trip.

These are all valid points and I'm sure play a part in how many people are or are not participating in this contest.

Yeap! Think of it as a postive thing though. Less enteries, more chances of you winning :thumbsup2

As stated before they only have 1 drawing a month (the 20th) and it takes about 2 months to get your prize if you won. So for those who entered back in February/March should start getting their prizes this month. For the drawing to take place on March 20th, 2 months later would make it May 20th. I think in the next couple of weeks, we might start seeing more peoples post about winning something. And hopefully one of those posts will be mine ;) pixiedust:

These are all valid points and I'm sure play a part in how many people are or are not participating in this contest.

Where on the USPS website can I find the pre-stamped postcards? I've been searching, but having no luck!:confused3

Where on the USPS website can I find the pre-stamped postcards? I've been searching, but having no luck!:confused3

They are very tricky to find. From the main page go to buy stamps & shop then for mailing/shipping then prepaid envelopes. They are on the second page, second row, first item. Hope that helps - someone on this message board had to help me find them as well!

Ah, I saw those. I just thought the stamps would be the same as the previous version. If they're .27 cents each and 10 cost $3.00, what's the extra .30 cents per pack for? It's still cheaper than driving to the post office so I'll order a bunch, I'm just curious.

Thanks for the help!

Ah, I saw those. I just thought the stamps would be the same as the previous version. If they're .27 cents each and 10 cost $3.00, what's the extra .30 cents per pack for? It's still cheaper than driving to the post office so I'll order a bunch, I'm just curious.

Thanks for the help!

The cost for the postacards.. so you are paying $.03 per postcard plus postage

:rolleyes: I don't know why I didn't think of that! Sometimes you can't see the forest for the trees, you know? Thanks!

Every One Of My Postcards Have Been Returned Stating Not Deliverable As Addressed. I Am Sending Them To

Disney Dream Giveaway
Po Box 8629
Elmhurst, Il 60126-8629

Any Ideas Why They Keep Coming Back

Every One Of My Postcards Have Been Returned Stating Not Deliverable As Addressed. I Am Sending Them To

Disney Dream Giveaway
Po Box 8629
Elmhurst, Il 60126-8629

Any Ideas Why They Keep Coming Back

thats the old 2007 address

The new address is;

P.O. Box 8650, Elmhurst, IL 60126

I won ears (the dark blue hat with the white ears) in the mail! I was so totally surprised. I've been sending in postcards (2 a day - one for me & one for DH) since the contest began (the first contest that is), and I finally won a pair of ears! :cool1: :rotfl: :banana:

Can you tell I'm just a bit excited??? :banana: :rotfl: :cool1: :woohoo: :dance3: :yay: :cheer2:

I was sooo excited seeing that box on my front porch today! I waited until the kids and my husband got home so we could open it together- and it was the Mickey ears!!!:banana:
We are all thrilled to pieces and can't wait until our next trip to Disney!!
:yay: :dance3: :woohoo: :cheer2: pixiedust:

I won ears (the dark blue hat with the white ears) in the mail! I was so totally surprised. I've been sending in postcards (2 a day - one for me & one for DH) since the contest began (the first contest that is), and I finally won a pair of ears! :cool1: :rotfl: :banana:

Can you tell I'm just a bit excited??? :banana: :rotfl: :cool1: :woohoo: :dance3: :yay: :cheer2:

I was sooo excited seeing that box on my front porch today! I waited until the kids and my husband got home so we could open it together- and it was the Mickey ears!!!:banana:
We are all thrilled to pieces and can't wait until our next trip to Disney!!
:yay: :dance3: :woohoo: :cheer2: pixiedust:

CONGRATS to you both :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

YAY!!!!! :cheer2: I'm so glad to see more wins on this board!! That's what keeps me sending in my postcards!!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter