ABCs of a Nursing School Grad Trip + FL Keys Mini Report;D is for: Dang! Last Chapter of this TR...

(If I recall, it was an obligation to his Inner Teenage Boy. Please. Tell me... how many teenage boys wear a bathrobe in a fantasy such as that.....

thought so.)

Sure they can! Well... maybe not for long, mind you.

Well of course!!! Why dip things in chocolate when you can just drink it?? :) Yum.

This is a no brainer! ;)

This sounds really good actually. I missed this - was it on the menu or did she make it up for you when you needed an "x" drink?

No, not on the menu. I walked up and told her I needed drink that started with X for my challenge. And she whipped that out. I had several bar tenders or servers who pulled through for me on that trip for that game. :)

Ahem. Yes, I know what you mean. And the funny thing is you do actually have to really make a conscious effort to ingest any fibre at Disney at all, it's doable if you try, but not if you don't think about it.

It's true!! You have to ORDER a salad or opt for the fresh fruit along the way or you'll almost invariable end up with the fries next to that main dish!

NO!!

I'm saying that you can't have Dole Whip floats if you don't have any Dole Whip.

DWFs are quite possibly the best thing in Disney.

Maybe the planet.

Oh, then in that case, this is true. On both accounts.

Yeah, I suppose. You haven't been there long enough yet.
Do your vacation hours increase with your time there?

Not unless I go up to Full Time. Which ain't gonna happen!

It'd be a dream come true.

Then I 100% hope that happens for you someday!

They were in a good mood since I couldn't move and they had their freedom.

Funny how that happens. Remember my kids and how fudge was discovered at AK? "I'm sitting here for a while; go find something to do." "Hi Mom, we just spent $20 on fudge! Want some?"

Get out, freeloaders!

YES!!

Gee! Thanks! Nice to be here!

All kidding aside, I do appreciate your being here and your encouragement in my trip too! Thank you!!

Does that mean what I think? As in he/she coded?

Yes, as in coded. I had just walked in when the pt was crying... in this case a VERY good thing to see!

No. You do an incredible amount of work. Frankly I don't know how you do it all.

I don't either. Thankfully, in a few weeks it'll all end with a nice long trip to Disney to celebrate it.

Wow! That sounds like so much fun! Wish I could do that. But... Ain't too many wineries around these parts.
Beer, yes. Wine? Not so much.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand we ended up not going. Our friends cancelled out in the end. I came home and did my update instead. Maybe, just maybe I CAN finish these TRs up before I leave again. Then again, I still have the Keys and the PNWMM to report on.

Well, Friday night I have to work. But Saturday... well, I have to work all day too. But then I get to go shopping and cook supper before doing absolutely nothing interesting whatsoever.

But! Sunday! Now Sunday!!.... I do the exact same thing as Saturday.

But did you try a new recipe?

Well seeing you asked. This weekend is our holiday weekend with schools off on Friday and Monday. Peter is away with his school Saturday to Wednesday to the Isle of Raasay which is off the West Coast of Scotland. He will get to do lots of outdoor activities including sea kayaking, sailing, coasteering, abseiling and best of all jumping off a pier.

https://goo.gl/images/VhV3mS

That just sounds like FUN!!! I'm so glad he is getting this opportunity to enjoy the outdoors and discover it!

Hannah is at Teen Ranch with the youth group from our church. We are staying in a nearby cottage. The logistics are never straight forward. We had booked the cottage from Friday but discovered recently that Peter wasn't leaving until early Saturday morning. I came up yesterday afternoon with Alfie. Alan drove up this morning after dropping Peter off at school at 07:30am. Anyway we have decided to have a lazy day around the cottage. Alan is having an afternoon nap.

That sounds absolutely divine! Just lovely!

Here is the view early this morning.

Stunning! Absolutely beautiful!

Alfie has made himself at home!

Awww, "little Alfie". Ummm, not so little! Holy cow that is a big dog!!!

Hope your lesson planning went well and that you make your grape-stomp tomorrow. Sound fun - well the grape-stomp at least!

We didn't end up going as our friends got a little sick. But, I guess some downtime around the house wasn't so bad either in the end, actually.

I went to a talk this morning by Dave Bossert on Oswald the Lucky Rabbit where he talked about his new book and we watched some cartoons. Then we all got a copy of the book and he signed it for us.

Now THAT sounds fun!! Where was that?

Now it's back to working and cleaning and laundry.

UGH! Had to do a fair amount of that myself this weekend.

YUM!! This looks awesome.

So yummy!! Hoping to try it again in Nov.

Good point!!

::yes::

If you put some official answers in a WAYYYY back when, you’ll want to tune in.

I think I did. Don't ask me what they were.

What can I say? I like to eat. I can equally enjoy a dining experience at the likes of Victoria and Albert’s, just as well as I can at Taco Bell… which has been discussed elsewhere ad nauseum.

:rolleyes1

Steppe's Assessment: I give this the ultimate... HOLY CRAP, If-I-Could-Only-Have-One-Food-For-the-Rest-of-My-Life-I'd-Take-This Award. Num Nums!

Bacon mac and cheese? Yep, can't go wrong there.

And basically, I went from the very best to the very worst. At the France Kiosk, I got:

***Croissant aux Escargots: Escargot Croissant with Garlic and Parsley

Bacon mac > escargot. I am shocked.

Sorry, Canada (no offense to my beloved Canadian Peeps!), but well, you stink at souvenirs, and your kiosk was closed and you only had this to offer:

*** Canadian cheddar cheese soup served with a pretzel roll
*** “Le Cellier” Wild Mushroom Beef Filet Mignon with Truffle-Butter Sauce

If I'm gonna get either of those, I'd rather eat at your very nice restaurant. ;)

I would eat that cheddar soup with a pretzel roll any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Picked up one of these:

***Not Your Father's Hard Root Beer

...and yes, it was very refreshing.

That stuff is dangerous! Hard to even tell it's alcoholic.

(yes, I'm one of those weirdos who likes brussel sprouts)

So I just shouldn't trust your judgment, is what you're saying. :rotfl2:

IMG_1245.jpg

:lmao::rotfl::rotfl2:

How was your weekend? What did you guys do?

I moved a washing machine up two flights of stairs. My back hurts.

I have been keeping up on reading, but sucking 10 fold on commenting.

But the good news is that you are still here!! ;)

I can't express enough how much school is kicking my butt. Trying to keep up is HARD! The pressure of knowing that if on just 1 exam or practical I get below a 75% I will get kicked from the MLT program and have to re-apply next fall has me on pins and needles. I have NEVER had stress levels as high as I do right now. I had a panic attack last week and I don't even suffer from anxiety. LOL anyway, wanted to take a few minutes and come out of the books. I know you can relate!

Oh how I can relate. UGH! This brings back horrible memories of unfathomed stress. It was the same for us, but we had to get a 75% average over the term, but we did lose more than half, some by only one test question. I'm being really serious. You may want to talk to your doctor and explain; they may very well be able to find an anti-anxiety med for the short term. Mine got so bad I got spells of shortness of breath and heart palpitations. Zoloft did me wonders for a few months.

Update health-wise, Xeljan's is officially a miracle drug. Since I started the meds in January, I have had 2 small flares of my RA. My morning stiffness has gone from lasting about 2 1/2-3 hours in the AM to about 30 minutes. The flares I have had have been very localized and only required joint specific steroid injections instead of all over injections or oral steroids. I was taking 3-4 tramadol every day and 1 Tylenol 3 at night to sleep and am now down to just the Tylenol 3 at night to sleep. My doctors, as well as myself, are pretty ecstatic over the results. I didn't realize it, but because of my history of Hodgkins Lymphoma, they were running out of options for me to try. A lot of the RA meds carry a side effect of increased chances of Lymphoma's which made them impossible for me. Now we are just praying it continues to work. My insurance has approved the medication for me even though it is still a new medication on the stipulation that I continue to show at least a 30% improvement in symptoms. I have to be re-evaluated for it every 6 months. Without insurance, the medication would be $3900 a month. :faint: Needless to say, if ever the insurance decides they don't want to cover it, I will have to stop taking it.

This is GREAT news! It sounds like the Xeljans is working really well for you! Definitely hoping for the best that the insurance will keep covering it for you!

I, for one, look forward to this TR and will be sad when it is done, and hoping another will be in the works!

I assure you there will be. ;)

Sent you a PM. Couple of these were super hard. I had to think extra on these! LOL I think I got them all though.

Got it! Yes, I would agree; a couple of them were a bit tough!

LOL So true! But those do look amazing! Just curious, as I have never had them, does the Ricecream taste anything like tapioca?

Yes, and no. The texture is similar, but the base is not pudding-like as in tapioca. Instead it is less sweet and a bit lighter- more like whipped cream. Kinda.

Had an exam due Sunday and one tomorrow... so needless to say, my weekend was all about homework

Oh yes. The endless days, nights and weekends of homework and studying. I so get it. Hang in there!! You can do this!!!!

Try and stop me!

Well, if I don't, your wallet will.

Ok, that does make sense. I know I'd like to go for F&W but there are so many places that have become something we have to do every trip... well... there's only so much you can do.

It's true, and for you guys, Fall might be tough. But I get it. I only have a few places I need to re-visit and even then not every time. But do understand that there are those who love the tradition of their places and that can make a trip very special just in that. No shame in that!

This is probably my biggest knock on something like F&W. Yes, I'd love to try new things. I love that they have these booths set up so that you can try a little bit of this and a little bit of that. But at the same time, I'm not sure I want to take the chance on spending 5 or 10 bucks on something that I might love or I might throw away when I know I can spend that money on Mickey ice cream bars or cinnamon rolls from Gaston's tavern, or nachos at La Cantina and be completely happy with what I'm getting.

And that too is a very good point. Very valid! I guess you have to be willing to play a bit of F&W Roulette and hope for the best. Luckily, there were more hits than misses, and this year I can go in with a bit more knowledge of what to expect.

I won't lie... I don't go to that restaurant very often, but if they had a window or a counter service restaurant offering those 2 items... I'd have a new counter service meal that I'd get every trip.

Now that's a good idea!! You'd think they'd have done that a LONG time ago!

popcorn::
(Although I'm preeeeety sure I'm not the winner.)

I guess you'll have to find out! ;)

Oh, good! Always nice when the people who won are around to give out an official "woot".

Absolutely!!

1 month, two weeks, 3 days according to your ticker. :)

And less than that now!
:eek: Whoa! That's a lot of postage!

Nah, not so much! And happy to do it. Makes the Contests more fun!

PM sent!
Although I can't for the life of me figure out "Z".

You definitely weren't the only one!

Yes. Let's leave that behind us shall we?

I could give a completely inappropriate reply and giggle afterwards, but will refrain from such infantile humor.

::yes:: Same way I did it. Lots of backtracking and skipping and noshing.

Either way it can be fun. It's like Russian Roulette with foodstuffs.

:rolleyes1

I'm surprised you remember. Details later...

pffft..... you missed one VERY important sentence that refutes that!

hmmm... sounds pretty good. Not sure why this one wasn't on my radar.

You might have to try and hit up another F&W someday!

Interesting. I gave this one a firm "meh" on my scale. It was good... but for me, not good enough for a repeat.

GREAT! More for me!!!

:banana::banana::banana:

It looks... horrid.
I'll stick to The Keg, thanks.

I was pretty much in love with the Club 33 ones too.

Well, if the kiosk is closed, they don't leave you much choice.
And I have no idea who is in charge of the souvenirs, but we have much better than the crap they have there.

Gonna make my shop-around-the-world tough again in November. I always have a hard time in Canada and in France.

I'd try that one now.
At the time, it wasn't on my radar because the only Sheperd's pie I'd ever had, I didn't like. But since then... well, things change, ya know?

Yes, mind changing is a-ok!!! I do think, if you like fish and potatoes, you'd enjoy this one.

This one too. It wasn't on my list. I don't really care for hummus. But hummus fries? Yeah! I'd try it. Especially with the rest of the toppings.

This was like falafel in many ways. The spices were pretty similar.

Don't think I noticed before. Nice Magic Band skin. :)

THanks! Got some for this trip too!!

That sounds delish!

But.... I think you meant to write about (guessing here a bit) Frozen Red Stag Lemonade?

No, just had my photo in the wrong place. I think it's fixed now.

My favourite place in Epcot. Well... all of the Japan area.

I definitely need to spend more time in there. While I sat with my cold drink, I remember thinking to myself that's it's so pretty in there. Just haven't explored it nearly enough.

One word. Well... 2. Brussels Sprouts.

You've never had them cooked well.

Then again, I don't fault anyone who likes them. And honestly... if I could just bring myself to try some that were properly cooked maybe I wouldn't hate them so much.
But, to this day, it's the only food that makes my gag reflex cut in.

see^^

I like them with basalmic vinegar sprinkled on and some bacon bits.

Yes, I do believe you may have mentioned that. :rolleyes2

Don't make me pull out the "Ode To Rice Cream".

I don't remember for sure... but I think I tried that. Not sure.

I think you did actually. Pretty sure you wrote about it when you were with Katie and those others.

Hmm.. So at my count, you had at least 4 alcoholic beverages (you list three, but also have a photo of another) plus three Margs. Hence my wonder that you remember anything!

"Then, somewhere in there during one of the 4 times I ate at F&W..."

Dude.

This was over 4 days!

Yes, on one day, I did get the hard root beer and the slushie (and then a glass of wine at VN), but the rest was over the other 3 days!!

Totally get that. I had my issues with it over the weekend as well.

What should have taken an hour, took like 4. Stooopid.

Worked. Which turned out to be less stressful than home life. :sad2:

Ah, well.

UGH! I hope things are better now!

That just sounds like FUN!!! I'm so glad he is getting this opportunity to enjoy the outdoors and discover it!

He has a real sense of adventure. It is funny not hearing anything from him but they made them hand in their phones at Fort William. I would have liked an update from the school to say they had arrived safely. I'm looking forward to seeing him tomorrow night.

That sounds absolutely divine! Just lovely!

Relaxation has a new appeal.

Stunning! Absolutely beautiful!

It was lovely countryside.

Awww, "little Alfie". Ummm, not so little! Holy cow that is a big dog!!!

He does take up a bit of space - I definitely can't carry him round in my handbag.

We didn't end up going as our friends got a little sick. But, I guess some downtime around the house wasn't so bad either in the end, actually.

That's a shame your friends weren't well but downtime was a real blessing.

200.webp

Really, they should be serving some poutine varieties and some nice ice wines from the Niagara area. Thank you Disney, you may reward my suggestion with a quick November trip gratis.

Now that's a fantastic idea. I have never had the pleasure of eating poutine yet. Hope to remedy that sometime soon!

I'll call Disney this week and let them know it was your idea and they should reward you with a free trip. You should be hearing pretty soon. Or whenever Hell freezes over. Whichever comes first.

It was so fantastic that when I eventually made it to Ireland I ate it every chance that I could. And I loved the real size portions in Ireland too - I finished every last bite every time!

See?!

I think if I had to choose only 2 things to repeat in November, it'd be this and my Mac n Cheese.

OMG is it just me or is the DIS SO much faster today than it has been for the last few days?? Whatever the reason...phew. I thought I was going to have to abandon the DIS forever because it was so frustrating to use lately. Glad to be back.

The DIS is a joke the last few days. Week maybe. So slow to load anything and even the quotes took forever to embed. Fruuuuuuuuuuuustrating!

Yeah...I know. I don't know why they can't come up with some better stuff than those dang leather bracelets and keychains. I mean what Canadian actually wears that stuff? Dunno. And all the stuff in the shop ...I just don't get it...sigh. What they really need is a Tim Horton's there. (our version of Dunkin' Donuts) sigh.

Yes, more calories I say!

I'm wondering if a bar of Beaverbutt soap is in my future for lack of ANYTHING else to get.

Funny because it's so true. When we went I had a detailed plan of all the things I wanted to try, but for some reason whenever I remembered to even look at my plan, we were nowhere near where said food item/pavilion was located and I ended up just going with whatever looked good at the time. Which sometimes as you saw...works out well, and sometimes you wish you had saved the stomach space for something more worthwhile.

This!

But, I gotta say it. Planning out trips is a lot of fun, even if you swerve from the path... even grossly.

:hug:

So good to hear that you are having positive results! Very happy for you.

Thank you so much!

But the good news is that you are still here!! ;)

HAHA! here is what keeps me sane! Already looking forward to my grad celebration trip and you are giving me lots and lots of ideas! My SIL went back to school too at the same time I did (She worked at the same place I did and got layed off too) and we are talking about a September/October 2019 celebration trip together with our families. If that happens for sure, that will be a trip for 10 I will be planning and am pretty excited about it. My brother has only been to Disney 1 time way back when we were teens and on one of the trips my aunt took me on, she said I could bring someone with me, and I elected to take him. I can't wait to show him the world again as well as his family.

ou may want to talk to your doctor and explain; they may very well be able to find an anti-anxiety med for the short term. Mine got so bad I got spells of shortness of breath and heart palpitations. Zoloft did me wonders for a few months

I am not sure I can take anxiety medications. Having gastric bypass surgery limits the type of medications I can take. I have thought about talking to the doc about it though. If I keep getting pains in my chest like I have been, I will for sure.

This is GREAT news! It sounds like the Xeljans is working really well for you! Definitely hoping for the best that the insurance will keep covering it for you!
Thank you. Where insurance companies are concerned, all prayers are needed. I really expected this to be a fight and was quite surprised when they approved it first attempt.

Yes, and no. The texture is similar, but the base is not pudding-like as in tapioca. Instead it is less sweet and a bit lighter- more like whipped cream. Kinda.
I don't like tapioca so glad to hear this. Will put it on my list to try.

Not unless I go up to Full Time. Which ain't gonna happen!

Ah

Funny how that happens. Remember my kids and how fudge was discovered at AK? "I'm sitting here for a while; go find something to do." "Hi Mom, we just spent $20 on fudge! Want some?"

Well that worked out well!

All kidding aside, I do appreciate your being here and your encouragement in my trip too! Thank you!!

:) You are very welcome. It's fun being here!

Yes, as in coded. I had just walked in when the pt was crying... in this case a VERY good thing to see!

I bet!!!

I don't either. Thankfully, in a few weeks it'll all end with a nice long trip to Disney to celebrate it.

I'll make sure to give you your congrats in person. :)

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand we ended up not going. Our friends cancelled out in the end. I came home and did my update instead. Maybe, just maybe I CAN finish these TRs up before I leave again. Then again, I still have the Keys and the PNWMM to report on.

Busy!

But did you try a new recipe?

I don't even remember. Although I do know I made a new side. For me, anyways.
I made fresh pasta! Yum!!!

I guess you'll have to find out! ;)

Yup!

Nah, not so much! And happy to do it. Makes the Contests more fun!

Nice of you.

You definitely weren't the only one!

Phew! I thought I was stupid.

well... I am... just thought... more so.

I could give a completely inappropriate reply and giggle afterwards, but will refrain from such infantile humor.

Of course. I would expect nothing less.

Either way it can be fun. It's like Russian Roulette with foodstuffs.

Hmm... a bit drastic. The food's not that bad!

pffft..... you missed one VERY important sentence that refutes that!

Oh? (Saw it later.)

You might have to try and hit up another F&W someday!

Maybe. Not sure when. Maybe next year... or the one after that. Who knows?

GREAT! More for me!!!

:banana::banana::banana:

:laughing:

I was pretty much in love with the Club 33 ones too.

Keg's are better.

Gonna make my shop-around-the-world tough again in November. I always have a hard time in Canada and in France.

:sad2: I don't know why it sucks so much there.

Yes, mind changing is a-ok!!! I do think, if you like fish and potatoes, you'd enjoy this one.

I'm in! If they still have it... whenever.

This was like falafel in many ways. The spices were pretty similar.

Ask me how often I've had falafel.

No, just had my photo in the wrong place. I think it's fixed now.

Okay. :)

You've never had them cooked well.

True.

I like them with basalmic vinegar sprinkled on and some bacon bits.

Bacon makes everything better.

Don't make me pull out the "Ode To Rice Cream".

No! Not again!!

I think you did actually. Pretty sure you wrote about it when you were with Katie and those others.

Ah. Well... there ya go!

Dude.

This was over 4 days!

Yes, on one day, I did get the hard root beer and the slushie (and then a glass of wine at VN), but the rest was over the other 3 days!!

My version is funnier.

UGH! I hope things are better now!

Nope.

Catching back up! I was in the mountains last weekend with my folks checking out the fall colors and wildlife.

I find F&W best with 2-3 people to split the food with. Everyone gets a bite or two and I don't feel so bad not liking something when its split 2-3 ways...and then we can try more!

Jill in CO

Well, at least you sampled more things than me at food and wine. I've been in WDW twice for F&W and both times I got a grand total of one thing at a booth. Being there with a young family, there was always some place to be or some character to line up for.

1?! Dang! I'mma thinkin' you need a solo trip! No characters if you don't want 'em... or ALL of the characters if you want that!

I keep hoping that they will announce a major overhaul of the Canada pavilion because it really needs it, from the souvenirs to the food offerings, and maybe even the attraction.

That would actually be really nice! I think though, that that's not the only Pavilion that needs some updating. And then, of course, there's ever on-going debate on a NEW Pavilion altogether. It's a fun discussion that I never tire of.

Some hits and some misses with Food and Wine on your trip. But honestly, I feel like that's how most people's experiences are with the event. People get dishes and then either find them delicious or disgusting. I guess Disney's in the "go big or go home" philosophy.
Hopefully, you got an idea of what to do when you return this year and will enjoy more winners than losers. For the prices you pay, you hate to get something nasty or disappointing.

LOL! So true! The croissant needed to go home. Blech!

And yes, I did. For sure getting that fisherman's pie and the Mac n Cheese. Yum.

Kudos to you for getting the lesson plans worked on! Another step closer...

Little by little!

My weekend was spent at a pumpkin festival enjoying a very popular pumpkin soup here in Germany.

Drove two hours for that bad boy and it did not disappoint!

That looks AMAZING! I LOVE any form of pumpkin soup. The Thai version is pretty good with ginger and coconut and garlic. Are those toasted pumpkin seeds on top?

Hmmm, some interesting and some yummy looking food choices. Thanks for sharing. Maybe this year they will have some new recipes for your tasting pleasure! I see some of the same choices were at F&G.

I am pretty sure I will try new and different things in addition to the few that really stood out as amazing!

Been ages since I've been to F&G. I really need to do that again someday. I think last time was in 2000.

RICE CREAM! It is a do not miss for Dana and I also. My mom makes it in a big bowl for holidays. We call it Glorified Rice. I will be getting some this year, just haven't decided if it will be Thanksgiving or Christmas.

I've never tried to make it. Is it difficult? Time consuming?

Probably should do that sometime! Remember the DISMeet at my house? It'd be fun to host another one and do another Disney-themed potluck.

Mark and Lindsay are talking about going Thanksgiving, so we were thinking of going also. Mom will need some help with the crowd. :rotfl2: But Christmas would be easier time-wise. Jim also has already invited a visiting airman to join us for Thanksgiving. We don't even have a table in our apartment, so hoping to borrow Mark's house I guess :confused3

FUN! Crowds are always nice around the holidays. I'm glad you are all planning to get together and share the family table!

I just realized, we may catch F&G again this year! Heading to the world with Ryan's March 24th

Well, there ya go!!! Sounds like a great time! I hope F&G IS still going on for you.

Sure they can! Well... maybe not for long, mind you.

I don't see too many robes come out when Zach's had friends over. Perhaps those are reserved for fantasies such as this.

I think you know the place. I'll be back to comment on the update, but I want to do that from my computer, no time for that today!

I think I DO know the place. Long to re-visit someday. :)

I think I did. Don't ask me what they were.

I know what they are.... Glad I printed them out; it'd take me days to find everyone's!

Bacon mac and cheese? Yep, can't go wrong there.

Da bomb!

Bacon mac > escargot. I am shocked.

On this I'd actually agree. While I "like" escargot, I LOVE bacon mac.

I would eat that cheddar soup with a pretzel roll any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Last time I had it, it was pretty salty. Not in a HUGE hurry to try it again.

That stuff is dangerous! Hard to even tell it's alcoholic.

For sure. Pretty easy going down.

So I just shouldn't trust your judgment, is what you're saying. :rotfl2:

Are you referring to the weirdo part or the brussel sprout part?

I moved a washing machine up two flights of stairs. My back hurts.

Who's worried about whose judgement here?!

He has a real sense of adventure. It is funny not hearing anything from him but they made them hand in their phones at Fort William. I would have liked an update from the school to say they had arrived safely. I'm looking forward to seeing him tomorrow night.

So, did you see him yet? How did he like it?

He does take up a bit of space - I definitely can't carry him round in my handbag.

He could probably carry your handbag for you! A sizable one at that!

That's a shame your friends weren't well but downtime was a real blessing.

It was for sure! Glad I ended up doing that!

HAHA! here is what keeps me sane! Already looking forward to my grad celebration trip and you are giving me lots and lots of ideas! My SIL went back to school too at the same time I did (She worked at the same place I did and got layed off too) and we are talking about a September/October 2019 celebration trip together with our families. If that happens for sure, that will be a trip for 10 I will be planning and am pretty excited about it. My brother has only been to Disney 1 time way back when we were teens and on one of the trips my aunt took me on, she said I could bring someone with me, and I elected to take him. I can't wait to show him the world again as well as his family.

Yes! The DIS is my "break time", just goof off, check out of the stress of every day life, place.

You will LOVE that! You will get to celebrate all of your hard work and success in such a wonderful way! I love it! 10 is a lot of logistical planning, so make sure you still do things YOU want to do! And make sure everyone's on the same page with expectations and understand Disney trips aren't for the faint of heart!

I am not sure I can take anxiety medications. Having gastric bypass surgery limits the type of medications I can take. I have thought about talking to the doc about it though. If I keep getting pains in my chest like I have been, I will for sure.

That is a good point! You have less of that first pass going for you. I'm sure there are options, but do your research and don't let things get to the point (the stress) where it causes permanent damage. :)

Thank you. Where insurance companies are concerned, all prayers are needed. I really expected this to be a fight and was quite surprised when they approved it first attempt.

Yes, insurance companies like to fight for every dollar and that makes it exceptionally stressful for the consumer. Not to mention the health effects on them as they await answers without the meds or treatments they need.

I don't like tapioca so glad to hear this. Will put it on my list to try

And I detest pudding. I think the rice in this gives it enough "texture" that it doesn't make me gag.

Catching back up! I was in the mountains last weekend with my folks checking out the fall colors and wildlife.

OH boy! I'll bet that was incredibly beautiful and relaxing! I LOVE the outdoors in Fall. I hope you got to see some fun wildlife and found some relaxation.

I find F&W best with 2-3 people to split the food with. Everyone gets a bite or two and I don't feel so bad not liking something when its split 2-3 ways...and then we can try more!

I would agree. I was able to try several more dishes when I was with my kids because we split them all. This time I'll be by myself so will have to strategically work my way through stuff.

Well that worked out well!

For WHO!? The kids, clearly!

I'll make sure to give you your congrats in person. :)

Okay!

I don't even remember. Although I do know I made a new side. For me, anyways.
I made fresh pasta! Yum!!!

That's AWESOME!!! I've made/rolled my own noodles quite a lot, and I know for a fact, cutting them is hard and time consuming. (Hence, no pasta making for a LONG time.) Did you use a pasta machine? Did you do noodles like spaghetti or wider stuff like lasagna?

Phew! I thought I was stupid.

well... I am... just thought... more so.

Spare me. :rolleyes:

Unless you know that one, it'd be a pretty hard one to figure out.

Of course. I would expect nothing less.

There have been more than one occasion I"ve gone a bit overboard. ;)

Hmm... a bit drastic. The food's not that bad!

NO. Just the escargot.

Keg's are better.

Someday, I'd love to try that place out.

Ask me how often I've had falafel.

Ummm, have you ever had falafel?

Bacon makes everything better.

::yes::::yes::::yes::

No! Not again!!

Party Pooper.

Ah. Well... there ya go!

See...? I DO read your TRs. Takes me far too long to comment, but I do read.

My version is funnier.

Actually, yes, it was. :bitelip:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter