10-14-2006 Cruisetoberfest IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, all!

Glad to see so many Cruisetoberfest people have booked again. Count us in for #4! I just booked us this morning. Can't wait to see everyone again!

Colleen :bounce:

Marianne -- So sorry to hear of the latest bombshell from your husband. Did he say anything about being around for your children at least? I think he will be sorry for his actions now in the future. I think my brother is sorry that he walked out on his wife and son 3 years ago, but he has married his internet sweetie so he can't go back now. Keep up your spirits. Good thing you had this past cruise and will have the anticipation and excitement of planning for the next one.

Question to anybody -- I really thought we had a couple of days after disembarking to re-book with the perks, but according to Ave', that is not true. So I am going to look for a good price with a TA and book now. We are going on a Wonder cruise in June and I guess we can re-book for the 10/06 cruise then but the prices will probably have gone up. My question is: If book now with a TA, is it possible for me to transfer my booking to DCL in June and be able to get the discount and on board credit?

Colleen!!! Great to have you with us again!!!

Jean...I would recommend rebooking now (try Dreams Unlimited) then compare prices in June, and take the best deal. I got a quote from DU yesterday, and with the rebate it was only $200 more then the on board price. I of course am keeping the on board booking, I just wanted to see what DU would quote me. I am transfering my on board booking to DU this week to get an additional $100. off the price.

I've always kept my ressie with DCL, but have learned from Eric that it's more advantageous to switch to DU. Is there any downside to doing that? What about cancellation policies.....do I still get 100% of the money back if I cancel before the 75-day window?
Please advise........thanks!
Jeanne

Marianne: your husband sounds like such a ***** (wish I could say it, but I've already gotten in trouble!) Use your imagination!

Hey guys, Sharon, Ciara and Adaria checking in. As you know, we'll be in 2096 for 10/06 (yes, I actually booked a room with a porthole).

A BIG thank you to everyone who made this a wonderful cruise for my girls and I. We really enjoyed meeting everyone.

Special thanks to Bette (your hugs are awesome and you'll never know how much that one at St. Thomas meant to me).

Andy and Arlene, you guys are the best. Andy, you can definitely sing at my kids wedding!!

MaryJo, Sarah and Sam, what can I say, I can't believe that I have a powershopper soulmate! Look out King of Prussia, here we come.

P.S. Remember those sandals -- I actually found one in the lost and found box at customs as we were leaving the ship.

Marianne,
your ex should have heard you sing that song on Krazy Karaoke ;)

Sharon,
we'll be just a couple of doors away from you in 2108.

Mary,
how did you transfer your ressie to DU? And how can they go down another 100 bucks and still make a profit:confused:

We were back at the gym today for an hour on the treadmill. Tomorrow we'll have to get back to work.
Anja learned today that her ward will be closed after Xmas. No lay-offs, all nurses will be sent to different wards - Nevertheless it was shocking news. They used to have three orthopedic wards in the old building, but will combine them into two wards in the new building. So there may be the possibilty for her to stay in the ortho-business, but IMHO after nearly 15 years a change would not be bad for her ;)

I met a friend at the gym today who also loves to cruise. He already cruised several times with RCCL, but I gave him a copy of my DCL-DVD and now he & DW are considering to join us for COB IV. Do Y'all think you can handle 6 Germs?:teeth:

Originally posted by jeanneg
I've always kept my ressie with DCL, but have learned from Eric that it's more advantageous to switch to DU. Is there any downside to doing that? What about cancellation policies.....do I still get 100% of the money back if I cancel before the 75-day window?
Please advise........thanks!
Jeanne

Jeanny,
I only said thad it MAY be advantageous to transfer to DU;)
but according to Mary's post it obviously IS :p
And additionally IMHO it is only fair of us to give them some business as they are the ones providing us with the Boards::yes::

Hi guys!
I've have a question on tipping (or maybe just an observation). I figured my tips for all the servers prior to the cruise and put the cash aside in envelopes for each. At that point, I figure I can add for special service if needed but at least have it out of the way.
Anyway, I had some onboard credit left(can you imagine that:earseek: ) Chris and I felt our stateroom host, dining server and asst server were awesome. (Our head server was nice and did her job, but not over what was expected). So, I went to guest svcs. and put alittle more into the envelopes.(They gave me the ticket with the amount). I did this on Thursday. Well, up until Thursday, our head svr. Nadege would stop by our table each night to say hello. As of Thursday, she went to the table next to us, skipped us, then to the table after us and so on. She totally blew us off on Friday night also. I had to search her down to give her the thank you note I wrote with the recommended tip for the 5 of us inside. At breakfast, she said goodbye to all the other tables except us. I didn't give that much extra to the other servers, but she must have found out somehow and got mad at us. It bugged me that I had to search her down to give her her tip. So, I guess the CM's get their tips immediately after charging it on your account and I'm still not sure how she found out about everyone else's small bonus. Has this happened to any of you? Thanks for letting me vent:)
Regards,
Laura

Well, am I a happy camper! I just called DCL to see if I could still get the onboard credit and 10% discount (wasn't going to bother to call since Ave' had already called and they told her no). Well, I got a "yes" -- I could get the same perks as if I had booked on board. So we are now officially booked in our same cabin as this last cruise -- 6582!!! Can't wait!

Sharon -- sent you a PM.

Ave' - Try DCL again! They gave me onboard perks when I called about a half-hour ago (3:30 Monday).

Hi Cruisetoberfesters!
Chris(my DH and the guy with the HUGE camera) got our cruise pictures up on pbase today. Our group photos are in there somewhere. He took quite a few pics on the trip:earboy2:
Here's the site...www.pbase.com/cscuron and you'll see Disney cruise 04 on there. Enjoy!!!!
Laura

Welcome home to all the traveling Cruisetoberfesters! I have my request in for a quote from DU for the new cruise.. :D :D

When it is official, I'll be letting you guys know. Hope to get our old room for the fourth time! If not, I KNOW one of YOU guys have it booked already!! LOL!!!

This cruise is advertised as a "Special" Western Cruise. Two days at CC!? One day in Cozumel and what was that new port...Costa Maya??? What do you guys know about that?

I checked out Lauarn's pixs and I found the one of all the Cruisetoberfesters but it is so far away. I don't recognize ANYBODY!!! :( :(

Hey DAN!!!

I mentioned that to my DH and he was able to bring it closer to see the faces. I'll see if he can do it that way so everyone can view it closer. I know he had a few other pics of all of us milling around on that deck. I'll see if he can add those also. If you page through some more, I think there's a pic of Eric getting ready for some scuba diving. We'll see what we can do:)

Eric, I am not 100% sure I will get the additional $100. off but I did get it last year when I did the same thing.
6 "Germs" is the limit!LOL!

Marianne...I am SO glad you stuck with your plans and came on the cruise. You DH might come around one of these days, but you can't put you life (and the kids lives) on hold.

Laura...sorry to hear of the tip thing. Our head waiter got just the recommended tip. He was ok and stopped by the table 2X. We also could not find him to give him his tip, so we just left it with the asst. server. We did not feel like talking to him anyway.
To tell the truth, I was a little put off by the whole last evening in the dinning room. It seemed to me it was one big "begging for tips". I know some people need to be reminded how hard the staff works, but next time I think we will just skip the last night, and give the tips in the middle of the week.
The pictures are GREAT! In the pic of Eric and Anja, you can see Ave and I to the right!

Rosemary....YIPEE! I am so glad you are looking into booking! I don't know much about Costa Maya, but I have 2 years to research it!

Auntmeme...glad to hear you will be sailing with us again! Hi to Larry and Parker!

:wave2:

We just got in the door about an hour ago and it is freezing--temperature was 42 degrees and we currently have the heat on since the house is really chilly! Give me the Caribbean weather over cold PA any day!! The trees have really turned into their fall colors since we left. I love fall but hate the thoughts of winter!!

Precious was very happy to see us. She spent the past 10 days at a pet sitter's house and this was the first time that we used her. Seems Precious developed a friendship with two labs that were staying there (she normally growls at other dogs) and they had playtime several times a day!!

Sharon...we had so much fun with your family...you and your girls are awesome!!

Marianne...what can I say about Tom?? I really can't believe that he could make a decision like that without your input or the childrens input but from what we talked about, it doesn't surprise me. So glad that we could meet you again and hopefully, we'll get together before two years are up! Hang in there girl...you have a great future ahead of you!!

videoman...so sorry about your mil...sorry we didn't get to meet you guys. Mary Jo

P.S. Hello to all of our great tablemates!!

Tulirose-

I looked and looked at the pics and did not find the group pic of the Cruisetoberfest people! Am I blind?

To all "new" cruisers-Be warned that if the Tulicouple join us, Rosemary and I like to banter back and forth-we always provide the entertainment!

Dan

dan and scott-check page 14 on that and you should see it. I'm going to try to get DH to zoom in better and put in the other shots he took. All the pics you see there are only the one's he liked best. He took tons during the trip!

Originally posted by dan and scott
Tulirose- I looked and looked at the pics and did not find the group pic of the Cruisetoberfest people! Am I blind?
Yes, Dan. You are blind.

Speaking of which, I took another look at the picture. This time wearing my glasses cuz I'm blind too and I think I see some people I recognize. Andy and Arlene, Bette but not Kim, is that Norm and Nancy at the end (I didn't realize they were going on this trip), Mary and Ave (don't ask me which is which), Mark but not George, Fiona and Jim, Cathy and possibly Art, maybe Kathy but not Mike, no Peter or Jen, and where the heck are Eric and Anja?!!!

Laurarn - Lovely family you have. Thanks for sharing these photos and for sending Dan off in the right direction to find the Cruisetoberfest gang.

Originally posted by Dan: To all "new" cruisers-Be warned that if the Tulicouple join us, Rosemary and I like to banter back and forth-we always provide the entertainment!Dan
Dan, Darling - These "new" cruisers are now "old" cruisers and WE are New to them!!

:teeth: :jester:

Edited to Add: Laurarn - Originally I just looked at the formal shots of your family when I wrote the above. I just went through all the pictures and they are really quite fantastic. One can tell from these wonderful shots that your family just went on the vacation of a lifetime which will be remembered forever. Beautiful, beautiful photos. And the new shows look fantastic. How many days until October 2006? - I can't wait!

Laura,
I loved your pics. It was so funny. We had Gabor and Toney as servers also so I was looking at your pics to see if maybe we could see ourselves in one of your pics. I was looking at the pic of Gabor serving your kids in Animators and thought "hey table 55, that's our table" then I realized you obviousily had early seating. LOL

Thanks for the memories.

Van

Hi Folks,
for those of you who can't wait to check out Costa Maya: Check out this LINK
They don't show any prices for the tours, but I'm sure that I can get that information sooner or later ;)

Rosemary,
good to hear that you and Rich will join us ::yes:: I assume that you will join our table again, but be warned: There'll be 4 Germ(an)s this time!!!
Anja is holding the left side of the banner on the group picture and I'm number 4 in row 2 from the bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter