20041218-cruise-friends-memories Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by seaulater
Well Stace, jump on a plane and get your tush over here! I don't have to go to Atlanta until Thurs. pm for meetings!

Linda

I wish!:space:

I wish I were "Bewitched"........wiggle my little nose.......

My thoughts exactly. They are lucky to have jobs. I was amazed at how many blue tarps were on roofs as we were flying in. I bet Home Depot made a killing here.

Linda

Hi Everyone!

Just stopping by to say hi! Everyone seems so busy!

BTW - Virgil - I'm glad someone from these boards got the cat. 3 we gave up - at least maybe I could stop by and see what it would have been like;) - Oh, well - I am going to renew our vows and hopefully our private cabin will pay off in the long run;)

I hope all is well and I can't wait to meet everyone even though I've mainly been a lurker on these boards!

Have a great night everyone!!!

Melissa:earsgirl:
Now cabin #'s 6045 & 6044

Well, I guess I better be like Sleeping Beauty. Need to get some rest before my big shopping day tomorrow.

Goodnight all!

Linda

Originally posted by seaulater
So, Vicky, I left the places home of those Disney outlet stores you told me about. I could go back and find it 200-300 pages ago, but if you happen to get on line, would you just tell me the names of the outlets again? I am sure if I ask around though, I will easily find out.

Linda
In case Vicki doesn't get a chance to give you the info. The outlets are located at the Premium Outlets off of 535 and at Belz Mall at the end of I-Drive (other side of US & IOA). They are called Character Connection and Character Corner. Happy shopping.

Hi Melissa...glad you're here! I sent you a PM a loooong time ago...did you get it?

Stacey----picky, picky, picky................okay so I fixed it, but I wasn't too slow....................since I got another TOP!!!!!

Top of the 9th.....Red Sox lead! 1 outl. Think they will go 3-0?

Thanks for the store info. I wrote it down and have it on the nightstand. Yep, those are the two places Vicky was telling me about. I'll go see if I can burn a big hole in that wallet tomorrow!

Linda

Okay, I've contributed my 11 for the day!!!!

GOOD NIGHT ALL!!!!!
Linda

Hi Everyone again -

BTW, DH (Adam) and I met freshman year at College (F&M) and we were in the same Chemistry class. To make a long story short - he tried to get my attention during chem lab by trying to extinguish my bunsen burner with water (Yes, a very MATURE thing to do) - I tried to save my experiment (which fell on the ground as a result) and the rest is history so to speak. As I like to joke around - he ruined my pre-med career and he became the Dr.!!

Oh well, 25 years later we can laugh about those things - but we have a great DS (Brandon) 15, and DD (Samantha) 11, as a product of our little experiment!!!

Melissa

:earsgirl:

While I was in medical school - I volunteered as paramedic and worked at the local hospital as their trauma registrar. I then started working for the local EMS to help pay for school. Frances (DW) was a nurse in the ER at the hospital. I'd noticed her a few times when I would bring patients in. She was cute and always nice to me. When I asked her friends about her - she was dating a WV State Trooper. Needless to say I waited.... :earseek:

Virgil
pirate: TFD

Melissa,
Lots of kids in your kids' age groups.....we have DD Jordan, 14 and DS, Jared 11.

Didn't your DH know he was supposed to LIGHT your fire????;)

We're listening, Virgil.....:listen:

Just tell the patients to take two aspirin, and call you in the morning......

And jilljill....if you're out there....how did you meet your ever-so-DH???

Couldn't sign on for the last 30 minutes.....

A few months later - a mutual friend told me that Frances was asking about me. I went into the ER the next day transporting a patient for EMS. (OK - this gets confusing so pay attention). I went upstairs to the radio room to talk to the mutual friend. I said that Frances was working in the ER today - and that I was going to ask her out. I had seen her, at least I thought I had, and told the friend that I was going to go down and ask her out. He proceeded to tell me that no, it wasn't her day to work, that she doesn't pick up many extra shifts and that I must be confused...... Hmmmm - who is it in the ER that I want to ask out then.... is it Frances? or somebody else...???

Virgil

Whew! What a day!....Scooter is at the electric legs hospital...They actually have the controller cable in stock! and will have it repaired tomorrow! and delivered! Yayyyyy! Cash has to go get his international health certificate tomorrow down in Austin...bunch of running around to do...OFF to bed for the Fluff Queen....

So the friend calls down to the ER - turns out Frances was who I though she was - and she was there working extra. I worked up the courage to go down and ask her out - believe it or not I'm usually fairly shy.....

So I went downstairs - asked her out - she accepted and we made a date for that weekend.....

Stay tuned for the first date.....

Virgil

Originally posted by justmestace
And jilljill....if you're out there....how did you meet your ever-so-DH???
Here's another story that involves a Bob...happens to be my brother in this case.
When I graduated from HS I went to work at a hardware store/pet shop, which happened to be owned by my DB's former in-law's (or OUT-LAW'S in this case :teeth: ). We were both working there and he was friends with several other people that worked in the shopping center. Two of his friends would always come in and bug me.
A few weeks after I started working there I began dating someone I had gone to school with - a marine stationed at Camp Lejeune. (Vicki, we have something in common). That lasted until early December - too much distance and too much alcohol on his part.
In January I had been out with a friend of mine and stopped into the grocery store (located nest to where I was working) to see one of my DB's friends. He wanted to know what I was doing out at that time of night by myself - told him I was bored and had been riding around with another friend. That opened things up for him. He then said if I was bored that night was I going to be bored the next night, and if I was did I want to go out. So I was bored the next night and we went out.
Finally about a month later my DB realized we were going out. It seems that DH didn't want him to know we were dating since he and his friend had been told by my DB that I was off-limits because I was too young. I was 17 when I started working there and they were older. Little did I know that DH was 10 years older - didn't bother me after I found out.
We got engaged almost 2 years later and married another 1½ years later. In Jan. we will be together 20 years, that's more than ½ my life :earseek: . Who would have know that working at a hardware store/pet shop would have me meeting my future DH?!? :confused:

Wow, I didn't realize the story is so long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter