• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2017-18 NHL Playoffs—all welcome

I saw whole bunch of hurt last night. There were a couple of blindside hits that knocked off helmets. I wasn't aware that headhunting was legal in the NHL. Kane with a split lip. Labanc was sent to the locker room before coming back. Does the NHL review plays for punishment even if they weren't called on the ice? This one was actually called:

https://twitter.com/BrodieNBCS/status/985384466041389056

I thought this was pretty hilarious:

DazLhW6UQAAIaUu.jpg

First of all, that hit was not to the head even though the helmet went flying. Perry did not launch nor throw a high elbow or anything. It wasn't head hunting.
Secondly it was correctly called for interference, not for any cheap shot or anything.
Thirdly. The picture would have been hilarious if Disney actually still had anything to do with the Ducks. They haven't for 13 years now.

First of all, that hit was not to the head even though the helmet went flying. Perry did not launch nor throw a high elbow or anything. It wasn't head hunting.
Secondly it was correctly called for interference, not for any cheap shot or anything.
Thirdly. The picture would have been hilarious if Disney actually still had anything to do with the Ducks. They haven't for 13 years now.

There was headhunting all night though. However, that was the only hit that was called for a penalty. Kane had a bloody lip after getting an elbow in the face from Lindholm, along with the hit to the back of Labanc's head by Beauchemin. Even an OC Register columnist called it:

https://www.ocregister.com/2018/04/14/whicker-down-2-0-can-the-ducks-conjure-up-another-comeback/
Francois Beauchemin wiped out Kevin Labanc near the San Jose bench, and then Nick Ritchie came from behind and dumped Dylan DeMelo practically in Labanc’s lap.

That followed a high hit from Hampus Lindholm on Evander Kane, sending Kane to the bench in search of a blood-soaking towel.​

The context of the image wasn't necessarily that Disney still owns the team, but that they were in Anaheim. I've tried looking up how to embed a tweet, but the standard XenForo methods don't seem to work. I can try to re-create it. This was the caption:

https://twitter.com/NBCSSharks/status/985386199819796481
Anaheim really is the happiest place on earth
1f988.png

DazLhW6UQAAIaUu.jpg

2 games vs Leafs in the books and 2 wins for the Bruins. And though it cannot be overlooked that the youngster David Pastrnak had a record setting 6pt night (sorry Mr. Gretzky), there has been a lot of step up moments from the whole roster. There are 12 skaters with points, including 4 D-men. And those that don't make the scorer's sheet are still making contributions. Whether standing up Toronto's rush or giving up the body to take a block. And some might point that Tuukka has faced 60 shots in the 2 games, how many of them were quality shots or were the product of juicy rebounds?

Though, I have enjoyed these 2 game thoroughly (minus a certain boarding penalty), we here in Boston know all too well the benefits of home ice advantage. It was best demonstrated in 2011. The difference in styles of games between Vancouver and The Garden were night and day. And it gets LOUD in Toronto's barn. And the Bruins are still a young team. Wouldn't surprise me if it took at least a period for them to get their heads straight.

I am riding high after these 2 wins, but there are no chickens in my coop just yet. Only eggs. And as anyone who has been to Boston's Museum of Science and has seen the eggs/chicks exhibit, it is all about the patience. Patience... Patience... Patience is also key in another sport. Involves a little white ball and lots of grass. And I hear that Bayview and Scarboro both have beautiful courses. I'm sure that JVR and Matthews will enjoy hitting the links there in about a week or so.

Game 3 tomorrow night at 7pm.

Let's Go Bruins!

Welp,

It’s sure not our night tonight. Not to make excuses, but, it looks like our travel adventures may have rattled us a bit.

I predict we leave Minnesota up 3-1 in the series.

How about that Vegas game last night? 2 goals within 20 sec to give them the lead with 5 min left in the game. And gave the EXPANSION Vegas Golden Knights a 3-0 lead over the Kings. I can only imagine how many chess based cartoons have been used to illustrate this series.

Tonight could be the turning point for the Leafs. Their 1st home game this series, it will be LOUD there. And also... If anyone follows Joe Hags, you know how Air Canada 'mysteriously' cancelled his flight from Boston to Toronto, without a re-booking option. Sounds a little fishy to me. With a conspiracy like this, I think the Il-Leaf-inati is behind it. Let's see if somehow tickets bought in the 617, 781, 978, and 508 area codes, somehow get voided. Cue the X-Files music.

Face-off at 7pm tonight; Unless, by some strange coincidence, the Bruins bus should happen to break down. But in all seriousness, I would almost wager money that the fire alarm is pulled at the Bruins' hotel the night before game 4.

Let's Go Bruins!

Not having a team that I necessarily root for (Columbus is the closest to a home town team), it's hard not to root for Vegas this year. :) And not being a big NHL fan, I generally only watch this time of the year - seems that everything's a little faster, hits are harder, etc. It's a fun time to watch. :)

Not having a team that I necessarily root for (Columbus is the closest to a home town team), it's hard not to root for Vegas this year. :) And not being a big NHL fan, I generally only watch this time of the year - seems that everything's a little faster, hits are harder, etc. It's a fun time to watch. :)

C'mon now. Root for Columbus. We're up 2-0 coming back to Columbus. Nationwide is going to be crazy on Tuesday night.

But I agree with you -- it's exciting to see Las Vegas doing so well. (And they're in the Western Conference while we're in the east, so we can root for them till the finals. Plus, Columbus has ties to both William Karlsson and Gerard Gallant and they're still well-liked here. We also have ties to Jeff Carter on the Kings... However, I think most Columbus fans would root *against* any team that Jeff Carter plays for as a matter of principle. So, go Knights!)

C'mon now. Root for Columbus. We're up 2-0 coming back to Columbus. Nationwide is going to be crazy on Tuesday night.

Trust me - I root for the Blue Jackets! We try to make it to a game or two a year, it's just that we're Clevelanders, so it's hard to be much of a die hard when the team is two hours away. ;)

Trust me - I root for the Blue Jackets! We try to make it to a game or two a year, it's just that we're Clevelanders, so it's hard to be much of a die hard when the team is two hours away. ;)

Does Cleveland have an AHL minor league team?

I'm guessing you're too young to remember the short lived Cleveland Barons of the NHL. Formerly the California Golden Seals, they moved to Cleveland (Richfield Coliseum) for two years, 1976-78, then merged with the Minnesota North Stars.

Does Cleveland have an AHL minor league team?

I'm guessing you're too young to remember the short lived Cleveland Barons of the NHL. Formerly the California Golden Seals, they moved to Cleveland (Richfield Coliseum) for two years, 1976-78, then merged with the Minnesota North Stars.

Yes. The Monsters (formerly 'Lake Erie', now 'Cleveland') won the Calder Cup in 2016. :thumbsup2 They were a Colorado Avalanche farm team for a long time, but have now switched over to Columbus.

And I know of the Barons, but it does predate me (or at least, me living in Cleveland). :)

GO KNIGHTS!! first team to go up 3-0 in the playoffs!

Tuesdays game will be "interesting" - there were quite a few dirty hits -most by the kings
refs need to call more- there was a lot of blatant cross-checking that wasn't called

I just saw a pic of the rally towels lining Toronto's seats. I'm surprised that whoever was in charge thought that waving white flags was a good idea.

I just saw a pic of the rally towels lining Toronto's seats. I'm surprised that whoever was in charge thought that waving white flags was a good idea.

Person in charge has to be French. Only way that makes any sense.

Winnipeg had white towels too. Of course, it makes sense for us because we invented the Whiteout.

Can’t wait for the game tomorrow. I stand by my prediction that we will leave Minneapolis up 3-1.

Ok, you guys, as weird as this is..the Kardashians have just proven they are Jets fans!

How?

Kim has a daughter named North, and Khloe just revealed her daughters name to be True.

#TRUENORTH

I’ll show myself out

:duck:

Sharks won 8-1 tp go up 3-0 in the series, but the last 10 minutes were unfortunate. I wonder what Getzlaf said to the officials to get himself tossed.

Getzlaf is their captain. What a leader!

Sharks have out-played the Ducks in all 3 games when it counted. Hoping for a sweep Wed night! The Shark Tank was rockin’!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter