20041218-cruise-friends-memories Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
:flower1: Good Morning Cruisers! :flower1:

A beautiful Sunday morning to everyone!

Cindy - have a safe trip up to WDW and give everyone a hug for me! Have a great time tonight!

goofydadeo - welcome back to the thread. I try and cover the most important things in the newsletters so if you are keeping up with those you should be fine. Plus we tend to repeat things quite a bit :D

afff - welcome back. You know we don't live all that far from Cedar Point and we've never gone. Maybe next year. This year is already pretty booked up. Glad to hear you had a great time!

Well I'm off to read the boards and then to Church. Have a great day everyone!

Stacey - sorry I messed up the good night again. :( When we got home from parents night at the zoo I went right into watching Big Brother and forgot all about the computer!

Anyone going to church today please pray for me and my sanity! This puppy has not slept not one single wink in two nights. Barked hysterically the entire night. Last night she went out to pee every 30-60 minutes. Messed her crate three times (nothing like cleaning up puppy poo at midnight while suffering sleep depravation) She goes out ALL the time (and goes every time) but yet has accidents in the house.

Today I hauled the crate BACK down to the kitchen and she's in there now. I'll let her out when she calms down. If she never calms down well, at least it's in the kitchen and I can sleep in my bedroom tonight and not hear her as well.

And of course, this is Mike's fishing weekend in Canada. He won't be home until about midnight tonight. When ya really need a hug....

In case it isn't obvious, I don't think I want this puppy anymore. :( I have a very strong willed daughter and her first 10 yrs were never this bad.

Originally posted by justmestace
Maybe I shouldn't have had that nap. I could stay up all night telling stories, and reach 8000 all by myself. The nice part about writing my stories, is that if no one cares or they get bored, I won't ever know it!

Stacey
That's how and why one becomes a Fluff Queen!

Originally posted by WDWLVR
Ask for a topic and you sharll receive one.

Formal & Semi-Formal night. What are you wearing?

Anyone wearing anything that could be classified as a holiday look for either these nights or any other?

I'll be back later with my answers. :D

Large black dress, fuzzy red dress (Mrs. Santa), black/silver lame' pant suit...Cash will be sporting a jingle bell collar or his favorite Rudolph costume....

Originally posted by ohiominnie
Anyone going to church today please pray for me and my sanity! This puppy has not slept not one single wink in two nights. Barked hysterically the entire night. Last night she went out to pee every 30-60 minutes. Messed her crate three times (nothing like cleaning up puppy poo at midnight while suffering sleep depravation) She goes out ALL the time (and goes every time) but yet has accidents in the house.

In case it isn't obvious, I don't think I want this puppy anymore. :( I have a very strong willed daughter and her first 10 yrs were never this bad.

Ahhh, Puppymom, that's why I do older dogs now....I gave up on the little ones when I realized you just cannot reason with a puppy.

Wish I had some ideas for retaining your sanity but I'm blank....so sorry.....

I called the breeder. All of the tips in all of the puppy books weren't helping. I wanted her to say "I'll come pick up the puppy." But instead she said she expected this when you remove a pup from a litter and she said "hang in there."

With as little sleep as I've had I'm afraid I'll be hanging in there....from the garage rafters! Just kidding, No one call suicide prevention. I'm just exhausted, nearly out of puppy food and unwilling to make a drastic switch to our new food with everything else going on. Anyone wanna swing by PetSmart for me? :tongue:

Good Morning All!

It's supposed to get into the 90s here today and stay that way for pretty much the whole week.

Lynda - Does Cash like his costumes or do you think he feels a little silly?

ohiominnie - Not being a dog person I can't help you. My in-laws are dog people and have just recently gotten two Pug puppies (maybe that's why I never go over there)!

Paul

Hi all - Beautiful day here... just got back from the pool..... We sat around and relaxed... nothing like a couple of days off in a row.....

OM - hang in there..... (I won't tell you that Frances said - that's one of the reasons she likes cats better...) I'd tell you to use Mike's iPod, turn the music up load... and vegetate.... but he probably took it with him.....We'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers.....

Wonder how the WDW'ers are doing....hmmm - probably not thinking of us in the least....

Virgil
pirate:

OK looks like we need another topic to discuss so how is this one.

What person, living or dead, would you love to have on this cruise with you?

For me it would have to be my mom. Back when I was much younger and single my mom and I cruised together a number of times. She loved cruising. This was in the old days when a deluxe outside stateroom had one small porthole that you had to stand on a chair to look out. :D

Anyway my mom loved cruising and loved Disney. She also loved sitting on a balcony at the resorts and people watching. I would have loved to experience a Disney cruise with her. She would get such a kick out of having a veranda and spending time out there watching the water go by. Guess that is where I get my love of verandas from. Sadly I lost my mom to lung cancer in October of '97. Well at least lost her physically. She is with me always and I know that in that way she will be with me on this cruise.

So who you would pick and why?

Mary...........it would be my Mom as well I would like on the cruise.

She never did meet the kids. I still miss her very much.

If it was possible, I'd give a million bucks to see her again.

Life goes on, so they say.

Correction Mary........My Mom never did get to meet my DS.
MY DD was 6 months old when she passed away.

I will be thinking of her for sure on the cruise especially at Christmas.

Just got back from our three day Wonder cruise. What an interesting way to start the cruise, having the family interviewed by the local TV stations about the bomb scare. The opened the terminal 90 minutes late, but still had us boarding at 12n. DW made her goal of being the first on the ship.

Meet with Dancind and DD this afternoon at BC. Seems everyone had a good time last night at Rose & Crown. Everyone is looking forward to Adventurers Club tonight. The weather has been bad here in Florida, just like on the cruise, and is probably keeping people out of the parks in the bar.

Tinks Dad, heard about your possible trip in October. Diving the Living Seas sounds good so keep us posted. It may be the excuss we need. Your DD was very interested in our shark dive (excellent). I'll post some pictures. Dancind was not thrilled, but accured us, with the helping of my DW, that the sharks in Living Seas are "Disney Sharks" and would not hurt anyone.

Today I read an article on A2, a shark repellent. It is reported to be very effective, but still has to be tested on some other shark species to be a sure thing.

Scuba - I heard about that - what a way to start a cruise. Well at least we know they have security plans in place.

Hope you all have a great time tonight!

Those down at WDW may just be getting started, but it is bedtime here. :D

Sweet Dreams Cruisers!

OM - here's hoping you have a great night sleep and so does the puppy!

:flower1: Good Morning Cruisers! :flower1:

Wow - looks like I'm talking to myself but the posts are hours apart :D

We need gaRry and Stacey back and posting if we are going to get to gaRry's 10,000.

Hope everyone has a great day!

That's OK Mary - we've all been talking to ourselves at one point or another on here.....

Yep..... We definitely need the WDW DISers back.... of course.... lot's of stories about the trip that we couldn't go on....:tongue: :earseek: :teeth:

Hope that everybody has a great Monday - beautiful day here in WV.... Another day off - so better get busy with the to do list......

Virgil
pirate:

Morning all! Minnie, hope the puppy slept (or at least the distance from the bedroom let you sleep:) ). Scuba and AFFF, welcome back from your trips. That bomb threat must have made things interesting! AFFF, I haven't been to Cedar Point in probably close to 20 years. My college roommate was from about an hour away from the park. We used to stay with her folks and go ride coasters. In fact, Cedar Point was the place I heard about fried cheese. Of course, now it's called cheese sticks and you can get them anywhere, but I remember at the time, I just couldn't understand how you could fry cheese!

DS finally slept through the night last night for the first time since his ear started hurting. Woo Hoo! He's finally getting better! DD had a blast at camp. She hasn't stopped talking about all the fun things they did. She must have lived in her bathing suits, because she came home with quite a bit of clean clothes. She even wore her suit home, with a pair of pajama bottoms on top. I made her change before I let her go into public. Oh well, having great memories of camp was the most important thing.

Happy Monday everyone!

Originally posted by tkd lisa
Minnie, hope the puppy slept (or at least the distance from the bedroom let you sleep:) ).

Not sure if the puppy slept. But *I* did! She went out around 11:15 and we crated her. Went upstairs and I crashed. Set my alarm for 2:30 to let her out (breeder had said she could go 3-4 hours) I ended up waking up at 3:10!! Took her out, cleaned up her crate pee (which breeder says isn't a deliberate attempt to mess her crate, but rather stress induced and it's OK) Then dh woke up around 5, took her out, and I got her out for the day around 7:30. Right now she's having her 5 minute crate time...and barking, but pausing to see if someone is coming. It'll work out...now that I'm more rested and rational, I can see that. :) I just do NOT function well on very little sleep.

Thanks all for the encouragement!

Happy Monday Morning Cruisers!

Can't wait to hear Stacey's stories from her latest escapade. I have to say, it is nice that it only took me 20 minutes to catch up from the weekend instead of 2 hours!!! Anyway, busy week. I think I am going to take some time off from work (a day or two), since DD has a million things going on this week and it is winding down for school!

Okay, back to work. I am getting so excited to get on the ship, I just wish it was sooner than later. I need a vacation!

Linda

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter