“Worth Every Penny” – A Young Couple’s take on the Eastern Magic!

I almost didn't mention the naps because I thought people would think I was crazy. But thank you for stepping forward and admitting it! I don't know what it was either - the rocking of the boat, climbing up and down the stairs, or just being so excited! It was the wierdest thing, taking naps at 3pm. I guess we needed it? :confused3 :thumbsup2

Let me tell you how smart you were to be taking naps. I am embarassed to tell you that I fell asleep during the Robinsons so I went back to the room to bed. I woke up right about 10 so I hurried up to the pirate party and could not find the family. I totally forgot about Capt. Jack and Mickey and went back to the room and watched the fireworks from our balcony. (Yes I know they leave you a letter saying not to be on your balcony, but we all know Disney is over cautious.:) ) Come to find out our little pirates were on the front row, right by the rope, and had a great time. I never looked for them there, I was looking in the crowd! The girls had the same pirate outfits you did and one stayed on daddy's shoulders the whole time.

So this could have been my one and only disney cruise and I missed the pirate party because of no naps! As a side note, there were some sparks that appeared to come close to the balcony, believe me I was watching them.
But it didn't seem to me that you would see them very well if you stayed inside the cabin because the ovehang of the balcony would have been in the way. It was a great fireworks display, better than I expected.

We're mid-day nappers, too. Although the pace of the cruise is slower to us, I think it's all the eating and sea air that takes it out of you! I cannot make it through dinner without a nap midday!

And I'd have to agree with you about Parrot Cay! That's my favorite restaurant, too...I like it definitely better than Animator's because the menu always seems to be better. The atmosphere is great, too!

Can't wait for more!

Thank you so much for the wonderful report, Just off the magic/western and am looking into the eastern for 2008

i will be glad to help anyway i can but swimming with the Dolphins was the highlight. Please tell me more, TIA

CHAPTER 8: Wednesday on St. Thomas!

We started out our day by eating a late breakfast at Parrot Cay. From what I saw through the portholes on the ship, St. Thomas looked beautiful! I really liked Parrot Cay’s selection of breakfast items. It was sort of like a half-buffet and half-sit down, since the servers would walk you to your table and get you drinks, but you physically went up to the food island to get everything. I mostly got fruit, bacon & eggs and some sort of pancake or waffle. The Mickey waffles are very cute, however I have no idea what any of the waffles or pancakes were made out of. They were very chewy! :confused3 Having a good breakfast gave us the energy we needed everyday to tackle the ship and the ports, so I highly recommend it! And, c’mon, it’s free. :thumbsup2

After breakfast, Mike and I did a few laps around Deck 4’s walking track. We saw another white ship pull in next to us. It turned out to be a cruise line that I’ve never heard of. MCO? Haven’t the foggiest. I learned my lesson from St. Maarten that the air was mildly hot but rather extremely humid, so I tried to find an outfit that would touch my skin the least amount of places possible. [Tip: Remember that packing hint about reducing your clothes by 50%? THAT’S NUTS! I packed 100% of what I thought I needed and I still DID NOT have enough day clothes! Pack everything, people! It’s better to have too much than not enough, I promise.]

We got off the ship and I immediately knew that I liked St. Thomas more than St. Maarten. I heard a rumor that Disney can afford better "berths" so they usually get better docking spaces when pulling into port. We were right alongside the town which was great.
2582908290033203785S500x500Q85.jpg

I don’t know what it was; perhaps the greener hills, more palm trees, a better looking city. The K-Mart and Wendys? I’m kidding. Really though, I liked that all the vendors’ stores were in paralleled indoor “malls” with AIR CONDITIONING! I didn’t care how much something would cost. If it’s in a store with A/C, I’ll go in!
2301765240033203785S500x500Q85.jpg

Mike and I made our way up and down the outsides of all the shops. Nobody haggled us at all, it was great. I ended up going inside a very American looking surf store (think Ron Jon or Pac Sun) and bought a sufer-looking St. Thomas t-shirt that was made from the Billabong company. It’s cute. We also found shops that had cute trinkets inside and got our magnet and cheesy curio cabinet souvenier. I saw a really awesome pirate photo frame that had dark wood, swords and pirate accents for $14.00. About five stores down, I saw the same frame for $8.00! I bought it and we now have our Pirate Night professional photo in it.

About a quarter mile down the road was the Paradise Point tram ride. I really wanted to go on this since I chickened out on the skyway tram in Palm Springs and Alaska! I really owed it to Mike. There were no lines at all. You simply buy the $18 ticket [no need to do it as an “excursion” through Disney] and have the cute little cable car take you up to the top. It’s a very peaceful 7-minute ride.
2679979620033203785S500x500Q85.jpg

At the top, they have a restaurant, gift shop and some sort of nature trail. The captain from the weird MCO ship was up there [clearly tipsy, in my humble opinion] with his arms around two giggly women. Interesting! They took this photo for us:
2403530940033203785S500x500Q85.jpg

The view from the top really is amazing. It was at this very moment that I finally felt like I was in the Caribbean. The green hills and turquoise waters completely matched the postcards and screensavers I had!
2146853850033203785S500x500Q85.jpg

The drink that they are famous for is called the Bushwacker. It tasted like a Mudslide, but with a little more bite. I was excited to order it because the website said that they came in these funny little souvenir mugs that were shaped like the trams. When we ordered them, the nice waitress lady said that they were all out of them which really bummed me out. She did say that if we both ordered the drink, we would get collectable tram flutes. Sure enough, tightly packed in a box were similarly cheesy tram champagne flutes. E-bay anyone? The drinks were poured pretty high and there was no way I was going to finish an entire cup of the Bushwacker, but I did enjoy it, as seen here:
2516819720033203785S425x425Q85.jpg

The views from the restaurant weren’t that bad either:
2351133750033203785S500x500Q85.jpg

We took a short walk around the trail and got some good footage on the camcorder. We then decided it was too miserably hot to go on the “hike” and started our decent. Even the local schoolchildren were moaning, “Eeet izz so hot, I am burning!” Great….

The walk back to the boat flew by since we didn’t zigzag through the shops again. As we were walking towards the ship, Pikey and dry-humor Diversions host Andy were getting off the ship to have some fun on land. Boy are they pretty when they were in their hip and trendy street clothes!

Back on the ship, we huffed and puffed our way up to the room and laid on the bed until the still-questionable temperature in the stateroom cooled us off. I then noticed in the hall mirror how sunburnt I was. Yikes! My fault. I now had a nice white tank top strap to deal with on my shoulders. We took showers and cleaned up for lunch. This time it was from Goofy’s Galley. They have great wraps and Panini’s and fruit. Perfect! Departure time was 4pm from the island and I think we even sounded our horn. On the way out to sea, a nice rainbow followed us. I swore it was just more Disney magic. :wizard:
2003826050033203785S500x500Q85.jpg

Although we were really exhausted, we decided to still go to dinner. I felt like if we missed a night we would be scolded (which later in the cruise kind of happened!). Dinner was in Animator’s Palate and even though it wasn’t a “show” night, I liked the fact that the walls stayed lit up in color the whole time. It was so much better that way! Both ourselves and anther couple announced that we would be at Palo the next night, so it looked like our server would have it pretty easy!

We left dinner a tiny bit early to catch the 80’s Time Warp Party. Let me tell you, I saw the footage of this party on YouTube and it looked awesome!!! We got there at 10pm and comedian/performer Jeff Civillico was performing. [Okay ladies, for all of you out there who thought Pikey was good looking or any other officer on the ship – you clearly didn’t get to meet Jeff Civillico. He was very easy on the eyes!!! :cutie: Just my opinion though!] He looked like he was in his 30’s but after slightly stalking him online lately I found that he’s my age, crikey! He was a great entertainer (and it takes a lot to get a good laugh out of me) and I really enjoyed his stunts. And his tight black t-shirt. No really, it was the stunts. I promise! :rolleyes1

2115208040033203785S500x500Q85.jpg

After Jeff was done, it was time for the 80’s party and boy did they do a great job! They must hire dancers (separate from the theater shows) to do these club gigs. The lights went out and the big screen tv’s came on with a countdown. The opening song was “Footloose” and the dancers came out jumping and doing backflips. They did a great Lindy-Hop dance to Footloose using the moves from the movie. After that, the entertainment staff did some trivia and picked out the people who they would later embarrass as the Go-Go’s vs. Bon Jovi skit. I knew the Michael Jackson dance was coming up so I got a good seat and got the camcorder fired up. Sure enough, after a trivia question about the King of Pop, they segwayed (is that a word?) into another perfectly choreographed dance. The dancers did Beat It, Billie Jean and Thriller all PERFECTLY. I mean, the Thriller dance is incredibly hard to learn, but they pulled it off. The outfits were perfect, the zombie moves were perfect. I was blown away! My hat is off to the DCL dancers, really. More 80’s dancing went on into the night. We made a quick stop to the internet café to check on our dog (her boarding facility had cameras!). She was sound asleep in California on her little doggie bed. And soon enough, so were we.

Next up: It can't rain in May!

Chapter 9: A drizzly Thursday at sea.

Yep, the title says it all. Thursday, our at-sea day between the USVI and Castaway Cay was very dreary. Although, when you think about it, it couldn't have happened on a more perfect day. Everyone was hot and sunburnt from the prior two days on the islands, so a little drizzle and some indoor activities were probably perfect!

Truthfully, I can't really remember much about this day. I do know that we played a horribly boring trivia game in Preludes. It was called "Cruisin' For Trivia", so naturally we thought it was trivia about cruising, or cruise ships, or anything nautical for that reason! Mike and I felt confident that we would take first place again. We got there early and grabbed a pad and pencil from one of the entertainment staff. This was the same British girl that had just learned that "West Consin" wasn't a U.S. state, on Day 1's Bingo round. :sad2:

People filed in one by one and we had a good sized crowd. When the trivia started, Mike and I realized that it was general knowledge trivia and from then on were miserably bored. What's the capital of New Mexico? What is the Hunchback's real name? How many strings does a uklealie have? :eek: :faint: The trivia would have been SOMEWHAT amusing had the family behind us not said the answers OUT LOUD the entire time! :furious: I normally don't give the woman-look-of-death, but I must admit that I turned around a few times to see if I could make eye contact and let them know that there were pads of paper and pencils to be used. Sheesh!

The highlight of Thursday was Palo! Yes, I was the geek that waited up until midnight 90 days out to get my reservation. Apparently, it really IS that hard to get into. On the bus ride to the ship from the airport, the folks in front of us were talking about how they couldn't even get a spot in the place. Wow. So Mike and I dressed back up in our formal outfits (See? Two uses! :idea: ) and headed up to Deck 10 aft at exactly 6:30pm. [Tip from Mike: Men, wear khaki's with the elastic waistband!] We were very happy to have a 6:30pm dinner for once and not 10pm like the past few nights! In short, Palo was AMAZING.
2692931680033203785S500x500Q85.jpg

Yes, the restaurant really is that beautiful. Heck, the entrance from Deck 10 inside the place was superb.
2109610850033203785S500x500Q85.jpg

It's kinda Star-Trek looking....

Our waiter was from India and he was extremely nice. It's true, if you want anything...ANYTHING...they will give it to you. Two lobsters? Done. Two entree's? Done. And no, I didn't see anyone in a tux. The men all wore long sleeved shirts and ties. I only saw two suit jackets - for dinner! Again, do not worry about being underdressed. You'll be surprised.
2922764800033203785S500x500Q85.jpg

I ordered the lamb and Mike had the lobster. He knew about the "anything you want" rumor, so he also wanted to try the crabmeat stuffed pasta. He said it was amazing. He said the lobster was good, but it was some sort of "other" lobster that had a different taste. Different ocean? Rock Lobster!? His folks are from Maine, so he's a bit spoiled when it comes to that. Everyone kept raving about the pizza, which I thought was silly, but we ordered it for an appetizer anyway. It was good. I mean, it wasn't incredible, but it was very tasty thin pizza.
2322146360033203785S425x425Q85.jpg

The food was extremely good - just as everyone says it is. I remembered how many trip reports I read where people left Palo sick from how much they tried to cram down. This is why I purposely did not order an appetizer (I think I surprised the server) and I simply shared a bite of Mike's thin pizza. This way I could enjoy my meal without being sick and full. Apparently there is a "hidden Mickey" in the plates. It's a speck, but sure enough it's there. Our server also said that any unused food on the ship gets smushed up and fed to the fishes. So don't feel bad about leaving food on your plate. Neat, eh? Our main dining server also said that it is a treat for them to get pizza, so any unserved pizza goes to them.

After our superbly delicious dinner, it was time to order dessert. This was a no-brainer. Everyone said that the chocolate souffle was "to die for". Literally. In those words. The DIS folks said it over and over, and even our tablemates who went to Palo on the first night of the cruise said it was to die for. So, what did we do? Yep. We ordered the souffle's.
2450846050033203785S500x500Q85.jpg

So.... I watched the delecate preparation of the souffle and how they gave you your choice of chocolate or vanilla sauce to pour in. I went to take a bite out of it to see what the hysterics were about. Mike and I both looked at each other and said....

"I don't get it?"

What's the big deal?! It's just a souffle! It wasn't bad, it was just....well... a soggy brownie? So yes, flame me forever, but I will go down in history as the girl who thought chocolate souffle was "just okay". I'm sorry, I'm sorry!

On a side note, our server brought us some Flan-tasting dessert (Mike says it's Marscaponi?) that was good. And...umm... the ice cream was good?

Bottom line: PALO ROCKS. And yes, it's worth staying up until midnight or 3am if you really want a magical, QUIET evening. I also appreciated how quickly it went. After 2-hours of loud meals in the bigger rooms, it was nice to have a 2-person table enjoying a meal that only took an hour tops.

Mike, as he always gets, was incredibly stuffed and just wanted to moan and pat his belly for the rest of the night. Luckily with my smart pacing and intake of the dinner, I went to bed happy as a clam. Peter Pan was on television which set the mood for the magical day we would have at Castway Cay the next day!!!

Up next: The Incredible Castway Cay!

Hi,

I love your trip report. We were in Palo the same time you all were (our dinner started at 6:00 pm) and we were sitting in the middle of the restaurant at the window. We're fast eaters also! I wish I had known you could get the lobster and the lamb. We also missed the tram because we didn't know where it was until we got back and it was already 3 pm.

Great report! I am enjoying all the details and tips. We did the Western last fall and your trip report is getting me ready for our Eastern this fall. :cool1:

Still loving the report. Thanks for the tip about Palo and what to wear for the men. DH doesn't have a jacket and certainly doesn't want to buy one to wear once (or twice) on the cruise! :thumbsup2

I'm in awe of all the dance types you can identify. I didn't even know there actually WAS a Safety Dance.

I didn't get the souffle-oomph either. But then I don't get molten lava cakes. If you're wondering about the dessert you did like, it was panna cotta :) I really enjoyed it too, though I've tried it twice on land since then and did NOT (I think it's b/c DCL just seems denser and creamier, as though they use less gelatin...I have enough jiggle to last me a life time thankyouverymuch).

Looking forward to reading about your CC day!

Chapter 9: Castway Cay is finally here!

Going to Castaway Cay truly is about as exciting as going on the cruise as a whole. I agree with the others that the day should be longer, but I know that it takes that extra time to sail back to Florida. Our tv station noted that we would be getting in at 9:15am and leaving at 5:00pm. For some reason I thought it was 7am to 4pm?

I dialed in a wakeup request from Mickey [they are cute, you should try it sometime, preferably on Immigration morning] to be woken up at 8am, just in time to eat a hearty breakfast and run off the ship with the other loony folks. What really ended up happening was that I woke up BEFORE Mickey called and watched out on our verandah as we gently glided towards the island. I was VERY excited! :banana:

We ate breakfast at Parrot Cay again and watched as crew members had meetings alongside the ship in a very military type fashion. It looked like they were transporting food. The cool part was that they all had their own segways! [So THAT'S where the old segway rentals all went!] Workers pressure-hosed down the windows and even re-painted the hull. I swear, if one barnacle touches the ship, they will scrape it off and repaint it. They're crazy like that.

We brought a slightly bigger tote bag on land with us since it would carry our snorkeling supplies, loose clothes and cameras. They did a great job of making the island very "vintage" like, with old gas pumps and signs. I really love that look. We walked over to the Flying Dutchman and took photos. Captain Jack Sparrow stumbled out [right on time, every character we saw was always on time] and did autographs and photos in front of the ship.
2882012800033203785S500x500Q85.jpg

2025977520033203785S425x425Q85.jpg

2609285870033203785S500x500Q85.jpg

2956267940033203785S500x500Q85.jpg

The island was gorgeous. They planted every tree and bush in just the right place. Mike and I headed through the "main" area which had the Conched Out bar, Cookies BBQ and other activites humming. [I even saw comedien Jeff Civellico jogging in his off time....*sigh*....] We decided to hit the adult beach first since people raved about it. For some bizarre reason, we must have missed the tram stop. We took some back road through the brush and ended up on the runway! It didn't "look" like a long walk, but it really was and I would not recommend anyone walking to the Adult Beach! :sad2: Along the runway there was construction. Could they possibly be building some sort of new enhancement? A lazy river water park area?
2873266900033203785S500x500Q85.jpg

The adult beach was great. It was very quiet which we appreciated. The water was calm and very clear. Mike, who hates to swim, found himself loving it and even found a huge starfish. He learned how to use his snorkel and fell in love with snorkeling that very moment.
2710109120033203785S500x500Q85.jpg

We rented a raft and a float tube which were great, but I would only recommend it if you're going to stay there for awhile because it seemed like we only used them for 30 minutes then had to turn them back in. Can you carry them around with you from beach to beach?? The Adult Beach was wonderful after an hour or so but, believe it or not, we were ready to get back where the action was! Since Mike had found a new hobby (snorkeling), I wanted to try the snorkeling lagoon. [We bought snorkel sets at CVS for $9.99, which was completely better than the used sets on CC for $25!] I completely forgot that there was supposed to be some sort of "map" of the lagoon. We just grabbed some vests and ran into the water blindly! [Inflate your vest. The water gets deep and you will get exhausted immediatly and need the buoyancy!] The lagoon was awesome and Mike was having the time of his life looking at all the "sunken" treasures. The man hates to swim, and now he was out-swimming me! :laughing:
2211337540033203785S500x500Q85.jpg

2454999070033203785S500x500Q85.jpg

2003205470033203785S500x500Q85.jpg

We must have snorkeled for a good two hours! And all I have to say is...
WHERE IS THE HIDDEN MICKEY?!?!?! :scared1:
We looked everywhere, I swear!!! He's under a white buoy? Please! I was dying out there!

I forgot to mention that before we snorkeled, we ate at Cookies BBQ. YUM YUM! That place is great! :thumbsup2 Every part about it was excellent! The cookie dough ice cream was to die for, even if it had to be served by a Cast Member and was only 2 inches high. I could have had seconds and thirds. We then headed over to the bar and ordered the infamos Konk Kooler drink. Mike took one sip and his face completely wrinkled up. It was AWFUL! :scared: Poor Mike knows a lot about bartending and mixed drinks but I've never seen him hate a drink. I don't know what it was, but he said that it tasted like Pepto Bismol and gasoline. Yikes!

We were pooped after all that walking and swimming! I was able to meet PlutoNme who was very nice! I was bummed that we didn't meet more DIS'ers. Oh well, it just means we'll have to go again! I really wish we had more energy to do a few more laps around Castaway, but we were wiped out. As we walked back, we took a few more parting shots.
2726305980033203785S425x425Q85.jpg

Mt. Rustmore is ten times smaller looking in real life. However, it dwarfs Mike, so I guess it's bigger when you're up against them. They only looked 3-feet tall to me as I walked by!

2327888710033203785S500x500Q85.jpg

Hey look, there's a new angle! Oh wait no, everyone takes this same photo. :rolleyes:

2618574300033203785S425x425Q85.jpg

Goodbye Castaway :sad1: , we will miss you!

We stumbled back to the ship and realized that we were horribly sunburnt. I forgot to mention that most of the men that were on the ship (and by the pools) were BEYOND sunburnt every single day. Honestly, I saw men with their shirts off that were literally lobster red. Skin cancer red. It was scary.

We took a nap in our room. The snorkeling took it out of us! Finally, on the 6th day of the cruise I had managed to find the spa! I swear, I was on the darn boat for a week and JUST THEN found the spa! I made an appointment for Mike to get a haircut and a scalp massage for myself that night. However, due to the sunburn and godawful Konk Kooler, Mike was very ill and I had to cancel his haircut. We felt pretty bad so we decided to skip on dinner that night. We just didn't have the strength to sit and converse with strangers for two whole hours in a loud restaurant. Plus, we were in Lumiere's for the THIRD time.

This was the night that we were supposed to give out tips. [You can chose to do cash, or use the pre-paid system where they just charge your room and give you ticket stubs] Since we decided to do dinner on our own, I had no idea how we were going to get our tip envelope to our server. Guest Services to the rescue! I was too embarassed to tell them that we didn't want to go to dinner, so I sent Mike up there. He explained the situation and they had no problem taking the little envelopes there and distributing them to our servers. Phew!

My spa appointment was at 7:30 for the Frangipini Scalp Massage. I'm the type of person who doesn't care about back, foot and neck -- but if you touch my scalp, I'm a goner! I chickened out on the last two cruises, so this time I was going to do it!

The Vista Spa is beyond beautiful. :cloud9: I can't even find a word to describe how gorgeous it is in there! The scalp massage was only $26 and they did a neck and shoulder massage as well! They gave me a locker key and I was to change into a robe and slippers. [DIS'ers, you are right! The slippers really ARE a size 4, and my big feet couldn't fit in them AT ALL. They are ridiculous!] After I got changed into my robe, I completely blanked and wasn't sure what I was supposed to do next. Was I supposed to wait in there? Would someone get me? I couldn't simply walk back out into the public area in my robe?! So what did I do? I walked back out into the public area in my robe, passing folks in the workout room and a couple personal trainers. Luckily, that's what I was supposed to do, and they introduced me to my masseuse lady. I completely forgot her name, but all I know is that she was from Australia and I wanted to take her home. The massage was incredible, and I highly recommend it. They put this amazing smelling milk bath stuff into your dry hair. They don't scratch your scalp, rather, they do all sorts of crazy hand movements and hair pulling that massages different parts of your head. It's hard to explain but it's sooooooooo cool. Then they put this oil on your neck and shoulderblades. The second she touched my shoulderblades, all sorts of bumps and pops came about! She asked if I had a desk job. How did she know!? It was the longest 25 minutes ever, and worth every cent.

I completely forgot to write down "no sales pitch" on my form so I did get a very teeny tiny pitch at the end. Stupid me opened my big yap and aked, "How much is the milk bath stuff?" She said, "It's $62, and......" before she could finish I thought "no way!!" I put my dress back on and headed down a few flights to our room. Mike felt better. But I felt the best! The Vista Spa is not to be missed! :thumbsup2

We decided that since we missed dinner, we should order room service. It was the only part of the cruise that we hadn't yet experienced (well, except for the water package). I believe we both ordered sandwiches on foccatia as well as some fruit. I made sure to order the chocolate cookies since everyone said they were great. It all came within 10-15 minutes and it was all delicious! When I saw the cookies, they looked a little dark and I thought they might be crunchy, but they were chewy and thick and very, very good! If they had a *drool* smiley, I would add it here.

After dinner we decided to do one last walk around the ship to breathe in as many memories as we could. Our uber late-night neverending dinner in Lumiere's was still in full swing in the dining room, so we quickly ran past the doors hoping that nobody at our table would see us! This was the first cruise where I honestly did NOT want it to be over. :sad1: On our other two, I was ready to go home by day 3. But Disney truly does have a magical charm and our experience was great. As we walked around the decks, I noticed that we were very close to land. I also saw another white cruise ship parked. We must have been going up the coast of Miami.

Mike and I are super-packers so we didn't have much of a mess to clean up in our room. We threw out most of our stuff (old shoes, the pirate gear, etc.) and made room for our souveniers in our third suitcase. Having the clothes hamper really helped and we simply tumbled all the dirty clothes into another suitcase. We made SURE to have clothes out for the next day and set our bags outside the hall. It was tough going to sleep that night, knowing that this magical vacation that I had planned for so long would soon be over.

Next up: Debarkation Day. Booo!!!!!!:mad:

I'm in awe of all the dance types you can identify. I didn't even know there actually WAS a Safety Dance.

I didn't get the souffle-oomph either. But then I don't get molten lava cakes. If you're wondering about the dessert you did like, it was panna cotta :) I really enjoyed it too, though I've tried it twice on land since then and did NOT (I think it's b/c DCL just seems denser and creamier, as though they use less gelatin...I have enough jiggle to last me a life time thankyouverymuch).

Looking forward to reading about your CC day!

I'm not sure if there was a true Safety Dance, but I know that the song was called "Safety Dance" and Hook & Smee were doing the robot to it. I was born in the 80's so I'm vaguely familiar with the rock bands of that era. I thought it was Devo that did Safety Dance. Regardless, the music choices on the ship were great. A little something for the kids, and a little something for the parents. Where else can you find a Pirate Party that plays the Dixie Chicks "Sin Wagon"? :laughing:

I'm not sure if there was a true Safety Dance, but I know that the song was called "Safety Dance" and Hook & Smee were doing the robot to it. I was born in the 80's so I'm vaguely familiar with the rock bands of that era. I thought it was Devo that did Safety Dance. Regardless, the music choices on the ship were great. A little something for the kids, and a little something for the parents. Where else can you find a Pirate Party that plays the Dixie Chicks "Sin Wagon"? :laughing:

It's actually Men Without Hats that sing the "Safety Dance" and my DH requested it at a wedding a couple weeks ago. If there isn't a dance to it, you'd have fooled me because many of us were recreating the video right there on the dance floor! :woohoo:

It's actually Men Without Hats that sing the "Safety Dance" and my DH requested it at a wedding a couple weeks ago. If there isn't a dance to it, you'd have fooled me because many of us were recreating the video right there on the dance floor! :woohoo:

Men Without Hats!! Thank you! :idea:

Does anybody know the name of the country song they play on Castaway Cay with all the characters? It was fast and sort of techno-ish, but still twangy. It was cute.

Men Without Hats!! Thank you! :idea:

Does anybody know the name of the country song they play on Castaway Cay with all the characters? It was fast and sort of techno-ish, but still twangy. It was cute.

I can't take all the credit - I just Google'd it! Anything you ever want to know - GOOGLE!!! :hippie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter