8/17/08 Captain Jack's Repossession Repo Cruise to PC thru TPC Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
About 40 pages back, there was some mention of Herman's Hermits. Well, I just found out that Peter Noone (Herman) is going to be one of the guest judges on American Idol and they showed his photo. He was very popular when I was about 9 or 10 which means he has to be in his 60's or very close to it. He didn't look a day over 40 in the photo! It's making me feel very UNpreserved!

I'm Henry the 8th I am,
Henry the 8th I am, I am,
I got married to the widow next door,
She's been married 7 times before,
And every one was a Henry (Henry),
She wouldn't have a Willy or a Sam (no Sam)
I'm her 8th old man I Henry,
Henry the 8th I am

Second verse same as the first . . .

Lisa it sure is good that you are keeping track of all of us.......I couldn't tell you how much $$ I have given DS since last week!:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Same here Paula, except that would go for our DD!!! ;)

It seems like my wallet is always opening for our kid!!! :eek:

Is it that time of the week again already?

Pole_Count_Down.gif

We can be misfits together?

Starting smoking way too young? No
Quit smoking? Not applicable
good humor man/Mr. Softee? Our truck came down our street once...A neighbor complained..NEVER came again!
parents knocked me across the room? never did anything to get one
Arrested? Nope

Chrissie

Is there room for a semi-misfit?
I was never abused, but I got my share of spankings(I must admit, I deserved them all:laughing: )

I've never smoked or used drugs. I remember when crack hit my community in the early 80s. I saw many families; mothers, fathers, kids, destroyed by it. It was enough for me stay clear of all drugs.

I give you permission. But you'd better check with your boss. Where is Hazel, anyway??? :lmao:

She is making dinner, speaking of which, it's time to eat, yum! yum!

Tossed salad, baked chicken, baked potatoes and creamed corn. I'll see y'all later. :wave:

Wow I'm watching the Travel Channel about the World's Best Cruise Ships and just picked up this piece of trivia. The word Posh stands for Port Out Starboard Home. A term coined by the Brits when they travelled by ship before A/C. Those accomodations offered a cool breeze and were considered Posh. Isn't that interesting?

Note to self: Get a life.....run, run, run and get yourself a life girl.....

Yawn....

I belive it's a good time to take a nap....

YAWN!!!!

<obvious cackling>

151850794RL060517889.jpg

Tossed salad, baked chicken, baked potatoes and creamed corn. I'll see y'all later. :wave:

If your weather wasn't so nasty, I'd invite myself to dinner. Yum!!

Wow I'm watching the Travel Channel about the World's Best Cruise Ships and just picked up this piece of trivia. The word Posh stands for Port Out Starboard Home. A term coined by the Brits when they travelled by ship before A/C. Those accomodations offered a cool breeze and were considered Posh. Isn't that interesting?

MR
I am watching too!!!

Chrissie

Same here Paula, except that would go for our DD!!! ;)

It seems like my wallet is always opening for our kid!!! :eek:

I think DS spends more $$ than I do.... I think part of it is only child syndrome. I know I would not be able to be as generous if I had more than 1 child.

satan.jpg

And I thought this meant ...

Poop out starboard hatch...

Let's see...the BAD me:

Started smoking in college....couldn't breathe in study group and was dumb enough to believe the "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" line.

Haven't quit yet. No excuse there.

Arrested? Nope....never been caught. :rolleyes1

No dope here....was dopey enough all on my own.

Speeding tickets? The only two I ever got were both in the same day! Kangaroo Court in Kansas

Never knocked across the room by mom or dad, but I did get the choice of a spanking with the belt or the wooden hairbrush!

We called the ice cream man the Ding Ding Man.....for his ringing bell.

I like creamed corn

I guess I had better start cooking something also..................

While touring the old ships in San Francisco, we found out why the bathrooms are called the Head.

There were one or two holes in the bow of the ship that emptied into the sea. Way up in the "head" of the ship, that's where they did their "business". Right out there in the open, in front of god and everyone!
:eek:

I like creamed corn

I guess I had better start cooking something also..................

Creamed corn always reminds me of a dirty trick we used to play in the balcony of the old theaters. Yet another reason I was lucky to never be arrested!

While touring the old ships in San Francisco, we found out why the bathrooms are called the Head.

There were one or two holes in the bow of the ship that emptied into the sea. Way up in the "head" of the ship, that's where they did their "business". Right out there in the open, in front of god and everyone!
:eek:

EWWW.

Is that what the ears of the Mickey Head are for on DCL? Oh, I mean the ones on the bow of the ship...not the Mickey pool.

Count me in as a misfit. Started smoking when I was 15. Quit when I got pregnant at age 18. Stayed quit for 13 years then I started again. Smoke for a couple of years and quit again. That was over 17 years ago and still don't smoke.

I abused alcohol and drugs in my youth to the point that I consider myself to be recovering. I have almost 18 years clean and sober. I think I meet the membership requirerments for all the 12 step groups except SA and GA.

I have never been arrested but that's only because I was real luckly.

Most of my abuse was verbal. Dad only beat me twice. I remember my class mates telling me I should put on make up to cover the bruising and I refused saying why should I cover up for my dad. I really tried to fix my family but it didn't get any better until I left home. It has taken alot of work to get past it and it will always color who I am. Not always a bad thing. Someone said earlier that I am who I am because of my past and I don't want to be anyone else. OK maybe just a little less reactive to life would be nice. Lois

Let's see...the BAD me:

Started smoking in college....couldn't breathe in study group and was dumb enough to believe the "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" line.

Haven't quit yet. No excuse there.

Arrested? Nope....never been caught. :rolleyes1

No dope here....was dopey enough all on my own.

Speeding tickets? The only two I ever got were both in the same day! Kangaroo Court in Kansas

Never knocked across the room by mom or dad, but I did get the choice of a spanking with the belt or the wooden hairbrush!

We called the ice cream man the Ding Ding Man.....for his ringing bell.

OK... here is the BAD me.... using the above as a model of sorts...

Smoking: Tried it and felt it was really sick... never tried it again.

Arrested .... yeah once... it was an "silly mistake" on my part and I paid a fine and was on my way. We'll leave it at that for now.

NO DOPE... I don't even know what it looks like as the crowd I hung with was stright and narrow.

Speeding tickets? If my spouse were here were here now she would slap me in the shoulder or side of the head... and embark on a littany of admonishments... irregardless of who was looking on. We'll just leave THAT where it sits. Except - I will add that I have never hit another car for a recorded accident against me .... unlike my spouse who could try out for a demolition derby championship! <sobering chuckles>

And as for parently knocking about.... I've never been touched. However, I've pooped bricks over what my parents used to threaten verbally in Chinese when I was naughty. To this day I explain to folks that I don't understand any spoken Chinese except of language used in disciplining kids caught in mischief.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter