“Frozen Ever After Dessert Party” with Fireworks Viewing and After-Close Attraction Ride

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just booked the Star Wars dessert party and asked the CM about the Frozen party as it has not been released yet for September - he advised me that it was due to be released sometime around July 20th. My FP day is this Friday so will probably try and book the ride anyway and then try for the party as soon as it becomes available. :smickey:

Interesting, I want to believe that is true, but CM's are notorious for making up information, LOL!

Just booked the Star Wars dessert party and asked the CM about the Frozen party as it has not been released yet for September - he advised me that it was due to be released sometime around July 20th. My FP day is this Friday so will probably try and book the ride anyway and then try for the party as soon as it becomes available. :smickey:
Interesting. My 60th day is the 20th. So I’m hoping for at least the day before that!

I actually thought they might release it on or by July 20th as that's 6 weeks before September 1st and I figured that surely they would release the dates at least 6 weeks before.

Just booked the Star Wars dessert party and asked the CM about the Frozen party as it has not been released yet for September - he advised me that it was due to be released sometime around July 20th.
They obviously haven't heard that Illuminations is ending by Sept.
but CM's are notorious for making up information, LOL!
I'm assuming you're referring primarily to phone CMs?

I actually thought they might release it on or by July 20th as that's 6 weeks before September 1st and I figured that surely they would release the dates at least 6 weeks before.

I’m surprised it regularly takes them so long to release the dates. We’re doing the Frozen party on our trip next week and we booked it months ago. I actually didn’t even know about it. I was just looking up ADR’s for our Epcot day and came across it.

I'm assuming you're referring primarily to phone CMs?

Oh, definitely the phone ones! I've called with the same question, talked to 3 different cast members, and gotten 3 different answers. The park CM's are different :-)

I knew it was being replaced for a new show with a temp show in the mean time...and that they were ramping that up. But a couple of things:

1) could you please clarify if you were being sarcastic about the September timeframe

2) would there still likely be a dessert party with the temp show also?

Thanks!

I knew it was being replaced for a new show with a temp show in the mean time...and that they were ramping that up. But a couple of things:

1) could you please clarify if you were being sarcastic about the September timeframe

2) would there still likely be a dessert party with the temp show also?

Thanks!

I am wondering the same thing. I have heard nothing about this and put it in my plans in October but will change my plans if this is true.

Went to the party last night on the 4th. It was great. They took a group of us through the fast pass line before the party started because going against the tidal wave of crowds after the party would be very difficult. We aren’t huge fans of the ride so that was fine for us. We had the inside version thankfully because a lightening storm went through during the party and at firework time. Our party ended up being extended until 9:40. The drinks were pretty strong so I only had 1 (I’m a lightweight). It was nice to chat with some other people at or table. People who wanted to could ride the frozen ride during the delay. They said we could ride again but since we really aren’t frozen fans and we were enjoying conversation with our table mates we declined. They led us to the reserved area 10 min before the show and it was amazing! Almost a dead on center view. Most of the other people had to stand saving their spots in the storm and we walked right up to an open area. The rail was pretty full when we got there but I got my daughter a place on the rail and I stood behind her. Amazing view of a firework show that was beyond spectacular! It was really our first time seeing illuminations which was beautiful but the after fireworks show literally took my breath away. For the finale we honestly thought they made a mistake and all the fireworks went off at once. It wasn’t a mistake and it was awesome. Never saw the sky lit up like that with fireworks - you felt all those booms in your chest. The viewing spot and amazing show made it worth every penny we spent. The party food was good and even though we didn’t eat during the delay we could have. I did grab a cup of hot tea to take to the show. They were very generous with food and drinks during the extra long party. There was a woman (management I assume) who kept us informed of when the fireworks would happen. We honestly felt like VIP’s at both the party and show. Terrific event. Would definitely do again especially in July4!

I was also at this party on July 4th and I agree with everything that MinnieMSue has written! We had a great time. We actually rode the ride twice during the delay. We felt extra special during the whole experience. The indoor party location was very nice. The staff was wonderful. We love the ride. The food and drinks were enjoyable. IllumiNations + the holiday fireworks were outstanding! Fastpasser - please relay how happy we were with this experience. I was hoping for an survey in my email so I could sing the praises of the July 4th party, but I haven't received one yet.

Fastpasser - please relay how happy we were with this experience. I was hoping for an survey in my email so I could sing the praises of the July 4th party, but I haven't received one yet.
I will, in fact I asked the manager of your FEA party how it went as she was last night's SW party manager. I can't say this about all dessert party leaders, but that particular manger is a joy to work with. She is loved by all the CMs in the department. Fortunately, I work mostly with her.

Hoping they release September parties soon! I make my FP+ on Monday! I’m planning to book my FP for one of the new TSL rides and just hop to EP for the party that evening but FEA is a must do for my daughter!

Am I the only one feeling very nervous for the fate of Illuminations with parties not having been released for September and beyond since the Star Wars ones are out and those are usually released about the same time?

Am I the only one feeling very nervous for the fate of Illuminations with parties not having been released for September and beyond since the Star Wars ones are out and those are usually released about the same time?
I'm worried as well. Trying to be a little hopeful since they announced the holiday finale will be included with Illuminations during their holiday press release a couple days ago. We all know Disney never alters anything announced :rolleyes: I hope there will be a dessert party for whatever they do have in place, just hope it's not nothing at all.

Last edited:
I have been watching and waiting to see if dates are released into Dec/Jan for this party. We are coming Dec 28- Jan 4th, and it was top of my list. My Husband and I got married in Disney and had a Epcot Dessert party for our reception on our wedding day. So we would love to have this experience during our trip as a throw back to our wedding day!! Anyone know if it is "likely " to happen during that time frame?

Well, FP day has come and gone. I booked Frozen FP instead of Soarin' and I'm not happy about it. I just want to book this party!

Whining over, carry on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter