11/01/03 Eastern Cruisers, I know you're out there!!!

Quick question for all you that have sailed before. This is our first disney crusise and my 4 yr old daughter is very excited. We are on the Nov 1st ship. What do families do about excursions? We want to do a bit of shopping, but I am nervous about taking her with us and just as nervous about leaving her on the ship. I would be grateful for any suggestions. I can't wait to make new friends on the crusise!

best

First timers

mspat:

I have a spare pair of size 1 and size 3 if the 4 would be too big for the DD9. Let me know and I'll shove them in the bag. You're so lucky to be leaving today. I want to leave now so badly. I'd be happy to be sitting in a hotel close to port right now.

Welcome Mumpish:

We went shopping in the area right off the ship in St. Maarten last year. I felt uncomfortable and clung to my DD because it seemed as if we were overwhelmed with people trying to braid her hair or sell us something. We weren't impressed and got on the boat after a very short while. I didn't find the deals to be as impressive as some said so I wouldn't even try it again.

I don't think it isn't safe for your DD to be with you while shopping, I'm just over protective. I know other people leave their kids onboard and have absolutely no problem but once again I am over protective and I wouldn't leave them on a ship without me within minutes of them.

You will be fine either way. You would probably get much more done if she was enjoying herself back at the clubs.

Happy belated birthday Cindy! Good to know there is another as prepared as I am. Make us seem less crazy when there are other who overpack. The ice/hot pack is impressive, never thought of that.

Tracy

I have to laugh when people tell me that one of the things they like about me is when I decide to do something I do it whole heartedly. It's all or nothing with me, no half way! I guess that's a good thing! :p

Tracy, thanks for the bleated b-day wishes. I just love birthdays! :Pinkbounc

Cindy :wave:
:firefight

PEOPLE!!

We were on the 2nd page; you'd think we're busy packing or finishing up work or freaking out or something

I picked up DS from school and we were driving to get DD and I just said "I'm SO excited that my stomach is doing flip-flops". The look on his face was awesome!

We have a plan to harass Daddy with the "I'm too excited to sleep" commercial (in live version) tonight and then again in the hotel on Friday night.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Our time has come - FINALLY!!!

safe travels to all; everyone wear something lime green, introduce yourselves, be friendly, say hi, make a DIS meet (Sat 5-6 p.m.; Deck 7 aft or Sunday 12:30-1:30 Prom Lounge) and make this the BEST VACATION EVER!!!

Came back to add: when I posted this it said 17 hours

That's 17 hours!!!!

I'm so tired and my brain's racing so much that it really hasn't hit me that in a couple days I will be on the ship, my favorite place in the whole world! I think it will hit me once we've finished our really long drive on Friday.

I found a lime green shirt in my closet today that, surprise, I've never worn. (It's lime green after all) Tacky or not I will be proudly wearing it as we wait in line. If you see a crying woman (I think it will finally hit me that I am going on this cruise when I'm at the port) wearing a tacky lime green shirt, please come up and say hi.

Everything is packed and ready to be loaded in the car. One more day and we leave!!!

If you see a crying woman (I think it will finally hit me that I am going on this cruise when I'm at the port) wearing a tacky lime green shirt, please come up and say hi.

didn't you mean to include:

drinking a forbidden (in the terminal) adult beverage out of a child's sippy cup to cover her actions....?

We should bring in flasks under our shirts

Do they make LIME green drinks?

How's that for a compromise?

Besides, it's noon somewhere in the world

:tongue:

Hey guys......just wanted to post it is FINALLY less then 24 hours to takeoff for us but we do get to gain three hours flying east so that is a bonus. We are so excited!!!!!!

The amount of gathering and packing we did today I can use a couple of Margaritas myself!

Have a safe trip everyone.....I will try to check in one more time tomorrow before I leave work but most of you may already be traveling!

Kristina:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy:

It's here, it's FINALLY here. The day we leave! ~sniff~

DD and DS are up (6:15 here) and I went to bed at midnight. I'm thinking a drink and a nap on the plane are in order. The drink for me, the nap for all....

I'll check in at work (I can't believe I was stupid enough to schedule myself for a 1/2 day).

It was so cute putting my kids on the bus this morning. DS's 13 and 11 are so excited to get back on the ship they don't mind all the tests they have to take today to make up for the days they are going to miss. Sesame Streets song "Caribbean Amphibian" has become our theme song, can't get it out of my head!

Everyone flying in tonight and tomorrow have a safe flight. See you around the pool at 9:00.

I was stupid enough to book myself for 1/2 day at work tomorrow too.

Oh well, It will keep me occupied.

I hope to see everyone tomorrow nite by the pool, I probably won't arrive until about 9:30

Safe trip to all!!

Lori

This is so exciting! Though my stomach is doing knots right now. I have myself so stressed out and worked up that I am forgetting something important!

Everyone have a safe journey. Will see you by the pool at 9:00 p.m.!

Tracey

Okay I am sooooooooooooooooo ready. Our plane leaves tonight at 9:00 I know I have packed too much and I am probably forgetting something important but we will make do.
Safe Trip everyone and Happy Halloween!!!! We look forward to meeting y'all on Saturday.
Cindy

Just a heads-up for the TorT folks; I did not pack my kid's costumes (but DS does have the "Mickey hands" - he was Mickey from Fantasia with the red robe/blue hat). They dressed up twice last weekend and were ok with leaving them behind as long as they get the "goodies" at what I am now referring to as a party.

I couldn't deal with packing MORE stuff for a 1 hour thing. I just couldn't do it (put me in the BMC - bad mommy club) but since they don't care (they're just excited about the whole trip) I went with it!

~phew~, one less thing to worry about!

My DD might wear a Cinderella dress at the Radisson that we are bringing along for her to wear at formal night (so what if I already bought her a formal dress) but she may be so tired she might not. The boys don't want to dress up and I don't have space to pack anymore so your kids won't be the only kids not dressed. So the Bad Mommy Club has one more member. I have the Halloween treat goodie bags all packed and ready to load in the car. I want to leave now!

Hair and nails done. House is clean and only one more meal to cook for everyone and I am off duty for 9 days!!! I think it finally hit me that we are getting on the ship in 2 days!

Tracy

Hey Everyone!!!! Sounds like we're all in the same PARTY MOOD.
I haven't been able to post - been way too busy.

I'll be in lime green too. Don't know if I can convince family to though. They think we'll look queer. Not if you're a Disser I told them.

Want those drinks in terminal--will pay (green) money.

I'm working a full day tomorrow -UGH!!!!! What was I thinking.

See everyone Sat. hopefully. Have a great trip.

We're ready to go!! As soon as the garbage is out for pick up, luggage in the truck, we leave! WoooHooo :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Can't wait to see all the lime green! We've got our tags (thanks Cindy). See you all Saturday!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter