your next door neighbors home burns down , they ask to stay with you for a month , would you say yes?

Assuming I knew the neighbors and we had the space (which we don't), I'd consider it. Right now DD, her husband, and his 6year old son live with us. Their rent increased by 50% a year ago and they couldn't find anyplace to live that they could afford (DD is a grad student), so since we have the space, they moved in with us. Sure, they are family and we do know them, hahaha, but it's a similar situation: A family finds out on very short notice that they have no place to live. We were in that position once. We were trying to close on a house and it kept being pushed back for one reason or another. We finally had a closing date but it was four weeks after our rental lease was up. We were basically homeless for 4 weeks, with a 12 year old and two cats. We rented a cheap hotel by the week (think Motel 6 with 2 double beds and a kitchenette), and then some friends learned of our predicament and took us in- kid, cats, and all- for the last 3 weeks. We would have been in dire straits if it weren't for the kindness and hospitality of our friends. SO... BTDT in reverse, and if I knew the people and had the space, I'd like to think that I'd offer to help them out.

Last edited:
Well, yes. If they were to ask, it would only be because of difficulties with insurers and they have nowhere else to go. We'd all make it work.

Yes we had a family if 5 stay with us for 3 months because they were hard on their luck

The ones on the left, yes. We are friendly with them. They could easily afford to rent a temporary place though so they'd never ask. The only one I know on the right is an annoying poodle who likes to bark outside all the time, which leads to all of the surrounding dogs barking too. I wouldn't house them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter