And so it begins - Updated with Photopass Pics Post 189 - 04/01/2010

i too have enjoyed reading your report. glad you are home safely..
Tracy

Thank you.

You should have come and said Hello - we were really hoping to meet some Dis's at some point during this trip. Maybe next time :thumbsup2

I didn't know it was you, I just remember seeing these two really cool ghosts at the party and only realised it was you from reading the trip report :goodvibes

Ahhhh the joys of Manchester airport - what a greeting for anyone coming to visit or return!

When we go at Christmas you are welcomed with a lovely Christmas tree at Orlando - sometimes even carolers - on return to Manchester there is never a bit of tinsel in sight :santa:

Ahhhh the joys of Manchester airport - what a greeting for anyone coming to visit or return!

When we go at Christmas you are welcomed with a lovely Christmas tree at Orlando - sometimes even carolers - on return to Manchester there is never a bit of tinsel in sight :santa:

It was a real eye-opener as to how we greet our own - or visitors - compared to the slick and smooth operation at MCO.
And, surprise surprise, there wasn't a single member of staff to complain to anywhere within the baggage hall or when we finally got out into the main building :headache:

Kenny, I've loved the updates and photos. It looks like you all had a great time. I even managed to get DH interested enough to peer over my shoulder.:rotfl:

Another person here who has loved your reports and will miss the daily updates. :goodvibes

A HUGE thank you for picking up the Disney Dollars for me. DIS friends are the best! :thumbsup2

I am glad you had a great time and thank you for sharing it with us. Just one question - are you booked for next year yet???

Kenny, I've loved the updates and photos. It looks like you all had a great time. I even managed to get DH interested enough to peer over my shoulder.:rotfl:

Hopefully interested enough to take you sometime soon :thumbsup2

Another person here who has loved your reports and will miss the daily updates. :goodvibes

A HUGE thank you for picking up the Disney Dollars for me. DIS friends are the best! :thumbsup2

No problem on the Disney Dollars. We were at DTD anyway so it really was no trouble. I'm just pleased I read your request the day before we came home or I would have bene kicking myself otherwise :rotfl2:

I am glad you had a great time and thank you for sharing it with us. Just one question - are you booked for next year yet???

We have a villa booked for next October but are wondering whether or not to change the dates so we can avoid disrupting the kids schooling.
As soon as we have something definate I will put an up to date ticker on my sig. :thumbsup2

Well our Photopass DVD has arrived so I thought I would share some of our favourites via this thread - as they were all taken on this trip.
Trying to keep the numbers down was challege as there was so many that we really liked - so I stuck to ones that would show off some of the Photopass effects for those that may not have seen what the Disney photographers can do yet.

I have tried to keep them in some sort of order, but please forgive me if it goes astray :)

Magic Kingdom

Taylor meets her hero
Image0010.jpg

One happy group
Image0027.jpg

Meeting the Mayor of Main Street - although Jack didn't seem that impressed
Image00741.jpg

An early morning at Crystal Palace - and an empty Main Street.
Image0139.jpg

What you found Jack??
Image0143.jpg

Today was our 19th wedding anniversary - and what a place to celebrate :lovestruc....
Image0167.jpg

...made extra special by our nearest and dearest
Image0191.jpg

Where else but at Disney would you agree to something like this :rotfl:
Image0218.jpg

Image0220.jpg

Image0225.jpg

Epcot

Image0103.jpg

And Dizzy came too
Image0113.jpg

Daz makes a new friend
Image0097.jpg

So I went and got one of my own
Image0543.jpg

Do you think they knew the camera was there?
Image0519.jpg

No trip to Florida is complete without Elaine getting a hug from Tigger
Image0524.jpg

Image0536.jpg

A lot of the time you have no idea what the photographer is posing you for until you see it online - as was the case with Caz and Daz here.
Image0571.jpg

Image0573.jpg

Cont....

Animal Kingdom

Image0395.jpg

For some reason Grandma always starts laughing when she meets the characters. I can never decide if it's nerves or excitement.
Image0431.jpg

Image0440.jpg

My girls :lovestruc
Image0476.jpg

Image0481.jpg

Jack was seriously confused when the photographer had him posing like this - and was then seriously gobsmacked when he saw the picture online
Image0491.jpg

Image0495.jpg

Hollywood Studios

Image0289.jpg

Image0304.jpg

This was me for quite a lot of the holiday
Image0314.jpg

Meeting the Main Mouse himself....
Image0320.jpg

Image0324.jpg

.... which some of us found quite exciting
Image0364.jpg

Using the pic above I cropped Jack and added a different border - making a whole new picture :thumbsup2
Image0363.jpg

Image0336.jpg

Image0346.jpg

Image0380.jpg

When snow White turned him down Daz decided to set his sights on something a little more realistic
Image0595.jpg

Image0604.jpg

Image0611.jpg

You never know who will pop up as you are walking round
Image0580.jpg

Cont....

A couple from Wilderness Lodge - after our anniversary dinner in Whispering Canyon

Image0237.jpg

Image0241.jpg

Image0245.jpg

The Christmas borders appeared on the Photopass site just a few days before our pictures expired
Image0258.jpg

Mickeys Not So Scarey Halloween Party

Taylor and Jack after their transformation at the Pirates League
Image0616.jpg

Image0619.jpg

Image0633.jpg

Image0638.jpg

Brad does his best Undertaker stare
Image0650.jpg

Image0655.jpg

Image0662.jpg

A once in a blue moon opportunity
Image0677.jpg

Image0700.jpg

Image0683.jpg

Image0699.jpg

Image0711.jpg

Joining the Hitchhikers
Image0720.jpg

Image0723.jpg

Image0740.jpg

Image0745.jpg

Image0761.jpg

Image0796.jpg

Cont....

And finally a couple that we had taken at the studio in Old Town.
We chose the Wild West - but there were lots of other options to choose from.

Taylor
scan0001.jpg

Bradley - he asked if he could hold the pint :rotfl2:
scan0002.jpg

scan0003.jpg

Me and my Southern Belle
scan0005.jpg

The family
scan0004.jpg

And that is about it for now.
Hope you like them :thumbsup2

Kenny, Elaine, Brad, Taylor, Grandma, Daz, Caz and Jack

Brilliant kenny, thank you for sharing. Sounds like the same thing happened to you as it did with us, just before ours expired they added new borders.

Great photo's, liked the way you used some to crop and add different borders.

They have very very good ballons there don't they? :rotfl:

Were you just lucky with all the special photo's (i.e the balloons or Simba) or is there someway of them doing it regardless? Is it something you have to ask for? We only got the one with Lilo breaking through the floor and that was *** the photographer offered.

See ya soon

Thanks for the comments. We were very pleased with the way most of them turned out and would definately recommend Photopass to others. At the end of the day it is a free service, unless you decide to buy the disc at the end of it of course.

Were you just lucky with all the special photo's (i.e the balloons or Simba) or is there someway of them doing it regardless? Is it something you have to ask for? We only got the one with Lilo breaking through the floor and that was *** the photographer offered.

We had seen a few examples of what was available, so everytime we met a photopass photographer we asked if they had any special effects that they could do. Some would say yes, but if they didn't they would direct us to someone who could. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter