9 night Greek Isles

For the amount this cruise will be I would rather do a land based trip to Greece. See more and save thousands

You could probably spend the summer in Greece and still come home with money for that price.

I totally agree. I have a very hard time justifying the Disney prices for such a port intensive cruise where there will not be much time on the ship. I just priced a 10 night Italy/Greece for summer 2020 on Celebrity, and a verandah for 2 adults/1 child it is around $9000. A little over half the price I am guessing it will be for the OP's scenario, and one night longer. If I was looking to sail to Greece, this would be very tempting.

You know it's so annoying that they don't release prices with itineraries and make you wait to see them...I totally understand not letting people All book right away and staggering the booking according to Castaway Club status but they could at least put pricing up so people know what they're looking at. Plus you have to get your deposit together and for some it's not something they can do at the last minute. Just annoyed with the way Disney waits so long to release dates and then draws it out even more with the price realease too...like just put it all out there at once so people don't get their hopes up about a cruise only to be crushed when they get a quote days later.

You know it's so annoying that they don't release prices with itineraries and make you wait to see them...I totally understand not letting people All book right away and staggering the booking according to Castaway Club status but they could at least put pricing up so people know what they're looking at. Plus you have to get your deposit together and for some it's not something they can do at the last minute. Just annoyed with the way Disney waits so long to release dates and then draws it out even more with the price realease too...like just put it all out there at once so people don't get their hopes up about a cruise only to be crushed when they get a quote days later.
I agree...I wish they at least listed the lowest cost room..."prices starting at $___" Lol, then I wouldn't even have to look at some cruises--knowing that an inside is too costly for me!

I booked the last Greek Isles cruise on opening day (ended up getting changed to a standard Med cruise later due to events in Greece). I believe it was a 10 or 11 night, and for two adults in a verandah it was approximately $13K.

At that price point I'd be out for sure... the ABD price for 10 days is 6K per person, so also ~12K, and we'd gain all those nights in the cities.

as some one who lives in Europe, it just shows how the Mouse can get people to pay for anything, if these prices are true. If I am paying over 10 Grand for 2 people for Greece, it better be on a small, sail boat, that gets me into every awesome cove those islands offer, all-inkl, with butler.

As much as I loved our DCL cruise, sorry but I see no value in paying those prices. I know many do and that is why they can charge it. Especially as there are soooo many lines that do Greece... and honeslty. why start a Greece cruise in rome???? Start in the Adria and cover Croatia while you're at it. the intinery alone is not worth that money.

I was just pricing Greece on RC last night, depending on DCL prices, we may have to go with RC instead.

We currently have a 7 night Greece/Croatia cruise booked for summer 2020 with RCCL. For my family of three in an "ultra spacious oceanview" we're paying $4k. I love Disney and I'd love to go 9 nights vs. the 7 we have booked but yikes, I'm seeing a lot of chatter about these itineraries on various FB groups I'm on (and now here) and I can see them being wildly popular. I have a DCL placeholder currently burning a hole in my pocket so that would help a little, but it's really going to be hard to justify triple the price for our family.

That's what I'm thinking too. I wonder how much an Oceanview will be...I'm seriously considering it even though we are solid verandah fans...we've never cruised without a verandah but if it's between not taking this cruise and taking it I will go with an Oceanview.

Our two Magic cruises in Europe have both been in a 9C. If we're sailing on Fantasy or another line I will always look to book an extended aft balcony. I love having a recliner on my balcony and spend a lot of time there when I have it. But Magic doesn't have those balconies, and I can't bring myself to pay several thousand more than an oceanview for the closet-sized balconies on the sides. I still prefer to have a balcony when the price makes sense, but our 9C cruises have been fine. We just go to a different deck if we want to sit outside.

I just booked the March 2020 Panama Canal crossing in a 9D GTY. Partly because there are currently no verandahs available, but even if they open up, it looks like they'll be $3 - $4K more than an oceanview. Having a verandah while crossing the canal would be great, and there are a lot of sea days on that cruise, but for that money I think we can live with the public decks.

The two cruises I looked up earlier (2016 12-day Med/Greek Isles and 2019 10-day Med) both opened about $5K less in a 9C compared to a 5C for two adults and one child (around $10.5K for the 9C, $15.5K for the 5C). That's a lot of dollars for about 60 square feet.

Our two Magic cruises in Europe have both been in a 9C. If we're sailing on Fantasy or another line I will always look to book an extended aft balcony. I love having a recliner on my balcony and spend a lot of time there when I have it. But Magic doesn't have those balconies, and I can't bring myself to pay several thousand more than an oceanview for the closet-sized balconies on the sides. I still prefer to have a balcony when the price makes sense, but our 9C cruises have been fine. We just go to a different deck if we want to sit outside.

I just booked the March 2020 Panama Canal crossing in a 9D GTY. Partly because there are currently no verandahs available, but even if they open up, it looks like they'll be $3 - $4K more than an oceanview. Having a verandah while crossing the canal would be great, and there are a lot of sea days on that cruise, but for that money I think we can live with the public decks.

The two cruises I looked up earlier (2016 12-day Med/Greek Isles and 2019 10-day Med) both opened about $5K less in a 9C compared to a 5C for two adults and one child (around $10.5K for the 9C, $15.5K for the 5C). That's a lot of dollars for about 60 square feet.
I agree verandahs on the Magic and Wonder are too much money. We have requested our TA book us a 9D.

I agree that's a lot of money to have a balcony and especially a small balcony at that...we always stay on deck 5 with an extended verandah on the Fantasy/Dream and absolutely love it. But I feel like we get our money's worth during those sailings since they're not as port intensive and we have time to spend out there. I'm definitely open to booking an Oceanview for this cruise if the price is something we can afford.

The Adventures by Disney Cruise package for next summer's 9-night Mediterranean with Greek Islands cruise is listed at $3,019 per person for adults and $2,869 for kids:
https://www.adventuresbydisney.com/europe/mediterranean-9-night-cruise-italy-greece/rates-dates/

This page does say all meals included, which implies that it covers the cruise. If this already included the price for the cruise, then cruise-only prices will start below $8,907 for a family of 3. That does seem surprisingly low, though.

If, on the other hand, this is the extra cost for ABD, it's absurdly high.

We love sailing Disney (we're platinum), and now we sail as two adults, as our children are grown up. We have a Rome to Athens 7 night Greek Island cruise this summer, and it's costing us $3500 in a balcony, and we get included gratuities and lots of OBC. We only get a balcony as it's not that much more expensive than an oceanview. This is a port intensive cruise, and we spend all of our time in ports. It's just not worth it to have a balcony on this type of cruise. When we cruise to relax, we always sail Disney. When we cruise to see the ports, we sail another cruiseline. Disney is amazing, but personally, I don't think it's worth 3-4X the price when you will hardly be using the Disney amenities. When we sailed the Baltic last summer, after 12-14 hour port days, we did not want to partake in any activities.

The Adventures by Disney Cruise package for next summer's 9-night Mediterranean with Greek Islands cruise is listed at $3,019 per person for adults and $2,869 for kids:
https://www.adventuresbydisney.com/europe/mediterranean-9-night-cruise-italy-greece/rates-dates/

This page does say all meals included, which implies that it covers the cruise. If this already included the price for the cruise, then cruise-only prices will start below $8,907 for a family of 3. That does seem surprisingly low, though.

This is the extra cost for ABD. Cruise fare is not included.

We love sailing Disney (we're platinum), and now we sail as two adults, as our children are grown up. We have a Rome to Athens 7 night Greek Island cruise this summer, and it's costing us $3500 in a balcony, and we get included gratuities and lots of OBC. We only get a balcony as it's not that much more expensive than an oceanview. This is a port intensive cruise, and we spend all of our time in ports. It's just not worth it to have a balcony on this type of cruise. When we cruise to relax, we always sail Disney. When we cruise to see the ports, we sail another cruiseline. Disney is amazing, but personally, I don't think it's worth 3-4X the price when you will hardly be using the Disney amenities. When we sailed the Baltic last summer, after 12-14 hour port days, we did not want to partake in any activities.

I was checking prices on Celebrity Edge. We could go on an 11-night in concierge room including alcoholic drinks, wifi and $150 OBC for $10,350. It will be interesting to see what DCL's prices are like.

There’s no way this included cruise fare. They probably mean all meals off the ship.

The ABD cost is in addition to the cost of the cruise. My wife thought the same thing at first when we looked into our 2018 Med cruise.
There’s no way this included cruise fare. They probably mean all meals off the ship.
Yes it means that the meals are provided while on the excursion. So since it is normally an all day thing when you add ABD to the cruise; they will provide at a minimum lunch while you are out.

Psy

I'm glad I came here because I was all excited about DCL going to Greece and thinking hmm, that would probably be at least $15,000 for the 5 of us for a 9 night (wild guess). I didn't even really think of RCCL. Maybe I'll give them a call!

I'm glad I came here because I was all excited about DCL going to Greece and thinking hmm, that would probably be at least $15,000 for the 5 of us for a 9 night (wild guess). I didn't even really think of RCCL. Maybe I'll give them a call!

I just looked at summer 2020 on RCCL and for the 3 of us it would be around $5,000/9 night/with balcony. Also their port times are long which I like typically 7AM-7PM.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter