‘Tiana’s Bayou Adventure’ to Open in Late 2024, Replacing Splash Mountain

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno, I think it looks pretty.

Is the briar patch gone on the big hill?
It would be nice to compare side by side pictures to really see the differences.

I imagine they will keep much of it intact to save money and move the project along quicker.
Yes it looks like all the briars are gone and it is more of a bayou setting. What I'm not clear on is where you exit the tunnel after the drop. Most photos cut that area off, so are you staying "underground longer" or is the bridge moved closer in or possibly under a canopy of trees. Of course with models or renderings not perfect.

That mountain was built for looks, it's a facade likely mostly fiberglass type structure. Add large heavy objects to it would like not only blow a budget but extend the closure much longer. I'm fine with how it looks; it is similar in many ways but very refreshed with it's own look otherwise.

305079083_2222606117898027_4974544819890537759_n.jpg

Hoping WDW also gets some retail/merchandise/food additions to compliment the ride.

Just read about DL getting a restaurant along with the ride. Not sure where they would put it, but hoping they add a restaurant at MK as well. MK really needs another good dining option. I have no doubt they will figure out where to put a store.

Tiana’s Bayou Adventure Model Reveals Changes to Original Plans & Storyline

Even though this is a model of the Disneyland attraction, Imagineers confirmed that the facade changes outlined below will impact both Walt Disney World and Disneyland. The only changes between the attractions will be structural and layout changes that are already present today.

According to the new storyline, guests will travel into the salt mines of Louisiana as they help Tiana prepare to throw a party. It simply didn’t make sense for Mama Odie’s tree to be perched atop a salt mine, so it was removed as the storyline evolved.

One of the major new additions to the facade that wasn’t in the concept art is a water tower. This new addition will seemingly tie in the attraction’s overarching “Tiana’s Foods” storyline. Disney says that Tiana’s Foods is an employee-owned cooperative that Tiana pursued as a way of growing her business beyond Tiana’s Palace restaurant.

As the story goes, Tiana combined her talents as a restaurateur with the talents of locals to transform an aging salt mine and build a beloved brand that bolstered neighboring communities.

Here’s a closer look at the top of the salt mine and some of the dynamic lighting and projections that will fill the space.

Just read about DL getting a restaurant along with the ride. Not sure where they would put it, but hoping they add a restaurant at MK as well. MK really needs another good dining option. I have no doubt they will figure out where to put a store.
I'm waiting for more info, they literally gave no hints of where or when ... this one falls in to I'll believe it when I see it.

Of course they'd have to get VERY creative to bring it to Magic Kingdom.

The Avery Island salt dome in Louisiana is surrounded by marshland too and with Splash Mountain currently being just under 90 feet tall and this Salt Dome topping out at 163 feet above sea level, Disney finally has a reasonable argument to theme this as a Bayou ride while still being tied to the Mountain's change in elevation.

Now of course this speaks nothing to it fitting the rest of the Frontierland theme, but at least there's now at least some logic behind the Bayou/Mountain marketing mix.

In WDW, just rip out Pecos Bill and its sad Little League plastic nacho cheese and plastic containers of Tostito's salsa. I'm ready for the New Orleans theming!!!

In WDW, just rip out Pecos Bill and its sad Little League plastic nacho cheese and plastic containers of Tostito's salsa. I'm ready for the New Orleans theming!!!
Then you'd have to change all of Frontierland to New Orleans theme. Opens lots of options, but can't imagine them getting rid of Frontierland.

The Avery Island salt dome in Louisiana is surrounded by marshland too and with Splash Mountain currently being just under 90 feet tall and this Salt Dome topping out at 163 feet above sea level, Disney finally has a reasonable argument to theme this as a Bayou ride while still being tied to the Mountain's change in elevation.

Now of course this speaks nothing to it fitting the rest of the Frontierland theme, but at least there's now at least some logic behind the Bayou/Mountain marketing mix.

With SM and BTM being add-ons that are kinda over the bridge away from Frontierland. They really could both be a part of their own theme, BTM could very much be a salt mining business, the indoor parts already look about right.

And you know since I can stand in Liberty Square and look at the Contemporary .... Disney doesn't worry about most sight lines much anymore.

We’re going to Magic Kingdom this November before Splash Mountain closes for good. Kinda sad to see my childhood favorite ride leave!

I loathe the fact that one of my favorite rides will be closed for a while, for this stupid retheme. And I'm taking any bets that the new version will suck -- goodbye charming AAs, hello screens?

Kinda reminds me of when they replaced the late, great Aladdin show with that mediocre Frozen show at DCA.

Last edited:
To me it's just a continuation of lackluster attractions that have been added recently. Outside of Guardians, none really as standout like Rise and FOP does. Remy is just meh, Webslingers at DL is an updated version of Midway Mania and Tron isn't worth the E ticket status it will be given. What once was a company that made attractions that really stood out and were ground breaking they really have lost touch.

I'm waiting for more info, they literally gave no hints of where or when ... this one falls in to I'll believe it when I see it.

Of course they'd have to get VERY creative to bring it to Magic Kingdom.

Best guess is they will simply retheme the French Market restaurant or Cafe Orleans, rather than build a new one somewhere.

So to be clear, they are re-theming the ride, which is based on a Disney animation of ancient African and Caribbean oral tradition because of its unfortunate association with a movie that depicts a reconstruction-era freedman in an indelicate albeit historical manner.

And re-theming to take guests on a magical journey through a salt mine that was built, operated by and profited from slavery and which supplied materials and money to the confederate army before it was blown up as a valuable military target by a union general.

That’s what we’re going for?

That’s 140 miles from New Orleans

That’s 140 miles from New Orleans
Yeah, but how many tourists are really going to want to take an imaginary journey to New Iberia?

I suppose they *could* do that classic Louisiana small-town food mashup and rename Pecos Bills to Pecan Island Grocery and Cafe. Given the amount of hunting that happens near there, you could kind of argue for a wilderness theme. (Of course, you'd really need gator nuggets on the menu, LOL.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter