Aeriell's Crazy PJ! 9/16/09 Musical Breakthrough, More Invites, & Other Silly Things

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys are all so sweet! I'm so glad that you enjoy the pic- I'm going to get a big head from all the compliments! I think I'm getting teary too :goodvibes

Just my way of saying thanks to everyone for being awesome- and if you want it surely can be the logo! I don't mind one bit- in fact, I'm proud to offer it!::yes::

awww I'm so sorry you're going through a stressful time!! I'm sure it will all work out--you won't have to give up your Disney wedding!! In fact I am personally learning how to have a budget friendly Disney wedding (it IS possible!). So don't you worry!

oh and I'd like to add that I simply luuuurve all your choices! I would have totally gone with the all red dress! The DF and I are very non-traditional...so I'm sure I will break my mom's heart if I don't end up with a white dress. Oh well! I'M the bride!:rotfl:

I can't believe your experience in the bridal shop! Psht--forget her. She's probably old and sad and lonely...and not to mention totally jealous of your uber-romantic DF and your ability to fill out a dress with fabulous curves!

awww I'm so sorry you're going through a stressful time!! I'm sure it will all work out--you won't have to give up your Disney wedding!! In fact I am personally learning how to have a budget friendly Disney wedding (it IS possible!). So don't you worry!

oh and I'd like to add that I simply luuuurve all your choices! I would have totally gone with the all red dress! The DF and I are very non-traditional...so I'm sure I will break my mom's heart if I don't end up with a white dress. Oh well! I'M the bride!:rotfl:

I can't believe your experience in the bridal shop! Psht--forget her. She's probably old and sad and lonely...and not to mention totally jealous of your uber-romantic DF and your ability to fill out a dress with fabulous curves!

Thanks so much bestla!! We'll work through it- my mom and I are so good at penny-pinching that I know we can make it work! I was really frustrated and scared and disappointed that I wasn't thinking straight. After calming down (gotta do that whole 'breathing' thing) I'm starting to get a contingency plan together (did you know banks will do wedding loans? This is just in case, of course..). A pep talk from mom really helped, too. :goodvibes

Yay for another lover of RED! It's cool to keep meeting more and more untraditional brides- way to keep breaking those molds! :hippie: I did compromise on an all-red gown for one with *quite* a bit of red on it- they *are* the 'rents and footing a chunk of the bill after all.

And I agree on the bridal shop hussy- I guess I was just too much sexy for her to handle! :confused3 :rotfl:

I LOVE your sketch!!! It is soo cute. I've been reading but havn't posted. I'm no longer a lurker! :cool1:

I did compromise on an all-red gown for one with *quite* a bit of red on it- they *are* the 'rents and footing a chunk of the bill after all.

...oh yes my parents are footing a hefty chunk as well. You're just a better daughter than I am!! :rotfl: oh I'm all talk. I'll totally end up giving in to my mom...she is just way too good at the whole guilt trip thing. :confused3

...oh yes my parents are footing a hefty chunk as well. You're just a better daughter than I am!! :rotfl: oh I'm all talk. I'll totally end up giving in to my mom...she is just way too good at the whole guilt trip thing. :confused3

I know, right? Maybe it's something they teach you while you're pregnant like those breathing classes.

"And today we'll be learning how to give The Look and how to subliminally transmit guilt into your children's minds!"

Seriously though, I would do *anything* for my mom and since she never got a real wedding of her own I'm more than happy for her to live somewhat vicariously through me! :lovestruc

Great sketch! I'm glad you aren't letting the work mess get you down on your Disney wedding!

:rotfl2: That sketch is tooo cute!! I love it!

I know, how crazy is it that Disney won't do a simple pillow cake!??? Gosh, put a glass slipper on it and Disbrides would pay $1000 for that wedding cake! ;)

Sorry about the drama with FH's job! Hope it gets settled soon!

Jennifer

:rotfl2: That sketch is tooo cute!! I love it!

I know, how crazy is it that Disney won't do a simple pillow cake!??? Gosh, put a glass slipper on it and Disbrides would pay $1000 for that wedding cake! ;)

Sorry about the drama with FH's job! Hope it gets settled soon!

Jennifer

$1000 you say.... Hmmmmmm! ;) If I sell 10 of them that's our minimum covered! :rotfl2:

I think the drama is dying down (for now). We'll see after this huge wedding reception next weekend. :faint: It's going to be *awful*! 300 people in a too-small space, with us trying to feed them out of a barely-functional kitchen. Their original number was 170- something we could handle- but now...we just want to get it over with. It's ironic that the number is 300- because I feel like it's going to be a massacre right out of the film. But enough ranting! I have neat things to tell!

So today I got (more) invitation samples! I really liked the other ones, but I kind of wanted to see something a little more fancied up. I found one that I really liked and will be posting pics soon!

Also today I was browsing iTunes looking for some nice french jazz and I somehow stumbled upon the Vitamin String Quartet. Okay, this one is for you unconventional brides out there because these musicians are AMAZING! What makes them so incredible besides their skills? They do string quartet versions of popular rock/pop songs! And they're REALLY GOOD!

They have everything from Enya to Jimi Hendrix to KoRn to Pink Floyd to Paul McCartney! AMAZING! They have newer music and older (the White Stripes songs sound great and so does Guns n' Roses Sweet Child of Mine). Really great stuff- hit them up on YouTube or iTunes if you want a peak. FH was loving the Black Sabbath and GooGoo Dolls covers as well as the Nirvana covers. I was totally blown away and they're just sneaky enough for us to create a mix of to play in the background- we still get awesome rock but with an air of sophistication! They also have a Rock n' Roll Wedding album and an Indie Rock Album... and check out the Hay Weddings album too! Great songs on there!

...Wow... Sorry, I was babbling like a brook there! :lmao: I'm just really excited because this is a way to inject even more of ourselves into our wedding day.... and give me the chance to walk down the aisle to Bohemian Rhapsody. :rotfl2: I'm also going to be making a cd for my dad to choose our dance song- when I asked him about it I just got a somewhat incredulous "Well I don't know, kid!" He's kinda nervous- not exactly an extrovert, my dad. I guess that's where I get it! :confused3 I'm really liking The Eagles' "Pretty Maids All In A Row" right now. Kinda suits us, but I'll see what daddy says.

Today was also bridal workout number 2! We took it much easier this time (I don't know HOW we did it that first time, we must have been out of our minds) because we were *all* sore the entire weekend! It was only just today that we started feeling not-achey. Slow and steady wins the race, but man... I want my perfect bride-bod now! :hyper:

Also... I've been very bad where diet is concerned. (I'm an emotional eater- it's my big downfall- and where I was upset I fell back onto those old comfort foods and plenty of them.) I'm so disappointed with myself; I'm really going to try harder from now on. :worried:

That's it for now! Maybe I can con Mike into a backrub... ;)

be careful of those backrubs....all i wanted was a backrub and I ended up like this:
belly001.jpg
:lmao:

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

That's one mighty backrub! I would ask for a foot rub, but FH is afraid of the Ick Toe. (It's a long story, let's just say that 20# rolls of aluminum foil, great heights, and my toes don't go very well together.)

Your baby bump is gorgeous, BTW! Congrats!

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

That's one mighty backrub! I would ask for a foot rub, but FH is afraid of the Ick Toe. (It's a long story, let's just say that 20# rolls of aluminum foil, great heights, and my toes don't go very well together.)

Your baby bump is gorgeous, BTW! Congrats!

Lol just wanted to give you fair warning :)
getting knocked up in the midst of planning your wedding is not something I can reccomend :rotfl:

Ooh, I'm going to have to check out the string quartet. I get all those tribute string quartet albums, but I never noticed the name of the quartet (aren't I observant). It looks like it might be them, though, because the company is Vitamin Records.

So maybe I have already! Very good stuff!

Lol just wanted to give you fair warning :)
getting knocked up in the midst of planning your wedding is not something I can reccomend :rotfl:

I would say not! Still, what a blessing; I'm excited to be a mom one day... just not quite so soon! ;)

Ooh, I'm going to have to check out the string quartet. I get all those tribute string quartet albums, but I never noticed the name of the quartet (aren't I observant). It looks like it might be them, though, because the company is Vitamin Records.

So maybe I have already! Very good stuff!

Why does that not surprise me? :rotfl: Great minds think alike, I guess!

I'm so glad that I can come on here and read amazing PJs and TRs and talk to such great people. I found out today that I may or may not be able to go back to my teaching gig in the fall. That means not much money. We'll get by, but this whole thing just really depresses me. Even with all the planning and anticipation... sometimes I dread it. I feel so scared and so uncertain of how things are going to go. I'm not just whining because I'm afraid I won't get my big Disney wedding- so many of you are doing such amazing and beautiful things outside the World- I'm just worried we won't get married at all.
I guess maybe I'm being a baby, but all this worrying just takes its toll on a person. Mike is great- trying to cheer me up and reassure me that everything will be okay. But I just thought that I would be doing great things by now- I thought I would be a success at *something*.

Just between you, me, and the fencepost, I want to get out of the kitchen and work a normal job where I can stay clean and not have to worry about burning myself or falling or cutting myself or some awful combination of all three. I'd love to be a food writer but how the heck do you get into such a thing and make a living?

I want to get out of this tiny town and go where the opportunity is.

Sorry for the whine-fest, but I just had to get that off my chest. Thanks for reading- I really feel like I've developed something like friendship with a few of you ladies :) I appreciate it and I'm going to try to suck it up and make the best of a bad situation.

awww hugs! :hug:

everything will work out, maybe just not at once. I'm slowly learning and accepting that. Being a grown-up totally sucks! ...and I whine about this daily. :lmao:

I thought I'd have my masters degree by now and finally be doing what I'd really like to be doing (being a librarian. don't laugh!!). But, we just don't have the money for grad school right now. Unfortunately, along with the several awesome things DF is giving me, I also get his $50,000 student loans. And now we are determined to buy a house this fall, so my grad school plans will likely be delayed even longer. So for now, I'm staying in a job I don't like all that much simply because it pays the bills.

Anyway..not trying to hijack your thread...my point is that you will get through it because you have each other! Maybe you'll have to wait a bit longer for your dream wedding (and concentrate first on making your daily life ROCK!)...or maybe you'll decide you don't want to wait, so you'll just need to put something fabulous together on a major budget (which is what I'm hoping to do). Either way...it will all come!! And it will mean all that much more to you once everything falls into place. Just take one thing at a time!

Lots of warm fuzzies coming your way... :hug: :hug:

Aeriell, you are not whining at all! You feel stuck, and you need to get it off your chest. There's nothing wrong with that.

No matter what happens, you *will* get married. There may be a lot of uncertainty, but that is one thing you should be certain of. Mike loves you, and you love him, so no matter where it happens, how it happens, it will happen.

That doesn't clear up the ickiness of everything else... it doesn't make the bowling ball go away, but it's something.

:hug:

Welcome and I have enjoyed reading your report. We just returned from our planning session down in Disney for our November wedding and I am finally getting caught up on what has been going on on these boards.

I must say I love your dress. I was deciding between the two AA dresses myself in white and claret and had decided to go with the one with the two ribbons of color down the back. A few days before ordering it I found another dress on these boards and fell in love with it and went to a local shop to try it on and then went back and forth for about a month before deciding. I decided to go with an all white dress and I love it but I still miss the thought of some color in the dress. My girls are all wearing an AA dress in claret but I let them chose their own style - as long as it is AA in claret. I like the idea of them in different dresses in the same color.

It sounds like things are going along well and I look forward to reading more of your planning.

Linda

Thanks girls- the advice and warm fuzzies really made me feel much better. I just have to remember to keep going, be motivated, and that things could always be *much* worse! Thank goodness for what we do have and that touch times can never last forever so long as you work hard!

So finally some *real* updatey goodness!

I've narrowed down the invites (For now... I think...) Let me know your opinions on these!

There's this one- I haven't gotten the sample yet, but I have gotten one similar from this same company so I'm expecting high quality. It's much cheaper than the other one (which I like very much... but $133 for 50! hatchi-matchi!) Enough blabbing, here's the linkage! http://www.theamericanwedding.com/shopping/prod_detail/main.asp-pid-5158

This one is the one that I got a sample of- it's a nice weight paper and the embossing is lovely. For some reason I'm a sucker for raised ink and the ribbon is just what I want. I think I'll substitute a lovely red ribbon for either one that I choose. Linky-Dinky! http://www.theamericanwedding.com/shopping/prod_detail/main.asp-pid-411

Now remember- RED ribbon! Pa-cha-kow! (Sorry. I come with my own sound effects! :lmao: )

Annnnd... that's all I can think of for now! Oh! Is it sacrelige (sp?) not to give out favors? I'm ridiculously practical so I just can't see spending lots of money on something my guests will throw away/forget about/never use. I'm not against them- so many of the PJs I see have such cute favors! I just get weirded out that something I spend weeks deciding on and then pay for will go unused and is probably unwanted. There's always some kind of goodie, but I don't know if Disney would even let me do that or if I would want to given the pre-wedding craziness. Maybe a mini cookbook from Mike and I? I don't know! :confused3

I really need to get a plan and stick with it! :laughing:

Okay, that's really it. You ladies are some real classy dames- thank you! :worship: :hug:

I like them both! Very classy!

(And I like the sound effects too. :) )

I actually read about not giving favors, and no, it's not wrong or mean or improper to not give them.

If you end up feeling guilty about it, I'd just do the candy bar thing or something that would appeal more to you (like the cookbook). But don't go out of your way if you don't want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter