Your opinion is needed

disneyboysmousehouse

Mouseketeer
Hello fellow traders. Recently I came across a posting for a pin of interest up for sale. I decided to send the seller a brief email that was answered with a very sarcastic reply. My email read:

"Hi, is the (blank) pin on card and in plastic LEXXXX still available? If so, would you be willing to take any less for it than ($) ? PLMK. Thanks...Disneyboy"

(Please note: This was a higher-end, higher priced pin. Specifics, such as pin type, LE size and asking price was omitted from the above email to avoid another personal attack from the seller.)

Originally the seller did not state prices are firm or no OBO on their posting, but has since edited their posting to reflect this. Still, I received a very sarcastic response. With this is mind, my question to you is:

"Was I out of line by asking if they would accept less for their pin"?

a form of bargaining. I don't think you were out of line to ask because the worse that can happen is they say no. Just like they get to do the bid with reserve so that the seller can say no, the price is too low.

Disneyboy...

two questions...

How much did it cost you to ask the question of the seller?

Did your feelings get hurt by the sellers sarcasm?

You meet all kinds of people on the net, and sometimes from behind a keyboard, people can get surly. Don't worry about it.

On the contrary, you did something that we are always encouraged to do by the most experienced traders.

In my job... It is always smart to ask. You never know till you do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter