Amanda & Eric 03/03/10- WP/WHP/Sago Cay Centerpiece Ideas!

I think WCC is much cheaper than Ohana's..I am not sure but I think Lisa had a dinner at Ohana's and it was $$$$$$!! I will see if she can come over here and give you the details.

If it isn't in the budget, it isn't in the budget. Don't go broke trying to impress people ...I would be very happy just being invited to a WDW wedding and reception..I wouldn't expect the bride and groom to do something that would cut too far into their funds.

I agree..if MIL wants it, it is typically the grooms parents that pay for the rehearsal dinner.

Ok, ewww as I was about to type this I bit into a bone in my JC Beef Chow Mein...ewww.

Back to the welcome dinner. I completely agree that you guys put into it what you would have paid for the small intimate dinner and let your MIL pay for the rest. If she wants a big dinner than it is her responsibility to come up with the money to make it that.

I like the idea of the Library Room at WL. Wouldn't that make the boys' trip LOL:rotfl: I think two dessert parties is a little much but dinner at Epcot would be fun. Would that work for guests who don't have tickets? (you know...the crazy people:lmao:)

HI! I had my rehersal dinner at Ohana and it was wonderful! You can get the first seating and they are soo attentive. The cost is $30.99 per person and our bill was around $800 or $900! It was steap, but we really wanted to thank everyone for coming. We had (I think) 25 adults and some kids. It was really great! We didn't pay for drinks. Everyone got one at the bar when we were waiting for our table and since we didn't have any big drinkers no one ordered any with dinner. My friends knew we were not paying for drinks so it wasn't really an issue. I got Mikkel to do a grooms cake that was out of this world! She is fabulous! I also liked doing it at Ohana since it is on the monorail and everyone could find it easy!

How much was you MIL planning on spending?

#1 I LOVE your shoes
#2 All those ideas sound fantastic for a rehearsal dinners sound fantastic!

Have you decided between epcot/sago cay yet?

No...I think they both sound great, lol. I originally liked EPCOT but we decided to keep everything at GF.

I think WCC is much cheaper than Ohana's..I am not sure but I think Lisa had a dinner at Ohana's and it was $$$$$$!! I will see if she can come over here and give you the details.

If it isn't in the budget, it isn't in the budget. Don't go broke trying to impress people ...I would be very happy just being invited to a WDW wedding and reception..I wouldn't expect the bride and groom to do something that would cut too far into their funds.

I agree..if MIL wants it, it is typically the grooms parents that pay for the rehearsal dinner.

We are definitely not going to go over our budget. We had that talk...if she wants to chip in the rest that's fine. I will try and price out something reasonable and then see what she says.

Ok, ewww as I was about to type this I bit into a bone in my JC Beef Chow Mein...ewww.

Back to the welcome dinner. I completely agree that you guys put into it what you would have paid for the small intimate dinner and let your MIL pay for the rest. If she wants a big dinner than it is her responsibility to come up with the money to make it that.

I like the idea of the Library Room at WL. Wouldn't that make the boys' trip LOL:rotfl: I think two dessert parties is a little much but dinner at Epcot would be fun. Would that work for guests who don't have tickets? (you know...the crazy people:lmao:)

Ok first of all...eewww. I love my beef chow mein.

I liked the idea of the Library Room...its' where we ate!! I think the block off that room. Not sure it will hold all of us though.

I think 2 dessert parties is a bit much...but dinner would be fun, if I can do it less expensive. Either that or shoot for lunch somewhere instead. Not sure if MIL will go for that. This is the ONE thing she is asking for so I am ok compromising...to a point :goodvibes

HI! I had my rehersal dinner at Ohana and it was wonderful! You can get the first seating and they are soo attentive. The cost is $30.99 per person and our bill was around $800 or $900! It was steap, but we really wanted to thank everyone for coming. We had (I think) 25 adults and some kids. It was really great! We didn't pay for drinks. Everyone got one at the bar when we were waiting for our table and since we didn't have any big drinkers no one ordered any with dinner. My friends knew we were not paying for drinks so it wasn't really an issue. I got Mikkel to do a grooms cake that was out of this world! She is fabulous! I also liked doing it at Ohana since it is on the monorail and everyone could find it easy!

How much was you MIL planning on spending?
Thank you so much!!!

Wow...that sounds great but we are going to have closer to 40 people. I think no matter what we are looking at between $1000 and $1500. I think she mentioned something about $600 she paid for his brothers rehearsal dinner, plus what we chip in.

I saw that you can do something at Stormalong bay. I was thinking it might bet cheaper since we can do something a bit more casual. We love 'Ohana though.

Our rehearsal was in the morning so we did a rehearsal breakfast. Our rehearsal was at Yacht Club Convention Center (our ceremony was in Epcot) so we did the Cape May Cafe for our rehearsal breakfast. We were finished by 11:30 or so so everyone had the rest of the day to enjoy the parks if they wanted to (most everyone went to Epcot) or just hang out and relax. Our ceremony was the next morning at 9:00am so those that wanted to turn in early were able to.

Breakfast there is $18.99 so the price was not too bad. We also had the Tables in Wonderland card so we saved 20% off our bill. With the TIW card you are only supposed to get the discount for up to 10 people but we had 22 and they gave us the discount for our entire party so that was a great savings.

Linda

i'm going through the same struggle just about the DP. But when DF and I talked about it... for like an HOUR!!.... we decided on pretty much what betsy was saying... we dont need to impress any of our guests more than we already did with the ceremony and dinner. Dfi's parents have been to disney once so a day or two with us showing them the REAL disney is impressing enough... i mean lets face it! :lmao:

But i digress... i think doing a small casual thing would be the best way to go that way MIL and you guys can pitch in together and it won't be astronomical. Good luck with whatever you choose hun! :goodvibes I doubt people would be upset if there wasn't a welcome dinner

Just wanted to say...I've been lurking for a while and I love your colors, love your dress, love your shoes, love your plans! You are inspiring me in planning my own wedding!

Our rehearsal was in the morning so we did a rehearsal breakfast. Our rehearsal was at Yacht Club Convention Center (our ceremony was in Epcot) so we did the Cape May Cafe for our rehearsal breakfast. We were finished by 11:30 or so so everyone had the rest of the day to enjoy the parks if they wanted to (most everyone went to Epcot) or just hang out and relax. Our ceremony was the next morning at 9:00am so those that wanted to turn in early were able to.

Breakfast there is $18.99 so the price was not too bad. We also had the Tables in Wonderland card so we saved 20% off our bill. With the TIW card you are only supposed to get the discount for up to 10 people but we had 22 and they gave us the discount for our entire party so that was a great savings.

Linda

Oh that's a good idea. I am starting to wonder if MIL would be ok with a breakfast. Df and I talked about it tonight and agreed to talk with her when they get back from vacation. If she wants to spend the money then fine, but we already budgeted a certain amount.

Thanks again for the info!

i'm going through the same struggle just about the DP. But when DF and I talked about it... for like an HOUR!!.... we decided on pretty much what betsy was saying... we dont need to impress any of our guests more than we already did with the ceremony and dinner. Dfi's parents have been to disney once so a day or two with us showing them the REAL disney is impressing enough... i mean lets face it! :lmao:

But i digress... i think doing a small casual thing would be the best way to go that way MIL and you guys can pitch in together and it won't be astronomical. Good luck with whatever you choose hun! :goodvibes I doubt people would be upset if there wasn't a welcome dinner
I know...I'm not too worried about "impressing" people...I think MIL is more worried about offending people...that it would be bad etiquette to not invited them to something.

I love the shoes! How high are the heels?
2.5" I didn't want something too tall. Df hates it when I'm as tall as him :rotfl:

Just wanted to say...I've been lurking for a while and I love your colors, love your dress, love your shoes, love your plans! You are inspiring me in planning my own wedding!
Aww thank you!!:goodvibes

I know...I'm not too worried about "impressing" people...I think MIL is more worried about offending people...that it would be bad etiquette to not invited them to something.

you are inviting them to the wedding and reception silly! Don't try to make everyone happy..you end up not getting what you want just so everyone has a good time, and this is your day (or maybe Eric's :rotfl:)

I know what you mean about trying to include everyone, but you can never make EVERYONE happy. I do like the idea of getting some bottles of wine and drinks and having a pool party. That would be casual and a fun way to have a meet and greet. What hotel are you staying in? You could go to Boardwalk Bakery and get some desserts and have that. It doesn't need to be formal.

just some ideas...

you are inviting them to the wedding and reception silly! Don't try to make everyone happy..you end up not getting what you want just so everyone has a good time, and this is your day (or maybe Eric's :rotfl:)

Lol :lmao:

I know what you mean about trying to include everyone, but you can never make EVERYONE happy. I do like the idea of getting some bottles of wine and drinks and having a pool party. That would be casual and a fun way to have a meet and greet. What hotel are you staying in? You could go to Boardwalk Bakery and get some desserts and have that. It doesn't need to be formal.

just some ideas...

That's a good idea too. We are staying at Port Orleans for the first half of our trip. Thanks for the suggestion!

Don't worry about having to keep people entertained 24/7, and certainly don't worry about impressing them. Jack and I are choosing stuff (food, songs, music, decorations) that we like, it's our wedding after all.

As for welcome/leaving meals, I think we'll have an Ohana welcome meal and also a realyl casual breakfast after the wedding.

As our guests will have to book far out so I'll ask if they're interested with Ohana (like 120 days out) but make it very clear if they want to enjoy WDW at that time and not commit themselves to another appointment then we will not be offended if it ends up jsut being 2 of us the reservation is for!

I know the reason they are coming to WDW is for our wedding, but most of them are taking valuable time off work and I only want to take one day out of their trips if they are keen to see a lot of the parks, so you never know, your guests might not want lots of different events to have to attend.

Don't worry about having to keep people entertained 24/7, and certainly don't worry about impressing them. Jack and I are choosing stuff (food, songs, music, decorations) that we like, it's our wedding after all.

As for welcome/leaving meals, I think we'll have an Ohana welcome meal and also a realyl casual breakfast after the wedding.

As our guests will have to book far out so I'll ask if they're interested with Ohana (like 120 days out) but make it very clear if they want to enjoy WDW at that time and not commit themselves to another appointment then we will not be offended if it ends up jsut being 2 of us the reservation is for!

I know the reason they are coming to WDW is for our wedding, but most of them are taking valuable time off work and I only want to take one day out of their trips if they are keen to see a lot of the parks, so you never know, your guests might not want lots of different events to have to attend.

That was MY point. Df and I agreed that it's probably their vacation and I don't want to hog all their time. Like I said, if MIL wants to have it, then fine. I think they are viewing this as a mini-reunion too :rolleyes: so they wanted to plan a meal together...on the night before our wedding. I love my MIL, she doesn't normally do stuff like this!

If you decide to have a welcome event I like the idea of a breakfast or an informal beach party - it will be something different to the wedding day itself (so the meal and fireworks will be more special) and it should be cheaper :thumbsup2 If you do book something, make sure you know that everyone will be attending, you don't want to shell out for people who decide to go to the parks instead!

By the way I LOVE the shoes! It's amazing that they can match your colour so well.

If you decide to have a welcome event I like the idea of a breakfast or an informal beach party - it will be something different to the wedding day itself (so the meal and fireworks will be more special) and it should be cheaper :thumbsup2 If you do book something, make sure you know that everyone will be attending, you don't want to shell out for people who decide to go to the parks instead!

By the way I LOVE the shoes! It's amazing that they can match your colour so well.

Well we have talked about a few options...one being nixing the dessert party the night of the wedding to have it the night before. If we do this, we would love to have Cali Grill for the reception but our WP said it was tentatively booked. We really need to wait until DMIL comes home to discuss it.

We did some wedding stuff last night including review our budget. I get nervous because we don't use credit cards for ANYTHING so I wanted to be sure we were on the right track. We are :cool1:

We also discussed centerpieces!! We have decided we like the idea of carnations. I will post our favorite ideas. I still love the idea of feathers but they don't seem appropriate for WHP.

white%2Bcarnation%2Bcenterpieces.jpg

3168153934_a5c0b918b4.jpg

diningflowers.jpg

nancy_post2_image11.jpg

The carnations look fantastic as center pieces! I think the DP the night before isn't a bad idea. I know a lot of people would rather wait for their wedding night (for photography I guess) but if you are not planning on having photography, it doesn't matter anyway! I was sent some great hor derve menus for Epcot, with reasonable prices!

That's great that you are on track with your budget! I hope I can stay that way as well!:rotfl:

great job keeping on budget, I am always worrying about money so glad you guys are doing well with it! The centerpieces are really pretty

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter