10-14-2006 Cruisetoberfest IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
@GoofyNut said:
Either our friends are having too much time for us back on land or the new internet prices got to them!

Have not forgotten !!
Working on it!! :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

We to were hoping to see some news from the Cruiseoberfesters. Wishing we were all their with them.

Good to see you guys here though.

DAVE !!!!!!! Good to hear from you. They will be in Cozumel tomorrow. I guess that everyone is having a wonderful time. On the 11 day cruise Disney did not offer the unlimited internet package.

Hope that the family is doing well and that you and Ellen are enjoying yourselves. I think that the girls have graduated from college by now, but I could be wrong. Have a great night and keep in touch. Mike

Cheese Please said:
We to were hoping to see some news from the Cruiseoberfesters. Wishing we were all their with them.

Good to see you guys here though.

Hi Dave!!!

Got this from the Ship!

:lmao: :rotfl2:

Today is Cozumel day. We're taking some beach day excursion--it should be fun. I've got my book & sunglasses. Give me a cold drink, and I'm set for the day.

Yesterday was Costa Maya--I wasn't impressed. But I'm getting different impressions from different people. To each his own.
:teeth:

We were supposed to be on this one too for our 20th but had to move it off to the November date. Can't wait to hear how things are going. I even went to the Cozumel web cam yesterday to see the ship! Hope everyone has a WONDERFUL time!

A fantastic cruise!
Sailaway Party was a blast.
Surprise Cruistobefest members, who we thought were not coming, showed up! Kim and BetteMom!!!!!
Great weather, beautiful ship, great cabin host and servers.
Casa Maya, nice but not a highpoint.We went though the "hole in the fence" and had a fun day with Sally and Peter, but the resort was closed, so we didn't stay as long as we would have if we had been able to buy beverages/lunch.
Cozumel, wonderful dive/snorkel trip with Eagle Ray....and BIG fun at Carlos and Charlie's! :rotfl:
Castaway Cay was wonderful, and looked SO much better then when I was there last (just after a hurricaine).

Home safe and sound. Ton of stuff to unpack, and of course laundry to do.
I hope everyone is home safe.
BIG HUG TO ALL!

Hi Guys! Thanks for all the well wishes! We just got in a few hours ago. We had an awesome time! :woohoo: The weather was perfect! :sunny: It was so great to see everyone...what a great group of cruisemates :thumbsup2 :grouphug:
Hope everyone is getting back home safe and sound. LOVE the video of the Magic and Wonder reunion last Saturday :thumbsup2
Time to get some sleep...long drive today.
Bye for now :wave2:

Mary, we must have been posting the same time. I'm so glad that you're home safely. How did Ave make out?
Wanted to give one last hug, but our porter was running away with our bags at the terminal :rotfl:

Hey Laura!
Ave is also home, but her van is still in Tallahassee. We will not know anything until Monday. The shop was closed today.

Welcome home October double-dippers. We November double-dippers have LOTS of questions for you! ::yes:: Foremost on my mind: did you dock or tender at Cozumel? If you docked, how late did you stay? If you stayed late, how did it impact Pirate night?

Hi Miss Laura, glad to see you made it home safe and sound. As we used to say to my dad every time he went anywhere "did you bring me anything?" (Like a NAVIGATOR ;) huh? Did 'ja?)

We docked in Cozumel. All aboard was 9:30pm. This only affected pirate night if you went to Carlos and Charlies and didn't make it to dinner!LOL!The deck party was just after the late seating.

Welcome home guys.

Hope that everyone had a great cruise. Mike

Hi Jackie!
I did grab a few extra copies of Navigators for you. (I think I have most of them since we had 2 rooms). I'm not sure how to post them, but you can pm me your address and I can mail them to you. In the meantime, if you have any questions...ask away. If I don't have the answer, many of my cruisemates will :grouphug: . We had an awesome time with incredible weather and fun times together. :thumbsup2
Like Mary said, we did dock in Cozumel and stayed until 9:30. Actually, the ship didn't start pulling out until the fireworks after 10. We took a cab to Majahaul in Costa Maya and had soda and bottled water at Pez Quadro. The beach was pretty and a nice view of our ship from there. Massages were $25-$35. Then the kids wanted to hang out at the port pool.
Cozumel-We did the Dolphin Adventure on our own. Neat experience. We also went to Paradise Beach. Very nice, clean facilities, good food and drink. My only disappointment was that the water wasn't crystal clear like I expected. So, I didn't get in. The kids loved the iceberg, though.
Castaway Cay was paradise as always.
Miss everyone already! :wave:

Glad you all had such a great time. :) Sorry we had to change our cruise plans, and weren't with you guys. :guilty:

The good news for us...we still have our cruise to look forward to in about 3 weeks! :thumbsup2

We are safely here at Pop Century. Just did some laundry and are heading over to Grand Floridian for dinner at Narcosee's.

Last night went to Party of the Senses -- ok but a once only thing we've decided. The money we spent going to it could buy a lot of beanies!

Glad that you are home Mary & Laura. Please let us know about Ave's car.

Fiona

Hey all,

Just made it home today.

I started getting phone calls within 5 minutes of touching down at the airport about changes in car pool schedules etc.
Should have left the darn thing turned off longer!

I wish we had met a few more Cruisetoberfester folks while onboard. But it was fun meeting those of you that we did!

We had a GREAT cruise!
Don't know if I'll ever get a trip report put together - but here are some basics...

We went horseback riding and spent some time at Tequila Beach Club on Costa Maya.

We went on an awesome excursion on Cozumel (well, really out of Playa del Carmen) that included a renactment of a Mayan purification ceremony, cenotes, snorkeling, bike riding, zip lines and lunch.

Even with two days at Castaway Cay we didn't feel like we had enough time there! Had fun bike riding, snorkeling, parasailing and at Castaway Rays - but didn't leave enough time for relaxing.

Loved our dining rotation, but didn't like having late character breakfast on a Castaway Cay day.

I think the tag made it to everyone on the list at least once. (I hope some of you didn't end up with it too many times so that it became a bother since I listed individual cabins seperately, even when the same family had more than one cabin)
Everyone did a great job of keeping it moving!

I swear 90 degrees in Orlando with the darn humidity is just as miserable as some of our triple digit summer days here in the desert! WDW sure seemed hot and crowded - but was still fun!

Glad everyone seems to be making it home in one piece. Can't wait to hear more from everyone. We are at 18 days and counting.

I was disappointed to hear the the hole through the fence resort was not open. I emailed Joaquin and he said they would be open the day we are planning on going. We'll see.

Have a great day.

Hey kids, does anyone remember the cost of the Twice The Magic T-Shirts and tote bag? An inquiring Nov double-dipper wants to know!

Sorry Jackie, I heard that they didn't put them out until the 2nd day at CC. I only stopped at the gift shop the 1st trip to CC.
Any one else know???

Here's a funny story! We saw a family on the ship several times that we didn't know. They had the tshirts on when we left the ship. I told them that I didn't see them and she said she found them Friday.
We left to drive back to N. Carolina and headed up 1-95. I think about Jacksonville, we pulled off an exit to stop for a restroom break and some lunch. We ran into the same family.
Then in Georgia or SC (about 200 miles later), we pulled off again for gas and a restroom break. (Remember there are tons of exits and gas stations along I-95). We ended up at the same gas station again! Way to funny :rotfl:
Sweet family. Thought you'd enjoy...what are the chances :confused3 .

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter