20041218-cruise-friends-memories Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to the pharmacy today to get some 'bonine'. I will test it this weekend on the 2 night cruise to nowhere. The 'patch' works for me but I get headaches. I keep hoping the more I cruise I will overcome this motion sickness thing .;)

Originally posted by jilljill
said if I was bored that night was I going to be bored the next night, and if I was did I want to go out.

:) Cute. Nice comeback on his part!!

Originally posted by WVMD
I then proceed to park in the parking garage that is attached to the restaurant and walk in dry....

Smooth!!! :)

Attending a wedding for the first time, a little girl whispered to her mother, "why is the bride dressed in white?" "Because white is the color of happiness," her mother explained. "And today is the happiest day in her life." The child thought about this for a moment. "So why is the groom wearing black?"

Originally posted by jhemond
Attending a wedding for the first time, a little girl whispered to her mother, "why is the bride dressed in white?" "Because white is the color of happiness," her mother explained. "And today is the happiest day in her life." The child thought about this for a moment. "So why is the groom wearing black?"
:scared1: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Happy Anniversary Mary and Mark!

How we met our spouse? Well, I was dating his roommate - luckily in a very casual way ;) Walt came home from coaching softball (I think others commented about a man in uniform!) but I thought to myself, "Tim is nice, but that Walt is a hunk!) Well out with Tim...and Walt invited me to go to a wedding with him that summer. We had many of the same friends. At the time I was 19 and he was 27. No more dates. Big age gap. Many casual encounters....played on the same co-rec softball team a couple of times.

Three years later in April Walt was in a car accident (I am a respiratory therapist) and a mutual friend saw him in the hospital. I had since moved and bought a home in his neighborhood. (Not for him of course). I sent him a get well card and said if he needed anything, bandages, beer, to call me. He called a few days later and we went out. By then I was 23 and he was 31 and the age thing wasn't that big a deal. We saw each other about every day since then, were engaged in October, and married the following July. I still tell him that the accident nocked some sense into him :-) It is wonderful that the best looking guy I ever dated ended up being my DH!

Now the best looking guy is also the best dad and the love of my life for over 17 years!

Have a great day cruising friends!
Teresa

Originally posted by Cruisin'goose

We spent part of our honeymoon at WDW. (when we could have bought a lifetime pass to MK for under $1000.) we are kicking ourselves over not doing that one. Who would have thought we would have been back soooo many times since.

But you know, it still would have only been good for MK, not the other parks. So you still would have to buy passes to go to Epcot, MGM, etc. Wouldn't have saved you much in the long run.

Originally posted by justmestace
Yes....she's going crazy, having to go to Kinko's to check in.
Buying a new computer, but researching first......

Easy, tell her to get a Dell! Can't beat their computers and their service. I blew out my hard drive once, and Dell had a guy at my house the NEXT DAY with a new one.

Originally posted by seaulater
So..............when I get to MCO and go to get my car...........I wander out to the emerald aisle for National and there are no cars parked out there. So I say to the National Car person, so how can I get a car when there are none. She says.......oh just pick out any over there in the executive row.

So, I pick out a PT Cruiser, dark blue, and load the luggage in. And when I turn on the car, it has 8 miles on it! Guess it is my lucky day, brand new car, first driver, and I'm cruising down the road in it! Just wish I could have shared the excitement with someone!

Linda

I forgot to tell this part of our trip! When we arrived at MCO at midnight on Oct. 7, there was a long line at Budget. All the counters had signs that said "no cars without advance reservation". Luckily, we had a reservation for a full size. When we finally got to the desk, we were told that only compacts were available, but they would give us 50% off. We said OK, just happy to have a car. You should have seen the line for taxis! The parking garage looked like a ghost town. Anyway, when we returned the car, they charged us full price, and couldn't change it. So we checked in at Southwest, and Kevin had to go back to the Budget counter to get his credit.

With all the damage during the hurricanes, it seems many people in central FL are driving around in rented cars. And lots of people that had cancelled trips are now going back to FL. They are supposed to be bringing more cars in from other states. Sounds like it's still a problem. You were really lucky, Linda!

Originally posted by ohiominnie
Man, we're taking over the deck 6, port side hallway. We are 6060, my parents 6058 and the Scubas are 6048! :)

Sounds like the party to watch the sunset at Key West will be on deck 6! It needs a port side view. We are starboard, sorry.

Originally posted by dobelover
I am going to the pharmacy today to get some 'bonine'. I will test it this weekend on the 2 night cruise to nowhere. The 'patch' works for me but I get headaches. I keep hoping the more I cruise I will overcome this motion sickness thing .;)

Sue, try half a pill first and see if that works for you. Bonine kind of zones me out, same for DD. You sleep well, but that's not exactly what you want on a cruise!

:lovestruc HAPPY ANNIVERSARY MARK AND MARY :love2:

Just a minute to check in. Have a busy day. DS finally well and back at school so I have tons of errands to run.

Promise to try and post our "how we met" story later.

Hope everyone has a great Wednesday!

Deck 8 is pretty full with us too, at least the suites!!

Good Morning everybody!!!:sunny:

Happy Anniversary Mary & Mark:lovestruc :hug: Have a great day.

The rain is falling. Hooray!!!:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc .

Couldn't get on the site last night. Have spent the past few days with a croaky voice from the cold DD2 gave me. Hey at least she shares. She got an ear infection from it, and now DD5 is getting stuffy.

I'm happy for all of you who are getting your room #'s. They tell me I can't find out until 2 weeks before because of who I booked through. Should I just be persistant like booking the excursions?

Lynda, dang this just hasn't been your week with motorized vehicles. Do hope all is well.
Have a great day all. In the words of our beloved GaRy "COFFEE"
:wave:
Cheers -D

Thanks for all the anniversary wishes!

Setting someone up for 13000!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter