8/17/08 Captain Jack's Repossession Repo Cruise to PC thru TPC Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Crew!

Well since i'm so hopelessly behind (did chores today instead of catching up - so I'm still back on page 2396. Maybe if I dedicate the entire day tomorrow to catching up??) I'll just start a new topic - so that I can fall more hopelessly behind. :rotfl:

When they were young what did / do your kids (or you) want to be when they grow / grew up?

DS9, when he was about 5 or 6 was going to be a school teacher, fly fighter jets for the Air Force, instruct Violin, AND be a Spy. He's planning on staying busy I guess. Interesting that when it came time to select his string instrument he picked the Viola, not the violin. If you ask him today - you'll get no anwser. I think he's reconsidering his choice(s).

DS5 is going to teach children how to be safe. When asked: Car safety? Yes. Airplane Safety? Yes. Boat Safety? Yes. Dog Safety? Yes. Bike Safety? Yes. All kinds of Safety. Oh, and get this - he's going to do this great (and most important) work at Disney World or Disneyland. guess he figures there are lots of kids there.

I started out watching General Hospital when I flipped channels and saw someone knocking a guy over the side of a boat. That was Luke going into the water...and I watched it thru college. Of course that summer I also watched OLTL, Edge of Night, All My Children, and Ryan's hope. Now I watch OLTL now & then...keeping up. AMC is a little far fetched now. I did watch GH when Laura was back & now am surprised that they let Alan die. :(

OMG - Alan's DEAD!?!?!?!?

Thought I would share some pics fom the GC from a couple of years ago. We took a plane ride from Henderson airport and saw hoover dam and such. We landed on the west rim where we took a short bus ride. Last pic shows where people were standing.

Thanks for sharing those great shots!!! They are beautiful! :goodvibes

So sorry about the kitty, we had to do that a few weeks ago with our kitty. It was awful, and she was only 6, but she had apparently had cancer in her kidneys and we never knew until she suddenly stopped eating! The only positive part of the story is that we left for our cruise a week later and it helped the kids to have something to look forward to! In fact, we surprised our family by showing up unexpectedly on the cruise :goodvibes It was so cool!

If anyone has time for a story about the surprise...here goes...

We took my parents and DH's parents on a cruise in Jan. 2005. We were celebrating both grandpa's 60th birthdays. Our reasoning for spending so much money for the whole trip (11 of us) was that we have 5 kids and we really were so grateful to them for helping us so much over the years. Plus, my husband's parents hadn't been on a real vacation for at least 20 years, and being newly retired, we hoped to inspire them to take more trips!

Well, we had a BLAST and we really didn't know what we were getting into with my in-laws. The next year they took my newly wed sister in law and her new husband on the Disney Cruise. Then they booked another cruise on the ship to go with my DSIL again AND my husband's aunt and cousin (who had never been out of Wisconsin before!). So, when we heard that they were all going, we called our trusty TA and she got us 2 rooms right down the hall from them. She linked our dining and everything! They had NO idea we were going! Our oldest DS turned 15 the day before we left and when DMIL called him, we were at EPCOT and she was at the hotel in Port Canaveral and she still had no idea.

Then she called us when we were on the ship!!!! We had just got to our cabin without being seen by any of the other family members. We were laughing sooooooooooo hard!

We had a hard time deciding when we should reveal ourselves because we didn't think we could make it all the way to dinner without being seen, so we decided to just knock on their door about 15 minutes before the safety drill started. We went to DSIL first and she was ssssssooooooooo happy, we have never traveled with them before as they are still newlyweds (about 2 years now) and have no kids. Then we all went to Grandma and Grandpas room and knocked. The look on her face was priceless. She cried for about 20 minutes! What a fun memory for all of us!!!!

Poohmom :hippie:

What a great story. I'm glad your family was so happy to be together.

I, on the other hand will jump into shark infested waters if any of the extended family ends up on this cruise with me. :cool2:

No, that is a neighbor's house, our backyards are side by side.

The funny thing is, I never mentioned this before, but I did live in that white house when I was a kid. I remember living there when I was in kindergarten through second grade.

How cool! I don't know many people who live where they grew up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter