“Official” 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party – Strategy and Itinerary Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howdy all,
Don't know if this has been discussed but I was wondering what is the best way to get the most out of MNSSHP ... as far as when to watch the parade, the show the fireworks, rides, candy and such.
What is the best way to plan the night.
I will be there this coming Monday and want to make the most out of the festivities!
thanks for your help!!!

UPDATE - Itineraries

We'll be focusing on the following itineraries:

@MommyTaraLee 9/11 Post #1296 / My Post #2287

@SquashBanana 9/14 Post #549

@akemom 9/16 Post #2415 / My Post #2417

@Araminta18 9/16 Post #89

@PixieT78 9/16 Post #1181 My Post #1184

@kkbookmom 9/16 Post #2789/Cluelyss #2790

All other peeps, please be sure your itineraries follow the Itinerary Guidelines on: Post #2 Unfortunately I do not have time to work on itineraries that don't follow the guidelines. If I have mistakenly added you to the Main page, please let me know so I can remove it. Thank you.

Last edited:

Hi all! We are so excited to be attending our first Halloween Party on 9/16!

Thoughts on itinerary are much appreciated!
Moana is our 1st priority, then Minnie, Daisy, Donald & Mickey in Halloween attire, want to see parade, fireworks, trick or treat & photopass pics. Teacups & Carrousel will probably be our only rides.

9/16
Me & DD (6)

3:30-4:15- Wristbands/ bypass/ Photopass pics
4:30-6?- Moana (snack while waiting)
6:15-7:15?- Minnie, Daisy & Donald
7:15-8:00- Trick or Treat & Teacups (buy pins@ Big top?) mobile order Casey’s
8:15-9:30- Parade (eat while waiting) early enough to get spot on Main Street?
9:30-10:30-Fireworks
10:40-Mickey (wait time?)
11-12- more trick or treating/ photopass pics/shopping (possibly watch 2nd parade)
12- Hocus Pocus (if DD is still going strong!)

Trying to minimize long waits for characters & use time waiting for snacks/eating. No tag team so hoping my DD will do ok! We are super excited!!

My reply as seen on: [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/%E2%80%9Cofficial%E2%80%9D-2018-mickey%E2%80%99s-not-so-scary-halloween-party-%E2%80%93-strategy-and-itinerary-thread.3672288/page-121#post-59582029"]Post #2417[/URL]
9/16
Me & DD (6)

3:30-4:15 Wristbands @ Bypass
4:25-5:50 Moana (snack while waiting)
5:50-6:25 Restroom Break & Refresh if needed
6:30-7:15 Minnie or Daisy & Donald - Two separate meet & greets, pick one.
7:25-7:45 Buy pins@ Big top
7:55-8:15 Teacups
8:15-8:30 Trick or Treat & mobile order Casey’s - Pecos Bill? Closer to Frontierland
8:30-9:35 Parade in Frontierland See: Post #1110 Eat while waiting for parade.
9:35-10:30 Pick up Free Sorcerer of the Magic Kingdom card at Main Street Firehouse & find spot for Fireworks on Main Street
10:40-10:55 Mickey at Town Square Theater
11:00-11:50 more trick or treating/ photopass pics/shopping (possibly watch 2nd parade)
12:00-12:20 Hocus Pocus (if DD is still going strong!)

This is a lot for a 6 year old, probably will be out by 10ish Good luck and have fun!

Your itinerary has been added to the Main Page.

If you update your itinerary you'll have easier access to it on your cell during the party. Otherwise, have a great time!

Who: DH and myself
When: Sunday Sept 16

Arrive in Orlando at 10:30am and taking DME to the Contemporary for one night. Crossing our fingers to get into the room for a nap since we’re flying all night but we’ll see.

Updated now that we know BTMRR is open. Also added a break for food/sit down since it will be a long day! We may be cutting it a bit close with FPs by putting splash in there but hopefully we can get it in. But we’ll drop it if we have to.

3:30-4:10 Arrive at MK, go through bypass & get wristbands. Mobile order food for later while waiting to get in.
4:15-4:35 Haunted Mansion (FP 3:25-4:25)
4:40-5:20 Splash
5:25-5:45 BTMRR (FP 4:25-5:25)
5:55-6:15 Peter Pan (FP 5:25-6)
6:15-6:45 Buzz
6:45-7:15 pick up mobile order at Cosmic Rays and enjoy some down time
7:15-7:25 TOT Tomorrowland
7:25-7:55 Space Mountain
7:55-8:15 Teacups

Then 2 options depending on wait time for SDMT (looking for 30 mins or less)

Option A:
8:15-8:30 Under the Sea
8:30-8:40 TOT fantasyland
8:40-8:50 TOT Lib Square
8:55-9:10 Pooh ride
9:10-9:40 SDMT

Option B: (preferred)
8:15-8:45 SDMT
8:45-9:00 Pooh ride
9-9:15 Under the Sea
9:15- 9:45 TOT fantasy land, lib square and Adventureland

9:45-10:30 watch Hallowishes from west side
10:30-10:50 POC
10:50-11:35 2nd Parade in Frontierland (on BTMRR side)
11:35-11:50 BTMRR
11:50-12:00 Splash/TOT
12-12:30 browse at the emporium on the way out

So we went from your original post which I commented on: [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/%E2%80%9Cofficial%E2%80%9D-2018-mickey%E2%80%99s-not-so-scary-halloween-party-%E2%80%93-strategy-and-itinerary-thread.3672288/page-60#post-59519502"]Post #1184[/URL] and now we have a newly updated itinerary with Options A & B. I agree, "We may be cutting it a bit close with FPs by putting splash in there but hopefully we can get it in. But we’ll drop it if we have to." With the recent news of Disney increasing ticket sales to MNSSHP, many confirmed reports of rides going down and the weather at least you have a back up! You look good to go!

Okay, I've been following along for a while now. First time party goer, so trying to absorb as much information as I can. Finally posting an itinerary. Feel free to tear it apart. I'm not worried about getting to "everything" but I don't want to waste time wandering back and forth across MK either. My overall priority is creating a flow around the park that makes sense.

Sept 16
DH (Jack Skellington tee); DW (myself, Disneybounding as Village Belle)
Priorities (in order): atmosphere, specialty treats, merchandise, BTY Parade #2, Hocus Pocus (any), specific rides, magic shots, random characters (e.g., Cruella but not super popular ones)

• (I have a FP for BTMRR from 3:20-4:20 but we are probably skipping it)
  • We will be eating a meal prior to entry

3:30-4:10 MK Party Entrance, Bypass
4:15-4:20 Photos
4:20-4:35 Sleepy Hollow (Waffle/Sundae treat? Too early?)
4:35-5:05 Mickey's Philharmagic FP (4:30-5:30)
5:05-5:35 Walk towards Liberty Square, ride Haunted Mansion attraction 30min
5:35-6:00 Jungle Cruise FP (5:30-6)

6:00-7:00 ???

7:00-7:40 Tomorrowland - ToT, SM (DH) and PM (DW)
7:40-8:10 Fantasyland - ToT, Cruella?
8:10-8:50 Liberty Square - Haunted Mansion, Magic Shot, ToT
8:50-9:35 Frontierland - ToT
9:35-10:30 Adventureland - ToT, PotC, HM Grave Diggers
10:30-10:45 ???
10:45-11:30 Stake out spot for & watch BTY Parade #2 (Frontierland area)
11:30-?? Follow parade to Castle hub
12:00 Hocus Pocus #3
12:20-?? Magic Shot pics as we exit down Main Street

Questions:
  1. I'm still not clear on what I can do that is related to the party between that 6-7pm timeframe. Can I shop for party merchandise? Can I buy specialty treats?
  2. I'm trying to allow walking time within the timeframes too, but if I need more time please call that out.
  3. With the flow of this plan, I am worried I'm cutting it too close to BTY Parade #1 trying to get to Frontierland. Also considered flipping it (starting on the Frontierland side) but really wanted to watch the second parade from that area.
Thanks for anyone's help!
~Overwhelmed newbie. :surfweb:

Yes, you can shop between 6 and 7. Big Top Souvenirs usually has a good selection and you could loop through Fantasyland to hit it when walking from JC to Tomorrowland. Or the Emporium, but since it’s so close to the entrance, it tends to be mobbed.

Plan to grab your parade spot at 10:30 and you’ll be fine.

Man, slap me on a new pair of reading glasses! How could I have missed your post!? Sorry for the delay... :welcome: to the party!!! Long over do but meant with my heart! :hug:
I'm seeing questions still on your itinerary that have been answered by @Cluelyss you even acknowledged her on: [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/%E2%80%9Cofficial%E2%80%9D-2018-mickey%E2%80%99s-not-so-scary-halloween-party-%E2%80%93-strategy-and-itinerary-thread.3672288/page-140#post-59657330"]Post #2790[/URL] so they shouldn't be there anymore. Please update and we'll go from there.

I have added your itinerary to the Main page for easier access. Please do not repost your itinerary, just post a note with your party date, I know where to find you. :flower3:

Sorry it took so long to reply. I’ve been sick and really hope it goes away soon! Anyway, I updated my itinerary and if you see any problems, just let me know. Thanks!

Using an EVC, you will need more time unless you plan on putting bull horns on the front! :laughing:

Ooooh.... Neat costume idea for next time! I could go as Ferdinand the Bull from the 1938 Disney Short.

4:40-6:00 BOG Dinner (still trying to get a time a little earlier via TP Res Finder) - Let it go! It's too nice of a restaurant to do during a party my friend. It has been reported they are seating late. If you eat before you arrive we could plan even more. Just a thought!
Unfortunately, this is one of my niece's special requests for the trip and this was the only day that would work with the rest of our schedule for the week. I doubt that she will want a picture with Beast, so that may shave off some time.

This isn't wrong but its missing information that is required when posting an itinerary:
  • Who's attending, if kids are involved please include their age
  • What are your scheduled FP+ times
  • Where do you plan on watching the parade
  • More rides where?
We, I don't create itineraries like Touring Plans, Kenny the Pirate etc. you create your plan and we suggest what might work better for you based on all the information required on Post #2. Did you read Post #1 thru #9? I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just trying to understand.

If I could delete the post, I would. No, I had not read posts #1 - #9 because I didn't realize it was that regimented. I saw other itineraries being posted and posted what I thought was our itinerary and with some gaps because not certain EXACTLY what we'll do each minute. I've updated it to include who's attending and DD17. FP times were already in there. For parade...debating about either in Frontierland or handicapped area that I think I saw someone else mention. Again, kinda playing that by ear.

If It would be better, I'll just re-edit the post and remove all the possible variables or just delete all the text. Let me know.

Last edited:
If I could delete the post, I would. No, I had not read posts #1 - #9 because I didn't realize it was that regimented. I saw other itineraries being posted and posted what I thought was our itinerary and with some gaps because not certain EXACTLY what we'll do each minute. I've updated it to include who's attending and DD17. FP times were already in there. For parade...debating about either in Frontierland or handicapped area that I think I saw someone else mention. Again, kinda playing that by ear.

If It would be better, I'll just re-edit the post and remove all the possible variables or just delete all the text. Let me know.
Just edit what you think you will do and then she can help you with timing and such. With so many people posting itineraries, it would be difficult for her to create one for each person. You will get the hang of it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter