• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

17 nights at Royal Pacific and still didn`t want to leave

So glad you had the chance to finish your trip report. The end is always bittersweet. Sad to leave the vacation and ready to be home and in routine again. I always say, I will be on vacation again next year. And we will be coming to USO in August. It seems far away now, but so did our holiday trip, when I booked the hotel last January.

We went from 70s in Orlando to 20 at home. Ugh. Two days after we came home, it snowed 9 inches. Today, freezing rain, 28 degrees F, and a skating rink for sidewalks and streets until the temp rose 4 degrees later in the day. And Tuesday, high of 12, with wind chills -20. Needless to say, we are now enjoying puzzles and laundry.

Thanks for your Trip Report, I have enjoyed reading it and seeing your pictures.

Noooooo.....say it's not over :sad:

I've enjoyed it so much I never want it to end. It was great sharing your adventures.

I can't wait until September... we will have a blast:thumbsup2:

Really enjoyed your trip report carole! I've never been in Orlando more than eleven days, imagine if I stayed longer might put down 'roots' & not want to leave either.::yes::

It's been awhile since I've read a TR that makes me so hungry. Nascar's food has vastly improved over the years, every time I order the shrimp/fries platter I'm lucky to make it half-way through. May try that teriyaki chicken next visit, looks really good. Speaking of good-decent pizza is hard to find in the Orlando resort area imo. Don't like any of Disney's we've sampled. Pleasantly surprised Louie's and Simpson's food court were good. Since your DS seems to be an aficionado:thumbsup2, make sure to ask him which other ones he gives a thumbs up.

Carole...great finish to a great report! The next trip can't get here soon enough!

Thanks hun..........yep looking forward to it already....as you can imagine :goodvibes

And we will be coming to USO in August. It seems far away now, but so did our holiday trip, when I booked the hotel last January.

Thanks for your Trip Report, I have enjoyed reading it and seeing your pictures.

it`ll be here before you know it Lynne........Thanks for reading along, glad you enjoyed it :thumbsup2

Noooooo.....say it's not over :sad:

I've enjoyed it so much I never want it to end. It was great sharing your adventures.

I can't wait until September... we will have a blast:thumbsup2:

I know......I really enjoyed writing it and remembering things we had forgotten.........Kyle says he doesn`t remember me winning at mini-golf for some reason..........selective memory methinks.....I know I won cause I was doing the scoring :scratchin

Yes looking forward to September and catching up again.....and getting to meet your daughter this time :goodvibes

Really enjoyed your trip report carole! I've never been in Orlando more than eleven days, imagine if I stayed longer might put down 'roots' & not want to leave either.::yes::

It's been awhile since I've read a TR that makes me so hungry. Nascar's food has vastly improved over the years, every time I order the shrimp/fries platter I'm lucky to make it half-way through. May try that teriyaki chicken next visit, looks really good. Speaking of good-decent pizza is hard to find in the Orlando resort area imo. Don't like any of Disney's we've sampled. Pleasantly surprised Louie's and Simpson's food court were good. Since your DS seems to be an aficionado:thumbsup2, make sure to ask him which other ones he gives a thumbs up.

we really loved Nascar this year after having a break of a couple of years, will definitely be back again...........the teriyaki chicken was gorgeous.....he did let me have a crumb of a taste :rotfl:

Pizza wise......he loved Sal`s at PB......that was his favourite overall, ours too I think......I was surprised as his was very garlicky....but delicious. Along with Louie`s he really liked the pizza in Jake`s Bar, so did we, it was delicious and yes the pizza in Simpsons was nice.....but more of a lunch snack than the others. Honorary mention for Confisco Grille pizza too........again it would be ok for a lunch.

Glad you enjoyed the trippie........thanks for the nice comments :goodvibes

Awwww...so sad this report has come to an end:sad1:
I want to thank you for a wonderful trip report!! I enjoyed it so much! We are heading to Universal for the first time this July and reading your review has helped me tons! We have been strictly a WDW family (2-3 trips a year for the past 10 years!!) but my 7 year old and 2 year old (well and me and my husband) adore all things Despicable Me! Plus they also love Dr.Suess and Curious George! So we decided to take a break from WDW and head down to Universal! We are very excited!
Looking forward to following your next review!:cool1:

Awwww...so sad this report has come to an end:sad1:
I want to thank you for a wonderful trip report!! I enjoyed it so much! We are heading to Universal for the first time this July and reading your review has helped me tons! We have been strictly a WDW family (2-3 trips a year for the past 10 years!!) but my 7 year old and 2 year old (well and me and my husband) adore all things Despicable Me! Plus they also love Dr.Suess and Curious George! So we decided to take a break from WDW and head down to Universal! We are very excited!
Looking forward to following your next review!:cool1:

Thank you so much.......really glad you enjoyed reading along :thumbsup2

I'm sure your children......and you and your DH of course will love Universal.....DM is such a fun little ride and the minions or mini-onions as affectionately renamed by mac are just adorable.

There is something for kids of all ages there....Seussland is just wonderful for littlies and bigger ones too :rolleyes1 I'm sure you'll all have a blast......and thank you again for reading along :goodvibes

Fantastic TR! I've never been but learned so much by your experience. Can't wait to go in July, will be staying at the same hotel as ur family ;) thanks again for taking the time to write it.

Fantastic TR! I've never been but learned so much by your experience. Can't wait to go in July, will be staying at the same hotel as ur family ;) thanks again for taking the time to write it.

You're very welcome............. I'm so glad you enjoyed reading it :)

I'm sure you will love the parks and RPR.......it's so lovely and very relaxing, but never dull :thumbsup2

Thanks for reading along :wave2:

We are going to Universal this March. Not our first time, but our kids are older, so it will be a different kind of trip! I have loved reading your trip report, and I just have to say, you all have the most amazing smiles!!!!! Glad you loved your trip!!

We are going to Universal this March. Not our first time, but our kids are older, so it will be a different kind of trip! I have loved reading your trip report, and I just have to say, you all have the most amazing smiles!!!!! Glad you loved your trip!!

Thank you so much :goodvibes

I'm sure you'll have a brilliant trip in March.........it's so close, it'll be here before you know it.

Thanks again for the lovely comments :wave2:

sorry i am late for the finale of your report but i have an excuse.....

i was at the darkside and i hate my ipad....

i always love your trippie's Carole.
you make everything come to life with what you say and your pictures.

since our dates are not the same again for this year, i'll be using the phone to visit with youse.

thank you so much for sharing your trip with us!

sorry i am late for the finale of your report but i have an excuse.....

i was at the darkside and i hate my ipad....

i always love your trippie's Carole.
you make everything come to life with what you say and your pictures.

since our dates are not the same again for this year, i'll be using the phone to visit with youse.

thank you so much for sharing your trip with us!

Lol.......I knew you would wait till you were home to read the last part :thumbsup2

Yes our phone calls are legendary.......Kyle is amazed how long we can chat :rotfl:

Glad you enjoyed the trippie :hug:

What a great trip report!!

Schumi, your photos inspired me to try out Longhorn Steakhouse (the one over by Disney). It was fantastic. One of the best dinners I've had out in a long time and not too expensive either!

What a great trip report!!

Schumi, your photos inspired me to try out Longhorn Steakhouse (the one over by Disney). It was fantastic. One of the best dinners I've had out in a long time and not too expensive either!

Oh I'm so glad to hear that........we love that Longhorn.....never let us down yet :thumbsup2 and yes the prices are so reasonable for the meal you get.

Glad you enjoyed the trippie too :goodvibes

Thanks! I read every entry you made. We are going to universal for the first time this coming August. It was great to read your report. Although I feel full just thinking about all of that chocolate cake and virgin drinks!!! :rotfl: I am just kidding, but thank you again for taking the time to share!

I was up in the air on which hotel to book but I am definitely going with Royal Pacific.

Thanks! I read every entry you made. We are going to universal for the first time this coming August. It was great to read your report. Although I feel full just thinking about all of that chocolate cake and virgin drinks!!! :rotfl: I am just kidding, but thank you again for taking the time to share!

I was up in the air on which hotel to book but I am definitely going with Royal Pacific.

Lol.......just looking at that chocolate cake makes me ill ::yes:: so I know what you mean.......

Thank you for the lovely comments and glad you're going to the royal Pacific.......I'm sure you'll love it and have a great trip when you go :)

Such an amazing trip report, thank you so much for taking the time to do that. I've looked forward over the last few days to sitting down in the evenings to read it.

You have convinced us to try Universal for the first time this August for a week before heading to the Wilderness Lodge. I'm really excited and can't wait. My two eldest daughters will be 8 & 9, so a great age for Universal and adding a new dimension to our WDW trips, especially after 10 years.

Now I'm just deciding which hotel to go with and wonder if I could ask your advice? Originally we were looking at PB, which I love the look of. However, you have sold RP very well and we could get a club level room at RP for only a little more than a standard room at PB. In your opinion is club level worth it? Do they have ice cream/snacks during the day for children?

I am thinking that it probably will be worth it. My youngest DD is one and I can imagine that not only will we be spending a great deal of time at the resort during the day in pool (especially in August), but I will also be walking back to the resort so she can nap in her pushchair whilst the others remain in the parks. The air con in the club lounge (for a few quiet moments during the holiday to myself to have a quiet read whilst she sleeps), sounds great to me!

If we go for a club level room, do you have any advice on where a outs in the building to request? Any particular building?

Any advice would be great. Thank you so much.

Such an amazing trip report, thank you so much for taking the time to do that. I've looked forward over the last few days to sitting down in the evenings to read it.

You have convinced us to try Universal for the first time this August for a week before heading to the Wilderness Lodge. I'm really excited and can't wait. My two eldest daughters will be 8 & 9, so a great age for Universal and adding a new dimension to our WDW trips, especially after 10 years.

Now I'm just deciding which hotel to go with and wonder if I could ask your advice? Originally we were looking at PB, which I love the look of. However, you have sold RP very well and we could get a club level room at RP for only a little more than a standard room at PB. In your opinion is club level worth it? Do they have ice cream/snacks during the day for children?

I am thinking that it probably will be worth it. My youngest DD is one and I can imagine that not only will we be spending a great deal of time at the resort during the day in pool (especially in August), but I will also be walking back to the resort so she can nap in her pushchair whilst the others remain in the parks. The air con in the club lounge (for a few quiet moments during the holiday to myself to have a quiet read whilst she sleeps), sounds great to me!

If we go for a club level room, do you have any advice on where a outs in the building to request? Any particular building?

Any advice would be great. Thank you so much.

Thank you for the lovely comments, and I`m so glad you`re going to Universal......it`s such a fun place to be and we certainly think the RPR is the best place to stay, certainly for us it is.

Club Lounge is in T3 7th floor, we were on the 6th floor for most of our trip but were in T1 for 4 days at the beginning. It wasn't a problem walking over to T3......couple of minutes walk. You could get Club attached to any room if available, but most people seem to be in T3 7th floor.

T3 is our favourite tower, but T1 has some nice views too.

During the day they have snacks between 12 and 2, it really is just snacks, but you can get coffee, cans of coke/sprite and water throughout the day. Never saw ice cream.

We found when there are no food offerings the lounge is very quiet. We went in a couple of times when we were doing laundry and we had it to ourselves, I was lovely and relaxing, so it would be ideal to sit with your little one if it was quiet.

The breakfast is really nice, we always enjoyed that. We never really ate the snack/appetisers in the evening as we prefer to be out for dinner somewhere but they always looked lovely. My son did eat the chicken mac and cheese one night and loved it :thumbsup2

We did enjoy the Club lounge and I would recommend it and definitely the Royal Pacific :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter