Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Thanks for the tip about the IGA in Quebec, I rarely cross the bridge (also don't speak French) because I get lost over there, very easily.

Stopped at Rexall and spent $51.27 before taxes, so got a big 102 AM. It was all stuff I need, or restocking of things I use up (TP, royale tissues, Purex laundry soap). And of course 4 bags of chips for kiddo. He will finish those before school starts I'm sure lol. I have to buy him the ones I don't like though or I'd finish them by tomorrow :D Ketchup and pickle eww!

I'm looking at touring plans for May, trying to see when I want to fit in any table service. Kiddo is really into seafood now so since I hope to stay at Beach Club I figure a dinner at Cape May is a must. He wants to go to the "ice cream for lunch" place there as well. So we'll see if we can get a Beaches and Cream lunch one day. BOG for breakfast once, which isn't really table service of course but does require a reservation, and maybe Mama Melrose or another Italian place. Now I debate if we should get the water parks option on the tickets, since Beach Club has a water slide we don't really need it. But of course the water parks are many slides and wave pools and all that stuff. What to do! Probably worth it for about $37, even if we only go once. Right?

Completely off topic here but sorta related and I figure some of you will understand my excitement. I'm having a crap- tactic day: got up at 4:30 to head into city to the hospital and found out clinic is closed and they neglected to lei me know :headache:
Decided to make a day out of it ... First stop shell ...View attachment 347364 kept wandering around and stumbled across this gem! There's a blaze pizza in Toronto ... two in factView attachment 347365 discovered in Disney Springs that they are completely safe for me to eat!!!!

That pizza looks yummy! And I got one of the double caramel bars at Shell Wednesday, points already posted! I may have to go back today. Since it's over on Sep 2. Seems a good return on investment. Kiddo doesn't like them so I get him a 49 cent jumbo freezie and he's happy :)

Completely off topic here but sorta related and I figure some of you will understand my excitement. I'm having a crap- tactic day: got up at 4:30 to head into city to the hospital and found out clinic is closed and they neglected to lei me know :headache:
Decided to make a day out of it ... First stop shell ...View attachment 347364 kept wandering around and stumbled across this gem! There's a blaze pizza in Toronto ... two in factView attachment 347365 discovered in Disney Springs that they are completely safe for me to eat!!!!

Yum! I saw a Blaze Pizza right after I had eaten lunch at the Panera one day on a trip to downtown Toronto! I told my husband I was kicking myself as I could have had a Disney esque lunch instead! Looks so good. I want to try it on our next trip! I’m torn between trying that, D-Luxe Burger, or Chicken Guy on our arrival day for a QS dinner!

Just got an email from BMO mastercard, if I shop at 3 places in September (spend at least $20) I can earn 500 AM! Seems to have to be 3 different partners, lists Rexall, Sobeys, Shell, Metro, Rona, Lowes, Staples and Global Petfoods. I'm all in for this offer!

Jeez, I never get these BMO offers.

Oh god! I just looked harder and this email is to my DH! Ugh. He had a BMO AM card a long time ago when I card churning for miles. I'm the only one with the card now.

Anyone still have the gold BMO Mastercard Air MIles card that give 1.5x points ? I'm thinking it is time to give BMO a call and switch to the 2x card with no annual fee.

I never get any offers.

What card does everyone have that are getting these offers?

Last edited:
Just got an email from BMO mastercard, if I shop at 3 places in September (spend at least $20) I can earn 500 AM! Seems to have to be 3 different partners, lists Rexall, Sobeys, Shell, Metro, Rona, Lowes, Staples and Global Petfoods. I'm all in for this offer!

Got this one too! :dogdance:

So, what I find funny about the BMO offer is this.....my email says:

As a valued BMO employee,
a big Bonus could be coming your way this fall.

All you need to do is use your BMO®† AIR MILES® World Elite®*
Mastercard®* to make an eligible purchase of $10 or more at

Don't forget, you get 1 Mile for every $10
spent on your BMO AIR MILES World Elite Mastercard2.

Apparently, since everyone seemed to get this offer, we are ALL valued BMO employees, LOL.

Anyone still have the gold BMO Mastercard Air MIles card that give 1.5x points ? I'm thinking it is time to give BMO a call and switch to the 2x card with no annual fee.

I never get any offers.

What card does everyone have that are getting these offers?

We have the BMO world elite card. We just got it in spring when there was a bonus for signing up...but of course it was AFTER the spring AM promo :sad2: But at least I received the email off as well :banana:. The card is in the hubby's name...but we used my AM to link to the card. So I wasn't sure we would receive the email...but it came through a little while ago

Update on Miss Fresh: My bonus 500 air miles posted with a date of August 13th. I changed my meals to be delivered on August 24th instead of the 21st, so that posting date was approx. 1 week before they were originally supposed to be delivered, so I assume it was when the order was submitted.

I ordered 3 vegetarian meals because I wasn't sure how quickly I would get around to making them, and I didn't want meat-based meals.

Overall, I am quite happy with the results. Regular price, these 6 servings (3 meals for 2 people) would have been $67, so $22ish a meal, and my hubby and I pay just over $20 for our standard sandwich order at Subway. So to me, a great option to fast food for 2 people.

Small issue with the delivery: Insulated box was cold upon delivery from FedEx, with 2 ice packs inside and all the baggies and containers of food inside so that was fine. The bag of loose green peas had ripped open, and several had spilled into the box. I saved most of them remaining inside the baggie, and they were fine for the recipe. I sent a quick email to Miss Fresh suggesting for future peas they could pack them a different way, and they thanked me for the suggestion and provided a few credit dollars toward my next order.

My only real complaint is a minor one. It was a bit hard to eat all 6 servings myself!! (Hubby doesn't eat much variety). I bought these to make for nights I'm eating by myself due to our schedules, and I would have to pick meals I can make and freeze if I do that again. I will try 3 different meals on Sept. 11th, as my sister is visiting and can help me eat them. =) (Oh, and there was a bit too much zucchini provided, and also I didn't make the rice to go with the tostadas).

View attachment 347343 View attachment 347344 View attachment 347345
Seriously nice looking entrees. Just like the photos.

I just have the regular BMO card.

we'd love to help get your fall off to a rewarding start.

Rogers_HLine.png
BMO_card_NOFEE_E.png
Rogers_HLine.png

All you need to do is use your BMO®† AIR MILES® Mastercard®*
to make an eligible purchase of $20 or more at

39301_BMO_3_Participating_Partners_ENG.png

Plus, get 2x the Miles for every $20 spent at the same Partners.

You get 1 Mile for every $20 spent on your BMO AIR MILES Mastercard elsewhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter