Your Must Do's while at WDW

MUST go to AK on early open day and grab a FP before riding EE over & over & over. Once the park has reg. open we'll ride it once more b4 the line gets too crazy then we'll move on to the safari then KS then back to EE for our FP. We easily ride EE 4-5 times in a morning. It is DS's most fav. ride of ALL rides.

At MK we usually split up - DS and I go get in line for SM while DH goes over to grab a FP at either SM or BTM so we can do one of those after we finish up with Tomorrowland. After fireworks we have to have ice cream on Main Street.

In Epcot we have to have lunch in Morocco at Tangerine Cafe & I need a margarita in Mexico from the little stand & a Grey Goose slushy in France... OH and we have to ride TT first then Soarin' then MS. On the way out we ride Spaceship Earth.

At HS now we head straight for TSM since the lines there are so bad so we try to get that over & done early. Then we head back up to RRR & TOT using a FP on one or the other. We don't have any must have's for food at HS. There USED TO BE a good Cuban sandwich at the Commissary but they don't have it any more so we just wing it if it's meal time. We started doing Mama Melrose for the Fantasmic package every other trip. But in general I think the selection of food at HS is the worst of any of the parks.:confused3

TRY to do Boma at least once per trip too...and TRY to try out 1 new restaurant each trip.

Small world (when open, boy was I bummed last week with it closed)

pict of my son with the sword in the stone

Watching fireworks even if its from the parking lot.

Mickey pictures

Pool time and relaxing at the hotel

Savanah ride at AK

I have to agree with so many of you that there is so much to see and do at WDW that it is very hard to pick the things which are must to do.

For most of my life I grew up on the west coast and every Nov we would go to LA to visit family. We always did the day after Thanksgiving at Disneyland... which is a nightmare as it gets busier every year.

But there is something about Disney at the holiday time frame. Whether WDW or Disneyland. :santa:

That being said here are a couple of things I like to do:

DOLE ICE CREAM!!!!! this is a must and there are very very few places in the world which serve soft serve DOLE Pineapple Ice Cream. (I hope they put a stand in Aluani, I know it is near the Dole plantation which is rumored to serve the ice cream but who wants to drive all the way over there)

Indiana Jones- best show WDW, best ride Disneyland

POOL Hopping

My all time favorite to do item is spending time with my family at the pool, biking around the property, walking around or just veging out at the park.

There are tons of things to do around the property which does not include going to the parks.

Oh, so many favorites and must do's!

The # 1 must do for my DD's(9, 16) is probably pin trading. They love it! The first thing they look at in every shop is new lanyards, because they have to have a new one for each trip.

As for the parks we all love the haunted mansion (we love making different faces and giving different poses when we look at our reflection with our new rider). We do this multiple times.

Pirates, both mountains, and riding the train around MK is also a must!

Toy story mania is amazing! My whole family LOVES this ride!

Soarin, Tower of Terror, and Rockin Roller Coaster! (We also know where all the cameras are and compete to se who can make the best faces on all the coasters!)

I love eating muffins at Staring rolls cafe in the morning at Hollywood Studios.

We can't go to WDW without eating at Teppen Edo, Boma, and wolfgang Puck express, or going to the lego store in DTD!

And no trip would be complete without us enjoying our resort every afternoon!

Our DD6 started collecting pins, but she is not into trading just yet :goodvibes She likes the ones she has and is not willing to give them up.

It has been so much fun as she gets older to share new rides with her, she loves Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain, and Soarin' (all personal faves for us as well). She is still too young for a few of our favorite rides, but we will go do something with her while the other is getting a ride fix. It works out just fine.

I love to relax at the resort, on our first few trips I thought I was missing something and could never relax. Now - since we have been DVC members, I have no problem heading back to the resort to do the pool, or just chill out and head back out later. Our DD loves AKV, so now we go back and check out the animals or just walk around, she (as are we) are usually in awe of the place

For some away from parks relaxation, we like to rent a pontoon boat. Also like to stop late afternoon at Port Orleans French Quarter for biegnets & cold drinks
( Corona's for DH & I but of course, soft drinks for the kids ! ).

:goodvibes

take a picture at each important landmark(castle,geosphere, tree of life and the hat)
ride expedition everest
tower of terror
space mountain
mission space
test track
and eat at O'hanas

Our must do includes:

1. Olivia's at OKW when they are having their fried chicken special.
2. Soarin'
3. Haunted Mansion
4. It's a Small World--I know the song sticks in your head but it reminds me
of when I went with my parents in the 70's.
5. Sitting in the rocking chairs at Town Hall on Main St watching the world walk by.
6.Expedition Everest- Since the kids are old enough to ride alone it is a multiple time ride.
7. Pictures with Walt at the entrance to Main St.
8. Chefs du France- Daughter has a thing about the waiters (LOL).
9. Son always looks for pins.
10. We go to one new EPCOT resturant each year.

1. Chef Mickeys and get a photo in front of the plate.
2. Fireworks!
3. Ohana for dinner.
4. Mini golf at Fantasia.
5. Buy a new Mickey tie.
6. Buy a new Christmas Ornament.
7. Buy a new cap.

Port Orleans French Quarter for biegnets & cold drinks.
Yep love those biegets :banana::banana: but there is something I have not seen in these lists that my wife of 40+ years and I love. :lovestruc Have you all gone and listened to the piano and orchestra play at the Grande Floridian??

What a wonderful way to spend a evening, boat ride from the MK or WV, then sit in the lobby of the GF and listen, or dance if the moment moves you!!:dance3:

Oh we are sooooo...ready, just a few more weeks for 14 wonderful days.:goodvibes

Moe

Ride EE as many times as humanly possible

Ride Dinosaur, even though no one I know likes it. I can quote most of the pre-show and ride.

Go through certain stores around the World: Island Mercantile, Mouse Gears, Ye Ole Christmas Shoppe, Mickey's Star Traders, Beastly Bazaar

Eat a Dole Whip Float.
Have an Adult Breakfast Platter (or any variation of such) at a CS restaurant because they are just so good and big!

Watch Wishes from our favorite spot (not gonna disclose!) on our last night, then going to see the first show after the fireworks at Mickey's Philharmagic.

Have a picture of me (or someone in my group) pointing at my Leave a Legacy tile. And you can point in any way you want!

Rope-drop it to Soarin and TSMM... Fun early morning activities!

Try to eat at LTT (if we can get ADRs).

Eat at Cosmic Ray's and get cheese for my fries!

Ride HM over and over, staying as late as possible.

Ride POTC and say aloud "Really bad eggs" and make fun of how Davy Jones says his name!

Eat at Earl of Sandwich and have a strawberry hot fudge sundae from Ghiradelli.

People watch and find the worst park outfit of the trip!

Our DD6 started collecting pins, but she is not into trading just yet :goodvibes She likes the ones she has and is not willing to give them up.

It has been so much fun as she gets older to share new rides with her, she loves Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain, and Soarin' (all personal faves for us as well). She is still too young for a few of our favorite rides, but we will go do something with her while the other is getting a ride fix. It works out just fine.

I love to relax at the resort, on our first few trips I thought I was missing something and could never relax. Now - since we have been DVC members, I have no problem heading back to the resort to do the pool, or just chill out and head back out later. Our DD loves AKV, so now we go back and check out the animals or just walk around, she (as are we) are usually in awe of the place

Both of my daughters get so much joy out of those little pins. It started out on our first trip as them looking for gifts for thier aunt and uncle (who brought them pins home from thier disney trips), but they found so many that they liked and wanted. We bought them about 6 or 7 each that they loved. They were interested in pin trading when they saw others doing it, so we bought the lanyard pack that had several of the same pins on it just for trading! They were hooked right away. It's like they found a way to aquire pins the entire trip. Now we find pins at the Disney Store on sale or buy them real cheap on ebay before a trip just for them to trade, and we still buy them a new lanyard and new pins at the World. They come back from each trip and have a seperate lanyard for each one and love to tell the stories of each pin they aquire. This is for all ages, my daughters are 9 and 16 now and started when my youngest was 3!:love: Give it a try, they will love it!

We have gone at least once each year (twice! a few times) for the last 11yrs. We've really tried a lot of stuff...and still have more to do.

We became DVC members after the 3rd or 4th yr I think. I don't think I can stay off property any more. Except, Vistana is very nice.

Our Favorite Foods:
AKL - Zebra Domes, Pizzafari, donald's breakfast, FlameTree BBQ Ribs (st. louis style), Sunrise Savannah Breakfast Buffet...wow! I thought Crystal Palace had a nice spread.
MK - Cinnamon Rolls Main St. Bakery
EP - Biergarten
HS - SciFi Diner Milkshakes
VWL - Grilled Chicken Salad at Roaring Fork (Feeds at least 2 ppl)

Our Favorite Rides:
AK - EE, Nemo, LionKingShow, Dinosaur
MK - All the usual...HM, POTC, 3Mounts, Buzz, TTA, CofP
EP - TT, Snoarin', MS, The golf ball
HS - TSM, INDY, TOT, RNRC, Behind the Seeds, Muppets3D

Our Favorite OddBall things to do:

Pontoon Boat Ride DTD or Bay Lake
Resort Pools and Sand Beach at VWL.
HotTubs at VWL.
Walking Around Ft. Wilderness at Night during Halloween.
Movies at Ft. Wilderness, Smore's and the campfire.

Both of my daughters get so much joy out of those little pins. It started out on our first trip as them looking for gifts for thier aunt and uncle (who brought them pins home from thier disney trips), but they found so many that they liked and wanted. We bought them about 6 or 7 each that they loved. They were interested in pin trading when they saw others doing it, so we bought the lanyard pack that had several of the same pins on it just for trading! They were hooked right away. It's like they found a way to aquire pins the entire trip. Now we find pins at the Disney Store on sale or buy them real cheap on ebay before a trip just for them to trade, and we still buy them a new lanyard and new pins at the World. They come back from each trip and have a seperate lanyard for each one and love to tell the stories of each pin they aquire. This is for all ages, my daughters are 9 and 16 now and started when my youngest was 3!:love: Give it a try, they will love it!

So do all my boys. They have each finished their first themed lanyard. I just bought 50 pins on ebay cheap. They will make a great stocking stuffer and then the boys will have them for our trip in March.

Cape May Cafe Clam Bake Buffet Dinner (at least 3 times each trip).
Hot Fudge Sundae at Ghiradelli.

We usually go in December so--
Epcot- Listen to the Santas from around the world
Disney Studios- Osborne Family Lights
MK- Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party
AK- Expedition Everest (OK so not Christmas)

Not Christmas related-
Epcot- Dancing Fountains
MK- Hubby has to have cinamon almonds.

Sharon

Thanks for the suggestion - we will give it a try!

I love it all, but my must do's are ....

1. Walking around World Showcase and taking in all the cultural differences - especially during Christmas season - love hearing all the different folklores from each country.
2. Dessert from France and tea from England while watching Illuminations from 'the perfect spot.'
3. People watching while waiting for parades at Magic Kingdom and laughing at 'the things people do.'
4. Beating my hubby on Buzz Lightyear - he ALWAYS wins.
5. Disney Popcorn ... at any park.
6. Hot Fudge sundaes at Ghiradelli's.
7. Relaxing at OKW pool (our fave DVC resort) and listening to Jimmy Buffett music - after all, I am on vacation!

We many things we love to accomplish but as I was reading everyone's responses, these "jumped" out at me.....
6. Buy a new Christmas Ornament.
This is usually the one and only thing I buy (for myself) each trip!

Attractions
1. Haunted Mansion (the best)
Our DS6's favorite now has become our family's first ride when we enter MK. He originally called it "The Ghost Ride".

3. Ride the Peoplemover. :snail:
Cannot leave MK without a ride on this! The boys will never let us forget - they love it.

8. Chefs du France- Daughter has a thing about the waiters (LOL).
This just made me chuckle....I've never eaten here but the "quality" of the waiters was brought to my attention by my DCousin (she had lunch there) on our last trip. :love:

Get some Photopass pics, so everyone is in the photo (and by myself, if I'm alone)

Photos with characters

Journey Into Imagination (even tho we still miss the original) and go to the walkway where you can see it behind the upside-down fountain and wait for the monorail to take a photo (love that shot)

Wedway TTA Peoplemover

Keep an eye out for hidden Mickey's

Spaceship Earth

Go to AKL for zebra domes (really wish they'd have them someplace in AK).

Watch any and all fireworks

MK:

1. Be there at the opening - I still get beyond excited when the train pulls up.
2. Dole whip
3. Turkey Leg
4. Haunted Mansion
5. Small World
6. Splash Mountain
7. Wishes - usually watch it from the BLT but I have a few special spots in the park that I like as well. :)

Epcot:

1. Soarin'
2. Walking the countries - it never gets old to me
3. Ice cream in France
4. Lecellier
5. Mouse Gear
6. Via Napoli
7. IllumiNations - have my favorite spot between Japan and the US - to me it is the best viewing.

HS:

1. ToT
2. Rock 'n' Roller Coaster
3. Toy Story Mania!
4. Cobb salad at Brown Derby
5. Great Movie ride
6. Beauty and the Beast show - my daughter loves it!
7. Fantasmic!

AK:

1. Expedition Everest
2. Safari
3. Kali River Rapids
4. Festival of the Lion King and/or Finding Nemo show(s)
5. Yak & Yeti

Other Must Do's for me:

1. Mulitple monorail rides
2. California Grill
3. Chef Mickey's for an early breakfast
4. Crystal Palace - love my 8:05 reservation
5. Boat ride to/from Epcot to/from HS
6. Pictures, pictures, and more pictures (and this is coming frome somebody that doesn't like pictures).
7. Pool time - I have found late afternoon pool time at BLT to be wonderful.
8. Waking up happy and thankful to be at WDW (no matter how tired I might be).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter