8/17/08 Captain Jack's Repossession Repo Cruise to PC thru TPC Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
MR--

I've heard mixed reviews on Hollywood & Vine. Have you considered Momma Melrose's Fantasmic instead?

Lorri how is Joe doing?? Any discomfort this evening from the new railroad tracks?

No - I've got him on advil so we're ahead of the pain. We just went through the 15 minute brushing ritual which he begged me to witness - if everything goes well for the next six months with no breakage or problems due to his not following directions, he gets a WII. Today DH bought him an electric guitar at Wally World for having the herbst device on for 1 year and not breaking it.

Bribery - it works wonders.

All good here, getting ready to shut the laptop down shortly. I have to get back to work in the morning, my six day break is coming to an end. :rolleyes:

YAWN!....

yeah... I gotta step away too Andy... See ya all 'round ...

TTFN...​

Am I too late to post about kids with medical issues?

But I have happy endings...

It breaks my heart every time I read about kids who have medical issues since I have had the opportunity to spend so much time around really ill children. My boys were very lucky; they were able to go back to their regular lives, but there are so many who can't.

We are all very lucky even when we are being driven nuts!

Thanks for sharing your kid's wonderful stories. :goodvibes

Okay making PS for our upcoming WDW trip. Oh, wait, I think they're called reservations now. We are getting the Disney Dining Plan thru DVC. Asking for opinions. Would you change anything?

Sun: Breakfast Crystal Palace...........Dinner Pecos Bills
Mon: Lunch Beaches & Cream.........Dinner Sci-Fi Diner
Tues: Dinner Cape May Buffet
Wed: Dinner Hollywood & Vine Fantasmic Package
Thurs: Dinner Chef Mickey's
Fri: Lunch Yakotori House

All of our five table dinner/breakfasts are spoken for & we still have one quick & casual lunch to plan. These are most of our favorites. But I'm sorry to be missing O'Hanas! DD is a vegetarian and O'Hanas is not a good place to bring a vegetarian!

Any suggestions?

Thanks

MR, you just made me hungry. They sound great. We used the DP for the 1st time in October. I really liked it.

In honor of his 14th Birthday.........here's Johnnnnnnny!!!!!!!!!

IMG_0601.jpg

Well he certainly has his Mom's gross sense of humor!!!

MR----
Just so you know, my sister is also a vegan and when she came we wanted to go to Ohana's and if you ask when you are seated they make a great vegetarian stir fry. My sister enjoyed it. Just an idea.

Hey I'm not on that list........

I love your family pic. You DH looks very dashing in his uniform!:thumbsup2
Thanks! I think I'll keep him.

Okay making PS for our upcoming WDW trip. Oh, wait, I think they're called reservations now. We are getting the Disney Dining Plan thru DVC. Asking for opinions. Would you change anything?

Sun: Breakfast Crystal Palace...........Dinner Pecos Bills
Mon: Lunch Beaches & Cream.........Dinner Sci-Fi Diner
Tues: Dinner Cape May Buffet
Wed: Dinner Hollywood & Vine Fantasmic Package
Thurs: Dinner Chef Mickey's
Fri: Lunch Yakotori House

All of our five table dinner/breakfasts are spoken for & we still have one quick & casual lunch to plan. These are most of our favorites. But I'm sorry to be missing O'Hanas! DD is a vegetarian and O'Hanas is not a good place to bring a vegetarian!

Any suggestions?

Thanks

For what it's worth, I wasn't thrilled with Hollywood & Vine. The food was pretty good, but for a mid-day park break I wasn't thrilled with going to a buffet. It just didn't seem as relaxing as Mama Melrose's. Part of it was that my kids were younger which meant more trips to the buffet, but part of it was the place just being 'busy' with all the people getting up and down all the time.

I love breakfast buffets at WDW, but for some reason it bugged me when I was looking forward to a relaxing hour mid-day.

BTW - we LOVE Mama Melrose.

Continuing in the matching faces to names theme....
Here's our DD Sarah (who was 5 when this was taken last Sept on the Wonder)
sarahdisuy1.jpg

And a not so good pic of mom (Susan) & Dad (me, Andy) from later that evening:

p1000235smalluq6.jpg

Andy

I love those ears!!:thumbsup2 Did you buy them that way or did you tie on the bandana yourself??

XOP is an awful band on the Magic. They were our band during our 8/16/06 cruise. Every song sounded the same. Not really bad, just really boring.

You liked them more than on our sailing. They were actually booed while on stage. Jack

No - I've got him on advil so we're ahead of the pain. We just went through the 15 minute brushing ritual which he begged me to witness - if everything goes well for the next six months with no breakage or problems due to his not following directions, he gets a WII. Today DH bought him an electric guitar at Wally World for having the herbst device on for 1 year and not breaking it.

Bribery - it works wonders.

Wow, he's so lucky! I wish I'd got cool stuff for my braces! I went all those years and never broke anything! And I had an expander for the roof of my mouth, rubber bands galore, the works. LOL

What's a herbst device though? I'm wondering if that is the "official" word for an expander or something?

I guess I need to put this one in my signature. You know how Voldemort is "He Who Must Not Be Named". Well, my wife is known as "She Who Must Be Obeyed".

Isn't "She Who Must Be Obeyed" from a series that was on PBS? I know that phrase from somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter