Am I the Only One Who Thinks Disney is Failing In Its Progression Vs. Universal

Chiming in, I also found the food expensive. It was $10 for just a chicken sandwich, no fries or drink. Maybe I went to the wrong place, but whatever.

While I didn't find it filthy, I did find it dirtier than WDW.

Not sure where you ate, but I find the prices on food at US comparable with those at Disney. For instance, if I purchase a hamburger and fries for myself and my daughter at Pecos Bills or the American Pavillion in Epcot, it normally runs me around $16. If I purchase the same thing in the Jurassic Park pavillion at IOA it is also about $16.

I have never found US to be dirty. Of course, you may go into a counter service restaurant during a peak period and see tables that have not been cleaned off. That happens at Disney as well. People often don't bus their trash and the people working in the restaurants just can't keep up. Other than that, I don't believe US is dirty at all.

I live between WDW and US properties. It takes me about ten minutes to get to either. I have APs to both and go to both on a regular basis (several times a month). If there were this glaring differences between the parks, I'd see them. Both Disney and US take very good care of their parks considering that they are both open 365 days a year and are very busy.

Can you prove it isn't true? It's an OPINION

I've only been to US once, back in 2002 when we did our first Disney visit. Been back to Disney countless times since, never set foot in US again. Of course things may have changed in 8 long years but my opinion of US (and epically IOA) was the same of the PP. Dirty, filthy and full of people who were those things plus on top of that rude. We witnessed trash on the ground in general and in cue's, rude workers, poor food quality, smoking in line and even got to see a grown man shove a woman out of the way to get his picture with Spiderman. While these things can (and do) happen at Disney as well we saw it much more prevailant at US and it ruined the parks for us. Will I ever go back? Maybe, probably not, they had their shot with me and it was ruined. I have a list of hundreds of other places I'd rather visit before trying US again.

But does that mean it isn't for everyone, no. I don’t get people who go to the beach every year for vacation, they don't get why I go to WDW ever year. But I don't make your paycheck, I'm certainly not going to tell you where to spend it. Nor will I call you an inferior human being if your opinion does not align directly with mine.

Wow, you saw so many bad things on 1 trip! In all the times we've been to Uni/IOA we've never seen any of that.

I did almost touch poop on the toilet tisue dispenser several times at WDW.

I did see a dad punch his daughter in the MK.

I do see people smoking in non designated smoking areas in all 4 WDW parks.

I have had a few experiences with rude WDW CMs- the worse was at DHS where one screwed up my AP and then yelled at me and called me a liar.

Oh and I've seen way more butt cheeks at WDW than I have at Uni-please people most of you don't have the bodies to wear short shorts, put on some clothes and hide that mess!

Those are off the top of my head. I could come up with more if I sit and think about it. None of these have kept us away from going there at least 2x a year.

IMO, the UNI haters go there with preconceived notions of what they'll find. It's like "My kid is better than your kid." Narrow minded and dumb- why not be open to enjoying both?

Interesting OP and many replies.

I don't find Universal that innovative. Fair enough they have updated attractions but how long will these rides be relevant. Nobody will remember the Mummy and Shrek movies in ten years as they aren't great. Simpsons could be off the television in that time too. What's the point in WDW splashing out cash for rides that nobody will be able to relate to in 10/15 years. Adding these rides has actually forced them to remove 3 classic movie rides in King Kong, BTTF and Hitcock. To me this removes some of the magic, which Disney has in abundance.

Disney on the other hand has added rides which may not be extreme or as fast, but are more long term and memorable. Soarin will almost certainly be as popular in 20 years time, and I'm sure kids (and big kids) will always enjoy the princesses and fairies that will be at pixie hollow, as people always have done.

Interesting OP and many replies.

I don't find Universal that innovative. Fair enough they have updated attractions but how long will these rides be relevant. Nobody will remember the Mummy and Shrek movies in ten years as they aren't great. Simpsons could be off the television in that time too. What's the point in WDW splashing out cash for rides that nobody will be able to relate to in 10/15 years. Adding these rides has actually forced them to remove 3 classic movie rides in King Kong, BTTF and Hitcock. To me this removes some of the magic, which Disney has in abundance.

Disney on the other hand has added rides which may not be extreme or as fast, but are more long term and memorable. Soarin will almost certainly be as popular in 20 years time, and I'm sure kids (and big kids) will always enjoy the princesses and fairies that will be at pixie hollow, as people always have done.

Universal keeps evolving and that is attractive.
The classics at WDW are comfortable but sometimes comfortable is boring.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter