20041218-cruise-friends-memories Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying....

Anyways...

I get directions to France's house. It's in an outlying area that I'm not that familiar with, so I only know one way to get there.....

I leave early (unusual for me) and head out to pick her up for dinner. About 2 miles from her house, I see a Deputy in the road blocking it. Seems a tree, a very large tree, has fallen onto the road. (Could this be a sign???) I ask the nice female deputy how to get around it - and she laughs when I tell her why, and kindly writes down new directions for me. I show up at Frances' house about 10 minutes late. Of course, she hated her one boyfriend who always showed up late, so I'm off to a great start.....

But it gets better....

Virgil
pirate: TFD

I'd decided to take Frances to a new restaurant in town that neither of us had been to. On the way it starts to rain - actually pour, so trying to be a gentleman, I drop her off in front as close to the door as possible. She still gets soaked. I then proceed to park in the parking garage that is attached to the restaurant and walk in dry.... I really DIDN'T know that it was there. I'm doing good so far - aren't I????:confused:

Virgil

Well, we sat and ate.. the food was really good.... but the company was even better.....We chatted like we were old friends....As I told a friend later it was "click"... I just new... I think she did too.....

We went to the riverfront park to listen to music - of course she was wearing sandals, and it was quite muddy after the rain... (more points I'm winning.....) I took her home, tried to go the normal way, thankfully the deputy was still there because of the tree... so she actually started to believe me about that.....:rolleyes:

We were engaged on Christmas which was about 4 1/2 months later and we were married almost a year later.....

Frances said she didn't want to date medical students or residents - as she was happy living in Huntington, and she had the most seniority in the ER as a nurse - so she got first pick of days off and such..... Well, I was in between my second and third year of med school when we started dating. We moved a year after we married...

More to come.... the wedding/honeymoon.....

Virgil

Well - we had a great wedding.... I was class president so most of my class was there... we danced, drank and ate.....

I only had a couple of days off - so we went to Cincinnati to Embassy Suites for our honeymoon. We drove up in a driving rainstorm late after the reception. When we arrived we were told that there were NO rooms available. Didn't matter that we had a confirmed reservation... and I had called earlier in the week. OK - I understand it happens... BUT as we were standing there a couple - bride and groom - still in tux and gown - walk up - and proceed to check in. I said WAIT - how did they have a room - when we - who are also on our honeymoon - have been here for 30 minutes.... The desk clerk looks pale... the manager proceeds to tell me that they called earlier to confirm.... I am so mad at this point I am speechless.... Frances had never seen that side of me..... I advise the manager that not only are they picking up my room at the other hotel - they're providing transportation..... Needless to say - it ruined our evening......

A letter and a few phone calls later - we're treated to a weekend on Embassy Suites - including dinner, flowers, etc..... They really came through (after I wrote the President of the company of course)....

Our "real" honeymoon occurred after graduation - we went to WDW for a week - stayed at the Beach Club... did take my two kids with us - but we had a blast.... did the all inclusive package...

and here we are 12 years later.......and the "click" is still there (most of the time at least)....

Virgil

Guess it's my turn to talk to myself.....

I noticed a couple of others over on the INTERCOT boards that said that they were on the cruise with us. Invited both of them over... (hopefully - it's not anybody on here...didn't sound like anybody I "knew".....)

Virgil

I expect some of the "lurkers" to go ahead and post their stories today..... I mean - I have to have something to read at work tonight - don't I??? :confused: :earseek:

I hope that everybody has a great Wednesday....

Stay safe!

Virgil
pirate:

Originally posted by seaulater
So, Vicky, I left the places home of those Disney outlet stores you told me about. I could go back and find it 200-300 pages ago, but if you happen to get on line, would you just tell me the names of the outlets again? I am sure if I ask around though, I will easily find out.

Linda

One outlet mall if Belz mall off I-4 close to Universal (opposite direction off 4). There are two Character Warehouse and Character Premier. The outlet mall is a bit closer to WDW, the Premier Outlet turn Left off 536 just east of the Buena Vista Suites & the Carrib Royale. This store is alwo a Character Wearhouse.
Good Luck

:flower1: Good Morning Cruisers! :flower1:

Happy Wednesday!

Love all the stories of how everyone met!

Well off to read the boards and then to work I go.

Originally posted by justmestace
Yes....she's going crazy, having to go to Kinko's to check in.
Buying a new computer, but researching first......

Gus...I will probably be talking to her....did you get my PM??

Stacey

Yes, thank you

Photo Gallery Update!

The photo gallery has been updated with Disneylover4's picture. Stop by and check out the great picture of Heather and Joe.

GOOD WEDNESDAY MORNING EVERYONE!!!

:cake: Happy Anniversary Mary & MarK!!! :cake:

:bday: Happy Birthday Julia(DD of magiroux) :bday:

G O O D M O R N I N G , A L L , H U M P D A Y ! ! !

Cash and I are heading out to brave downtown traffic and the government offices...I HATE this...Maybe it would feel less like a chore if I pretended that I was about to explore downtown Road Town in Tortola...

Wish me luck and NO mishaps! :smooth:

I think I am going to Epcot tomorrow. I need to have some fish and chips.

That's so funny you should mention this. Today I was getting ready for the day and was racking my brain trying to figure out how to pick up a Figment ornament we forgot to get. Saw it. Decided "we'll get it on our way out of Epcot." Then forgot.

Any chance you'd be able to snag one for me? I wouldn't need it until the cruise, so there'd be no need for shipping it to me.

Just in case you check in on your way out, I'll describe it, but if you can't get it.....or don't want to.....I understand.

I saw it at Mouse Gears. It's in their Christmas section and it's a flat, porcelain disc with Figment right in the middle. There *may* be rainbow colors around it, I can't quite remember.

Would be most appreciative, but understand if you can't get it---after all, I didn't get it b/c I didn't want to lug it around!! Just let me know, one way or the other.

Thanks!

Hi, Good Morning Everyone

It has been so long I don't remember exactly how I met my ex. I do know he was Mr Wonderful for many years.

Said there are 22,000 of them and they are unhappy cuz Disney is cutting their benefits and raising their insurance premiums.

MIL just went to the casting dept last week and checked on jobs. She reported back to us that CM's pay about $0.50 a pay for insurance. I'm not sure if she got her figures right, so don't quote me, but if that's the case, I'll trade my insurance premium to ANY Disney CM!!

heard they have a new Disney Haunted Mansion Clue Game! I

They've had that for awhile. We bought it when it first came out. We LOVE it! I like it better than the original Clue b/c no one gets killed. They get "spooked."

Also, Monday the 18th they came out with Pirates of the Carribean LIFE. We got that the first day (gift from MIL) It's really cool too!!

Originally posted by uromac
Melissa:earsgirl:
Now cabin #'s 6045 & 6044

Man, we're taking over the deck 6, port side hallway. We are 6060, my parents 6058 and the Scubas are 6048! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter