2016 Free Dining Watch

When are you trying to travel?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Normally you can only book at the 180 day mark. Without a room reservation you have to go in everyday to make a reservation for the day 180 days in the future. With a room reservation on the 180 day out mark you can make a reservation for up to the next 10 days all at once.

Thank you!

Still waiting.I am so excited! We are going in December! I am hoping for some kind of code. Although I love free dining, I am hoping for something very soon. Am I the only one that is checking this board every hour,just in case? :)
I was on this site all day at work. A full nine hours, now i'm at starbucks and I'm supposed to be editing my next story but, but nope, im on here.

Normally you can only book at the 180 day mark. Without a room reservation you have to go in everyday to make a reservation for the day 180 days in the future. With a room reservation on the 180 day out mark you can make a reservation for up to the next 10 days all at once.

so the smart thing to do if you have the plus 10 is to take the hardest to get reservation and first try to book it on one of the later days of your trip..like if you want cindy's table BOG, Le Cellier, Ohanas, hoop de Doo Revue, etc. cause many people who have the same 180 day mark as you DON'T have the plus 10! good luck gettingwhat you want everyone!

We went to MNSSHP last year late Sept. It rained hard on and off for the first couple of hours and then light rain on and off the rest of the night. It was kinda miserable at first, because of the rain everyone ran to the ride they wanted, so the lines were longer than you would expect for a ticketed event. After the rain stopped all the lines got super short. Most people weren't wearing costumes or it was under rain gear.
The special character lines were way too long for us to get into with our 4 year old, so we skipped them. So we mostly rode rides, which after like 9pm were pretty short everywhere. Except 7DMT, that was still fairly long and broke down right before we were going to get on so they gave us a fast pass for anytime in the next couple of days.
We didn't do the trick or treating, but the parade, the sanderson sisters show and fireworks were AMAZING. We also didn't get to ride the haunted mansion that night, we ran out of time. Our 4 year old was completely passed out in the stroller while we watched the last show at midnight.
All in all, I think we would do it again, but not until our child is older. Also the rain kinda took the fun out of it, ruining the whole costumes part. We are planning on skipping it this year.

We went to MNSSHP last year late Sept. It rained hard on and off for the first couple of hours and then light rain on and off the rest of the night. It was kinda miserable at first, because of the rain everyone ran to the ride they wanted, so the lines were longer than you would expect for a ticketed event. After the rain stopped all the lines got super short. Most people weren't wearing costumes or it was under rain gear.
The special character lines were way too long for us to get into with our 4 year old, so we skipped them. So we mostly rode rides, which after like 9pm were pretty short everywhere. Except 7DMT, that was still fairly long and broke down right before we were going to get on so they gave us a fast pass for anytime in the next couple of days.
We didn't do the trick or treating, but the parade, the sanderson sisters show and fireworks were AMAZING. We also didn't get to ride the haunted mansion that night, we ran out of time. Our 4 year old was completely passed out in the stroller while we watched the last show at midnight.
All in all, I think we would do it again, but not until our child is older. Also the rain kinda took the fun out of it, ruining the whole costumes part. We are planning on skipping it this year.

Oh and we got stuck on Buzz's ranger spin for like 10-15 min. I was able to max out my gun fairly quickly so if got a little boring waiting... LOL.

I purchased directly throuhh disney since.i was getting the military room discount. I did the math and it would be more beneficial to get the free dining over room discount if they will allow me to exchange my tickets

If you qualify for the military room discount, is there a reason you bought tickets from Disney instead of the military tickets? Just wondering because I'm using military discounts myself.

So what does everyone think the best week in Sept is? How do you think crowds will be Sept 17-24?

We were there the 3rd week in Sept 2014 & we swore we'd never do it again due to the crazy and abnormally rude crowds. But... here I am, considering it again! :)

I'm planning to go Sept 17-24 based on the low low low crowd predictions and the fact that F&W will already be a couple days old by then. I plan to be in the park Sept 19-22. I'm surprised you think the crowds were so crazy in Sept 2014. I was there at the same time and felt like crowds were very low. Or did you mean crazy like "these people are nuts!" Because I can see that being true :rotfl:

For those who are going anyway--WHY?? are you following this board????

I want Free Dining and I will not Book ahead of time expecting to add it on later, For those who do book ahead, there is NO guarantee that you will get any discounts if you book early.
It will only lesson the chance for Disney to have rooms or resorts available because they are all booked up and there is no need to offer them.

I was going to ignore this because other people have already answered, but it seemed like the prior respondents were all planning to try for FD. So here's why someone who isn't trying for FD is following this board:
1) when I started following I hadn't decided yet whether FD was a good deal for me (it isn't)
2) it's an insanely popular thread right now and I was interested
3) I'm excited for everybody else and want to see what happens
4) there have been lots of side conversations that I was able to contribute to (see my last post)
5) there's certainly no rule that you can't follow a thread you aren't personally invested in. I'm debt free but that doesn't mean I don't like watching people pay down their own debt in the Debt Dumpers thread. I can be excited for other people's happiness (see #3)
6) I do what I want

The modify button wasn't there for me either last year, but I just made a new reservation and cancelled the original one. It wasn't a problem other than the site being slow.

Can you have a new reservation and the old at the same time? Same dates, people etc? We booked before the price increases and I don't want to loose it until the new one would be made. Make sense?

We went to MNSSHP for the first time last year. We loved it! So festive, so much fun. Also, my adult children, my husband, and me wanted to trick or treat. That was really fun for us! It just didn't last long enough.

4:30???? What the heck?????? For a party??? Did they extend party hours or are they ending that earlier too.....

Closing at 4:30 is nutz.....
This is very unwelcome news.

Chatter over on the Theme Parks board is this is either the CM Party or a private event for an Association that's in town that week. Historically, both groups have taken over a park in the evening during this time frame, but the CM Party has always been at HS. Theory is there's just too much construction over there, so they may be moving it to MK.

Chatter over on the Theme Parks board is this is either the CM Party or a private event for an Association that's in town that week. Historically, both groups have taken over a park in the evening during this time frame, but the CM Party has always been at HS. Theory is there's just too much construction over there, so they may be moving it to MK.
Yes, last year HS closed at 4:30 one night right before we got there, so it was that same week in November.

If you qualify for the military room discount, is there a reason you bought tickets from Disney instead of the military tickets? Just wondering because I'm using military discounts myself.

I'm planning to go Sept 17-24 based on the low low low crowd predictions and the fact that F&W will already be a couple days old by then. I plan to be in the park Sept 19-22. I'm surprised you think the crowds were so crazy in Sept 2014. I was there at the same time and felt like crowds were very low. Or did you mean crazy like "these people are nuts!" Because I can see that being true :rotfl:

It was crowded that same week last year, more crowded than I have ever seen it in Sept. Over the past 12 years, we have gone to wdw 8 years in that week or the week before in September and last year was like double or more the amount I had seen in years before. The Tuesday MNSSHP was sold out and there was lines for everything. I think the days of low crowds in mid to late Sept are over, sadly.

It was crowded that same week last year, more crowded than I have ever seen it in Sept. Over the past 12 years, we have gone to wdw 8 years in that week or the week before in September and last year was like double or more the amount I had seen in years before. The Tuesday MNSSHP was sold out and there was lines for everything. I think the days of low crowds in mid to late Sept are over, sadly.
could that mean the end of free dining for September?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter