2nd week of June cancel watch thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
got the "impacted" e-mail, room only res June 12-17 at fort wilderness cabins.

what are people's experiences with Disney keeping rates? our June trip had the fun/sun discount..if we move our trip to September is looks like we'll miss that discount unless Disney honors the previous price. Anyone have any experience with this?

got the "impacted" e-mail, room only res June 12-17 at fort wilderness cabins.

what are people's experiences with Disney keeping rates? our June trip had the fun/sun discount..if we move our trip to September is looks like we'll miss that discount unless Disney honors the previous price. Anyone have any experience with this?
They have not been extending offers to new reservations.

Weird. Cool, but weird.
It is weird. I've been cancelled on in March and May so I know I should receive an email. I did get emails about my ADRs earlier. And my FP are gone, but resort is still sitting there, modifiable and no email about it. CM I spoke with today said it was indeed odd, he asked his supervisor and came back and said just hold onto it as the emails should have gone out to those affected. I can only assume the email is coming, only makes sense, but this is another case of Disney IT error I'm sure.

Yesterday I received an email cancelling our ADR on 6/13. We have a DVC reservation at SSR with points, which has not been cancelled yet. Logged on and our fastpasses for the 6/13 are also gone, but 14th and beyond are still there. Also our ADR for 6/16 is still there.

Still no cancellation emails here either. We have 3 rooms (room only) t June 10-16. Also able to update and pick locations for rooms on MDE.

Regular room reservations don't get canceled in MDE right away, either. They give you time to modify or cancel yourself after the email goes out.
Yes that is true, as I've been cancelled on twice before this. However, I still haven't gotten an email for June 10 and I just checked my MDE-it's still staring at me. Looks like there are a few of us who haven't been emailed, which by itself isn't new. What is new is that I received emails for my previous 2 reservations but not this one. 🤔

June 13 arrival at POFQ. Still waiting for a cancellation email. So far only Chef Mickey's has been cancelled via email yesterday and that was scheduled for the 13th. We suspected Chef Mickey would not be operating even when things open. One thing of note is they would need time to provide luggage labels unless that is a new restriction - manage your own luggage.

2nd week of June cancelled. Lost free dining and room discount. Now planning the same trip for the 4th time (October now). I don't mind because planning is a big part of the fun for me , but I kind of feel like I'm in an expensive version of "Groundhog Day".

2nd week of June cancelled. Lost free dining and room discount. Now planning the same trip for the 4th time (October now). I don't mind because planning is a big part of the fun for me , but I kind of feel like I'm in an expensive version of "Groundhog Day".
I literally just got off the phone with Disney transferring money from my cancelled res to my new July res and I said the same thing to the agent. This is my 3rd try at a trip this summer and each time one cancels, the new one has gotten more expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter