2013 Hilton Head lovers thread

O.K. not to sound ..............harsh............. but ...........

Does anyone else, not really care about "the famous dog" ??? LOL. :rolleyes1
Last time we are at HH, I never saw Shadow come out, and really could care less. All I hear about is the missing pawprints since the remodel.
We LOVE, HHI , but the fact that they have a dog on the payroll doesn't do anything for us . :scared1:
I know, I am treading on thin ice here ..........but come on ..............its just a DOG. :rotfl2:

They do have a cool Duck that hangs out by the kayak ramp, but you never hear about him !

Anybody with me ?

And Yes, we have a dog, although I am certain he is not a cool as Shadow !

Carry on ............

Not me, of course, but DH would be so glad to have another "non-believer". Shadow's kinda like Santa Claus, IMO-either you believe in the magic or you don't. After all, Santa's just some big fat guy in a red and white suit.

Visiting HHI for the first time next week (June 10th-17th). Have two boys from San Diego who are used to swimming 2-3 times/week at the pool or beach, age 9 and 11. The kids didn't find any amazing videos about HHI on youtube...they're worried they'll spend all their time staring at the marsh..

In any case, I have planned deep sea fishing excursion, kayaking, crab hunting, island boat/nature tour, horseback riding, tubing, beach shell combing, and visits to the lighthouse and discovery museum...I'm also thinking about golf lessons. And, I'm sure there are lots of resort kids activities... Just wondering what else would be good memorable experiences specific to HHI at their ages?

Also, it doesn't seem that HHI posts their weekly activity schedule anywhere online....at least that I can find. There are some older schedules other have scanned in but nothing recent/official?

Hi, Deploylinux! Don't worry, your kids will LOOOVE HHI! Be sure and schedule a dolphin watching excursion! Also, Shelter Cove and Marina is located right in front of the Disney Resort, and it's home to all kinds of cool shops, art galleries and restaurants... We are at the Italian one, La Fontana... We had the Marghuerita Pizza (recommended by our waiter) and it did not disappoint! Ask to sit outside where you'll have a gorgeous view of the sunset, if you time dinner right!

When the sun goes down, the lights of Shelter Cove and it's restaurants come on, making it even more beautiful! I have pics to share of this but don't know how to attach them to this post, since there's no attachment tool (AAARGH!). But if you want to FB friend request me (Susan Anglen) along with a message saying you're from the Dis Discussion Forum, I'll send the pics to you.

Also in Shelter Cove, each night there are live concerts by amazing musicians! And one does an interactive show that the kids participate in - he's AAAWSOME! And that same musician hosts a pirate cruise up the river in the mornings that your kids will just go crazy over! Don't miss that!

You can also take a boat excursion up to Savannah, where the boat will dock right at Riverwalk, where you can explore the shops and restaurants... A great way to see Savannah when you're from out of town (because although the city is beautiful, it has some very bad neighborhoods... So if you make a wrong turn driving there, you can end up in some very dicey areas)! If you see savannah at night, you could go on a Ghost-hunting tour... Boys would LOOOVE that! Savannah also has some really amazing pirate cruises, and even a restaurant or two with actors portraying pirates!

You can also book tennis lessons at Palmetto Dunes, which is right across the main road from the entrance to the Disney Resort.

Well, have fun on your trip!

Hi, Deploylinux! Don't worry, your kids will LOOOVE HHI! Be sure and schedule a dolphin watching excursion! Also, Shelter Cove and Marina is located right in front of the Disney Resort, and it's home to all kinds of cool shops, art galleries and restaurants... We are at the Italian one, La Fontana... We had the Marghuerita Pizza (recommended by our waiter) and it did not disappoint! Ask to sit outside where you'll have a gorgeous view of the sunset, if you time dinner right!

When the sun goes down, the lights of Shelter Cove and it's restaurants come on, making it even more beautiful! I have pics to share of this but don't know how to attach them to this post, since there's no attachment tool (AAARGH!). But if you want to FB friend request me (Susan Anglen) along with a message saying you're from the Dis Discussion Forum, I'll send the pics to you.

Also in Shelter Cove, each night there are live concerts by amazing musicians! And one does an interactive show that the kids participate in - he's AAAWSOME! And that same musician hosts a pirate cruise up the river in the mornings that your kids will just go crazy over! Don't miss that!

You can also take a boat excursion up to Savannah, where the boat will dock right at Riverwalk, where you can explore the shops and restaurants... A great way to see Savannah when you're from out of town (because although the city is beautiful, it has some very bad neighborhoods... So if you make a wrong turn driving there, you can end up in some very dicey areas)! If you see savannah at night, you could go on a Ghost-hunting tour... Boys would LOOOVE that! Savannah also has some really amazing pirate cruises, and even a restaurant or two with actors portraying pirates!

You can also book tennis lessons at Palmetto Dunes, which is right across the main road from the entrance to the Disney Resort.

Well, have fun on your trip!

May I ask what company provides the boat excursion up to Savannah?

Hi, Sassysocks! I found one company listed online, Savannah Riverboat Cruises... Their phone # is 800-786-6404. The listing didn't say where they leave out of or price though, so you'll have to call to get the details.

Here is a link to a site that talks about all kinds of different cruises you can take in To or in Savannah, including one where you have dinner at Paula Dean's restaurant:

http://www.hiltonheadvacation.com/hilton-head-activities

And starting July 4, Shelter Cove - right in front of the Disney Resort - has tues night cruises where you view the fireworks from the water! Hope all this helps!

Oops... My reply should have said, "hi, scminnie! How do you attach photos to these posts?" (Not SINNIE - stupid predictive text!!!)

Oops... My reply should have said, "hi, scminnie! How do you attach photos to these posts?" (Not SINNIE - stupid predictive text!!!)

LOL. You have to host your photos online somehere like photo bucket etc. Check out the technology board. They can help there.

Visiting HHI for the first time next week (June 10th-17th). Have two boys from San Diego who are used to swimming 2-3 times/week at the pool or beach, age 9 and 11. The kids didn't find any amazing videos about HHI on youtube...they're worried they'll spend all their time staring at the marsh.. In any case, I have planned deep sea fishing excursion, kayaking, crab hunting, island boat/nature tour, horseback riding, tubing, beach shell combing, and visits to the lighthouse and discovery museum...I'm also thinking about golf lessons. And, I'm sure there are lots of resort kids activities... Just wondering what else would be good memorable experiences specific to HHI at their ages? Also, it doesn't seem that HHI posts their weekly activity schedule anywhere online....at least that I can find. There are some older schedules other have scanned in but nothing recent/official?

Which company are you using for tubing? We will be there 6/29-7/5 and my boys would love to go tubing!

Greetings from Temecula neighbor! We will be there the same week, I would keep an eye out for you, but with all of those excursions, I doubt you will be around the resort much. :)

Which company are you using for tubing? We will be there 6/29-7/5 and my boys would love to go tubing!

We've signed up for the '5HR Ultimate Low Country Tour' offered by outside hilton head - https://reservations.outsidehiltonhead.com/Info.aspx?EventID=9

Their description: "Designed for the family or small group interested in experiencing an authentic day in coastal Carolina. We will give you a menu of options that can include extensive backwater boating, kayaking, fishing, beachcombing, crabbing, shrimping, games, Daufuskie Island, Savannah, skiing and tubing. One of our reservationists will work with you to design a custom day..."

We also have an excursion with HHI Deep Sea Fishing setup for the following day.

"Savannah"

"because although the city is beautiful, it has some very bad neighborhoods... So if you make a wrong turn driving there, you can end up in some very dicey areas"

You better believe it. If you have questions, drop me a note. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter