20050514..May 14, 2005...Official Check in Disney's 1st 14 Day thru Panama Canal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everybody!!!

I'm baacckkkk! Actually I've always been here, just haven't been on the boards for a while. I do have an excuse though... our NEW GRANDSON has been born! Joshua David Hale is adorable, and between him and our granddaughter Ellana, I've ignored pretty much everything else in life. So, now I'll go back a few pages and read up on your activities lately.

Renae

Contratulations Renae......I love looking at babies little feet.....it's amazing how cute 10 little toes are!!!!

Gee....all this talk about babies and grandbabies....and here I am still looking for my Prince Charming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is from the This is True newsletter. They print stories about strange stuff, but usually have an "honorary unsubscribe". Kind of a "noteworthy person who passed on this week". They are ALWAYS interesting people, but I thought I'd pass today's on to you all!

THIS WEEK'S HONORARY UNSUBSCRIBE goes to Ralph Kent. An artist, Kent
spent most of his professional career -- nearly 40 years -- with
Disney. And during most of that time, it was his job to be "protective"
of the image of iconic Disney characters, and none more so than Mickey
Mouse. "He wouldn't let out certain merchandise, things Mickey
shouldn't be on," said his wife, Linda. "Mickey was the standard bearer
of Disney; Mickey was the one that made Disney. He had to be kind of
kept that way." So much so that around the company, Kent became known as "The Keeper of the Mouse." He trained other artists on how to draw the famous rodent and the rest of the company's "Fab Five" -- Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck, Goofy and Pluto -- so that they always looked the same, and decided which products Mickey would be licensed for. When Kent first asked Walt Disney for a job, Disney said no: he had no jobs for 8-year-olds. So Kent kept studying art, and eventually was hired at the company, and one of the first things he designed was the Mickey
Mouse wristwatch. He later moved east to Disney World in Florida, where he became director of Walt Disney Imagineering East. He died at his
home in Florida on September 10 from esophageal cancer. He was 68.
-- Honorary Unsubscribe archive: http://www.HonoraryUnsubscribe.com

Just got the inside scoop that the Medal for the 13K is going to be really KEWL!!!!

See some of ya there.

I have an arrival on 10/31 but I do the AC and not MNSSHP. I would only do that on Mondays now

I'm going to do the Universal horror night instead, on 11/2.

If anyone's walking around Epcot we'll probably run into each other.

I considered taking our son to the thing at Universal- but decided it was WAY TOO scary for him!

I know DEMA starts on 10/31, you'll have to tell us HOW kewl it was.

Scott, Lynn, and Georgie
We would love to meet for dinner on either the 27th, 28th, or 29th...etc. What ever works out best for you and Georgie. Just let me know when and where and I'll work on getting us an ADR!

During Food and wine the best dinner is a walk around World Showcase, grazing at the various kiosks.

Finally had a mini table 12 reunion last night with Georgie and Joe at Cheeseburger in Paradise.

DSC01124.jpg

Bob, we thought of you the whole time!!!

The food and drinks were great, but the best part of the night was the company! Hope we can do it many more times before we sail next year!

tattoo.jpg

My new body art on my right scapula.

Harley.jpg

Our new family member, Harley. We are thinking about having him declared as a "handicap" pig and say that I need him for anxiety....then he can come on the boat. :rolleyes1

Celeste both are KEWL!!!!

Epcot dive might be tough at this late date. Will think abotu it, got lots going on then.

Scott, Lynn, and Georgie
We would love to meet for dinner on either the 27th, 28th, or 29th...etc. What ever works out best for you and Georgie. Just let me know when and where and I'll work on getting us an ADR!

We'll be getting in late on the 26th, and doing the MNSSHP. We can plan on walking around the Food + Wine too, if that's good with everyone.

Did anyone get a confirmation letter yet for the event? I forget when the walk starts!:lmao:

What was the press release???:confused3

DVC at the Grand Californian at DL. Already started in construction. We had a great view of the whole project from our room at Paradise Pier during the Labor Day weekend!

By the way.....hi everyone! I've been finishing my PC scrapbook, believe it or not........................

DVC at the Grand Californian at DL. Already started in construction. We had a great view of the whole project from our room at Paradise Pier during the Labor Day weekend!

By the way.....hi everyone! I've been finishing my PC scrapbook, believe it or not........................

Hi Linda :wave2:

I've told myself that when we get back from WDW next month I can't start any other scrapbook until I finish my Panama & Disneyland Scrapbooks....I left off at May 19.....and the Great Chair Raid Pictures!!!!!! My goal is to have my PC and DL scrapboooks finished before we head back to WDW for Christmas....shhhhh..:ssst:.....it's a surprise...Mom doesn't know yet!!!!!!

Thanks to everyone that was involved with the Virtual Wedding shower for Lee this evening.
Cheryl (webray) for being the instigator and organizer
Tracy (winotracy) for being there and setting up the Skype
Elaine (mickey&joshnut), Georgie (bonzie1) Janis (janis) Jenn & Peter (Hygiene99) for joining in.
Thank you for such nice gifts.
Also thanks to Leslie (DPD) and Lynn (ScottH) for their lovely gifts.

It was a wonderful and magical way to start the evening.

:worship: Thank you very much.:worship:

yep, I know.
the link is still there, but for some reason it is not showing up.
18 days to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter