2013 Hilton Head lovers thread

Checking out tomorrow... :(
But hey, had a great day today! Spent the morning at Coligney Beach, walked around Coligny Plaza, cooled off back at the Resort pool, then an evening stroll through Shelter Cove at sunset, listening to the awesome musicians perform!

Oh... And to top it all off, I met the resort's adorable mascot, Shadow today! Such a pretty, sweet girl!

Heading out today for tomorrow's check in (1 week in a 1 bedroom!). We are spending the night on the road and will be arriving around noon. Planning to check out the pool and/or beach house while we wait for our room to open up. So looking forward to a relaxing week at HHI!! Thanks for all the tips I have learned on this thread.

We still have a close to 10 weeks to go. This will be our 3rd time there. We meet up with my mom and cousins. We are coming in the night before and staying close by and then start fresh the next day. We like skull creek boat house , the pizza place, and we tried the Mexican place as well. This time we are going to try and make it to savanah. I highly recommend the kayak tour too.

Hi, Cruznlexi! We just got home. We ended up getting my hubby his much-awaited Mahi Mahi sandwich on our last day... We'd gone to Harbourtown but none of the restaurants there had what he was looking for; so we were trying to find our way back out of Sea Pines to the main road and made a happy mistake... We took a wrong turn and ended up at the South Beach Harbourtown (which I never knew was there!) - home of The Salty Dog, which is, I see from all the magazines, an iconic Hilton Head must-do! Not only did he get his fish sandwich, but we enjoyed a beautiful view of the water! It was a perfect way to end our trip!

Oh, FYI... Right there across the little river (in front of the Disney Resort is Shelter Cove, which is full of cute little shops and galleries, as well as a couple great restaurants! One is a Mexican (which we didn't get to try because I was ill and unable to eat all week); but another Italian restaurant, La Fontana, was amazing! And reasonable! We had the Marghuerita Pizza (recommended by our waiter) and it lived up to his praises... DELICIOUS! And if you time dinner right - and ask for an outside table near the water - you'll be treated to a breathtaking view of the sunset!

Shelter Cove turns from beautiful during the day to enchanting at night, when the twinkling lights come on and the music starts! There are two locations that have musicians performing live music. If you have kids, you've got to grab a seat in the outdoor amphitheater (next to La Fontana)... That musician does an interactive show with the kids that your kids (and you) will love!

We are going to be at Hilton Head for a week this summer in a Grand Villa. We were there two years ago in Grand Villa, and we are VERY curious if anyone has stayed in a Grand Villa that has been remodeled?

Has anyone seen photos of the remodeled Grand Villas?

I hope so, we are FAR too curious to wait till check in to see the new rooms!

HAHA :lmao:

What a beautiful family! Have lots of fun today (I'm sure you will). My plans have changed drastically. I woke at 5am feeling very sick (not contagious - it's intestinal problems). So I've been in bed all day - weak and sore and waiting to hear from my doctor. If you don't mind, pls say a quick prayer for me. Have a wonderful time! Oh, and we are in the main bldg with a beautiful view overlooking the marshes on the first floor.

Oh! I am so sorry! At least you were able to get back out by the end of the trip. I hope you were able to enjoy the view! We just got home this evening. We had a great week and the kids were all sad to say good-bye. I had to explain to my 5yo that if we use all our points at HHI all the time, we will never get down to WDW!!

Hi, Simba's Mom! NO... I am SOOO jealous! I asked to meet her so the concierge brought her from the back, but kept her behind the desk and just let me look at her! :(

Lucky you guys! (I love dogs)

Still there? Visit the places I mentioned in my previous post - they're cool! Oh, at Harbourtown Town, you can actually go up in the lighthouse! Although there is a fee ($3.75 pp)... And there is a $6 fee per car to enter Sea Pines Plantation (which is where Harbourtown and South Beach - where The Salty Dog restaurant is). There is also a beach at South Beach, I think, and I saw on one of these posts that there are a lot of conch shells on South Beach. Have fun!

Hi, Ellester! We got home last night, and yes - I was able to get back out. Wednesday Ming we went to Disney's Beach House; but I got sick again that afternoon... But we did get back out that night to Coligney Plaza. Then Thurs Ming we went to Coligny Beach, shopped a bit at Coligny Plaza, then came back to the Disney main pool. Fri we had a good full day, which I posted about earlier. So glad your kids had fun! I looked for you but didn't find you. Did you guys catch any of those great evening concerts at Shelter Cove? One musician does a fabulous interactive show with the kids! And how did you do at the outlets? I scored a cute sun dress at Tommy Bahama and a sequin navy top (for a future cruise) at White House Black Market.

Shadow is out on Saturdays in the afternoon at the Lodge at the check in desk (by her house). At other times is hit and miss when you can see her at the resort.

When we were there she had an official "Meet and Greet" time, listed as an activity, with B'leu, who brought her in, told stories about how Shadow came to be the mascot(;)) and then "helped" her sign post cards. I always noticed that it was by far the most well-attended activity any week we're there.

I thought I remembered reading that before the room remodels there were some changes/improvements around the resort.
Am I remembering that correctly? Were there changes at the main pool area? Any pictures?

Hi, Proudmommyof2! Yes, I understand that most of the rooms have been redone; but this was our first time in a "condo-style" villa, so I don't know what they were like before. Personally, I hated the couches in the living room... SOOO UNCOMFORTABLE!!! I don't know WHAT the designers were thinking! But the look of the room was very much in theme with the overall look of the resort, and very attractive. There is some great news on the topic of furniture, though... The bed was ABSOLUTELY HEAVENLY!!! The mattress seemed to be a pillow top that also had memory foam; and the pillows were the softest, fluffier I've ever experienced! I had the misfortune of spending all day and night Tuesday, as well as Wednesday afternoon, very sick - in bed. But I was at least in luxurious comfort in that bed!!!

So far as the rest of the resort and the pool area, I really didn't notice any changes. But I think it's simply beautiful and charming the way it is.

Oh, Proudmommyof2, I don't know how to attach photos on this board (do you?), but if you want to friend request me on Facebook with a message that you're from the Disboards, I'll send you some pics I took of the resort!

I thought I remembered reading that before the room remodels there were some changes/improvements around the resort.
Am I remembering that correctly? Were there changes at the main pool area? Any pictures?

Around the pool they moved the entrance gate so you can use the ramp to Tide Me Over without going through the pool. They also renovated the recreation window area.

Aaarcher66, I'm not positive but I believe there is a drink refilling station there. If you haven't arrived yet, you could look up the resorts phone number in yellowpages.com and ask. If you're already there, just phone the front desk and ask. Have a great time!

Aaarcher66, I'm not positive but I believe there is a drink refilling station there. If you haven't arrived yet, you could look up the resorts phone number in yellowpages.com and ask. If you're already there, just phone the front desk and ask. Have a great time!

Thanks. We will be there next Sunday! Nothing critical, but thought it would be nice to have that option instead of packing a cooler!

Hi, Aaarcher86! You arrive next week? You're lucky... Shelter Cove will be starting fireworks shows next week, I think! Not sure if they're every night but I think I heard or read something about Tuesday nights. Read my earlier post where I named a couple of the restaurants in Shelter Cove, and the nightly concerts (one show is an interactive one for the kids where they get to participate)! And they've also just started daytime "pirate cruises", geared toward the kids, and led by the same musician who does the interactive show for the kids... He is just awesome! Have a blast!

O.K. not to sound ..............harsh............. but ...........

Does anyone else, not really care about "the famous dog" ??? LOL. :rolleyes1
Last time we are at HH, I never saw Shadow come out, and really could care less. All I hear about is the missing pawprints since the remodel.
We LOVE, HHI , but the fact that they have a dog on the payroll doesn't do anything for us . :scared1:
I know, I am treading on thin ice here ..........but come on ..............its just a DOG. :rotfl2:

They do have a cool Duck that hangs out by the kayak ramp, but you never hear about him !

Anybody with me ?

And Yes, we have a dog, although I am certain he is not a cool as Shadow !

Carry on ............

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter