Amanda & Eric 03/03/10- WP/WHP/Sago Cay Centerpiece Ideas!

wow! the shoes look fabulous and that box is really pretty!!!

The shoes look great. Everything goes together so well. nice work :thumbsup2

Love the shoes!! The box came out cute.

Thanks girls!!

So Df just talked to his mom (they are out of town) and mentioned that we wanted the rehearsal dinner to just be the bridal party and parents...she was having none of that. She insisted that we need to invite everyone and that they were paying for it (until she found out how much). So our thought it now that we will probably split it with them.

I need ideas!!!

Thanks girls!!

So Df just talked to his mom (they are out of town) and mentioned that we wanted the rehearsal dinner to just be the bridal party and parents...she was having none of that. She insisted that we need to invite everyone and that they were paying for it (until she found out how much). So our thought it now that we will probably split it with them.

I need ideas!!!

Do you not want to do it at 'Ohana anymore? I liked that idea (although it seems I get sick every time I go there...hmmm....:confused:). Is the group too big to do it there if you invite everyone? I am clueless obviously:rotfl:

Those shoes look fantastic!! Are they really dyed??? They did a great job, they look as though they were made in that colour not dyed. The shade of blue is really beautiful, I have a formal dress in almost the exact same shade; it too looks different inside and outside. They look great with the tie and invites, really great work! :dance3: No suggestions for the rehearsal dinner I'm afraid, other than doing an Illuminations dessert party or Grand Floridian afternoon tea instead.

I like Friday 13th myself :goodvibes

The shoes look fab! So does the box.

For the rehearsal/welcome dinner what about doing it as an Epcot Dessert Party and then Sago Cay on the wedding day, that way you get to do both!

:love: I love your shoes!!!!!

All three things look amazing together! and the ceremony box is adorable! Good job girlie!

Do you not want to do it at 'Ohana anymore? I liked that idea (although it seems I get sick every time I go there...hmmm....:confused:). Is the group too big to do it there if you invite everyone? I am clueless obviously:rotfl:

No I do...I am just not sure about going there with FORTY people :rotfl: I really pictured a more intimate dinner. I guess that's out.

Those shoes look fantastic!! Are they really dyed??? They did a great job, they look as though they were made in that colour not dyed. The shade of blue is really beautiful, I have a formal dress in almost the exact same shade; it too looks different inside and outside. They look great with the tie and invites, really great work! :dance3: No suggestions for the rehearsal dinner I'm afraid, other than doing an Illuminations dessert party or Grand Floridian afternoon tea instead.
I can't believe how well they turned out either!! They are identical to the sample I sent them!!!

I like Friday 13th myself :goodvibes

The shoes look fab! So does the box.

For the rehearsal/welcome dinner what about doing it as an Epcot Dessert Party and then Sago Cay on the wedding day, that way you get to do both!
That's my thought too although Eric liked the idea of Mickey's Backyard BBQ. Mickey's BBQ is about $45 but includes alcohol. If we do 'Ohana then we have to figure out drinks too.

:love: I love your shoes!!!!!

All three things look amazing together! and the ceremony box is adorable! Good job girlie!

Thanks!!!

Wow, your PJ has gotten so big!!!:scared1: I'm so behind. I love the shoes! They look fabulous. Can I ask where you got your invites? I love them! :goodvibes Now I need to go catch up here!:laughing:

Wow, your PJ has gotten so big!!!:scared1: I'm so behind. I love the shoes! They look fabulous. Can I ask where you got your invites? I love them! :goodvibes Now I need to go catch up here!:laughing:

We bought the materials from Cards and Pockets and Lauren designed the actual invite. We are thinking about selling them on Etsy...after we are done with mine anyway!! Lol.

I believe that it is customary for the groom's family to pay for the rehearsal dinner (check out Emily Post). So, if you MIL is insisting on it, then SHE should pay for the thing.

If you want to pay for it, then what about a welcome breakfast instead? You wouldn't have to worry about alcohol that way either. :thumbsup2 If you wanted dinner, what about Trail's End? It is the cheapest buffet.

As for the DP, I would stick with Sago. If you move to Epcot, you will have the viewing fee and transportation fee (I'm thinking it will cost over $1000 just for that).

Breakfast is a good idea..keeps the alcohol down and then people wouldn't try to come to the rehearsal.

Yea I don't think my MIL is going to have any of that. She has her heart set on a big dinner for everyone. I told Df that we could split it with her...or something. Maybe chip in what we were going to spend on the rehearsal dinner with what they were going to pay and do it that way.

I am glad we had the conversation with her because I had no idea she wanted to do this. Live and learn!

The shoes are awesome :thumbsup2 Everything matches so well and it looks like it's coming together splendidly.

If MIL wants it I say MIL can pay for it :)

We really wanted to do a welcome dinner for our guests but since we were paying for our wedding ourseleves we just couldn't find it in the budget. Plus since we were doing an escape it didn't feel like a huge priority to have one- we felt a dinner after the wedding was more important. But my wonderful father decided he wanted that to be his treat and we were incredibly thankful and it turned out lovely.

My one question I had fo ryou is I htink you sen tout newsletters? What info did you have in there because I see you are still deciding on where you want your DP to be and it looked like Eric was still not set on the reception location? I would just be careful to send out info to guests on that type of stuff until you know 100% what you are doing there.

The shoes and invites look great! You and Lauren are much more crafty then I am.

If your MIL is set on doing things a specific way then I think she needs to foot the bill for that IMO.

Stuff like this is why it is so easy to go overbudget with Disney weddings. While the wedding is importnat is is just one day so sit down and decide with Eric what details are MOST important to the two OF YOU and spend your budget there and don't cave to what everyone else wants:goodvibes

Sorry I haven't been on much. Lots of stuff going on with work and personal.

I have been trying to quickly lurk and stay caught up but not much time for posting. I am home sick today so I thought I would stop by real quick.

Have fun planning!!:goodvibes

The shoes are awesome :thumbsup2 Everything matches so well and it looks like it's coming together splendidly.

Thanks!! I showed Df the shoes last night (against his will) and he loved them. I told them I need to wear them around the house.

Maybe your MIL seems it as her moment to shine :confused3

Maybe...she really isn't like that. I guess she kinda assumed we would have a welcome dinner for everyone.

If MIL wants it I say MIL can pay for it :)

We really wanted to do a welcome dinner for our guests but since we were paying for our wedding ourseleves we just couldn't find it in the budget. Plus since we were doing an escape it didn't feel like a huge priority to have one- we felt a dinner after the wedding was more important. But my wonderful father decided he wanted that to be his treat and we were incredibly thankful and it turned out lovely.

My one question I had fo ryou is I htink you sen tout newsletters? What info did you have in there because I see you are still deciding on where you want your DP to be and it looked like Eric was still not set on the reception location? I would just be careful to send out info to guests on that type of stuff until you know 100% what you are doing there.

The shoes and invites look great! You and Lauren are much more crafty then I am.

If your MIL is set on doing things a specific way then I think she needs to foot the bill for that IMO.

Stuff like this is why it is so easy to go overbudget with Disney weddings. While the wedding is importnat is is just one day so sit down and decide with Eric what details are MOST important to the two OF YOU and spend your budget there and don't cave to what everyone else wants:goodvibes

Sorry I haven't been on much. Lots of stuff going on with work and personal.

I have been trying to quickly lurk and stay caught up but not much time for posting. I am home sick today so I thought I would stop by real quick.

Have fun planning!!:goodvibes

YAY!! Hi:goodvibes

We are still deciding on the Dessert Party. I mentioned it in the Newsletter but it was very brief...just a mention. I think I will end up doing another Newsletter anyway, so if it's changes I will mention it again.

I know MIL really wants this...and to be honest it sounds like fun we just didn't want to spend the money. I have no problem chipping in what we were originally going to spend but she will have to make up the difference if she wants EVERYONE there.

A couple ideas I have:
Mickey's Backyard
The library Room at Wilderness Lodge (Whispering Canyon)
Stormalong Bay (more casual)
Dessert Party or Dinner at EPCOT
'Ohana

Not sure...we have plenty of time to talk about it.

OH and I am not crafty...lol apparently I'm just lucky!

#1 I LOVE your shoes
#2 All those ideas sound fantastic for a rehearsal dinners sound fantastic!

Have you decided between epcot/sago cay yet?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter