And so it begins - Updated with Photopass Pics Post 189 - 04/01/2010

Texas de Brazil looks really good. I went on their website but I cant see any prices. How expensive is it?

The price for 4 of us - and one of us was half price as DD is 11 - was around about £140.
That included as much food as you could eat and all drinks. I don't know if that included alcoholic drinks or not though as we all drank soft ones.

were people really running around away from the scary people we want to do this next year but im such a wimp

Yes they were. It was definately in their job description to make you jump and chase you if they could - but they aren't allowed to touch you.
They do get very close though, and it's amazing how many of them catch you out. One minute you are walking down the street with someone just ahead of you and on the sidewalk - then they turn around just inches from your face and they are some sort of blood eating cannabalistic zombie.
Talk about jumping out of your skin - it's ACE :thumbsup2

We also suffered from the 'domino effect' as well. We were all watching and laughing at someone being chased. Then Sis started laughing at DW who was about to jump as a CM had crept up behind her - then as Sis turned around there was a zombie behind her which made her jump. It's almost like it is planned and it works brilliantly - and it made me think twice about looking behind me when I saw someone jump :eek:

Sounds like you managed quite a bit at USF/IOA for your last full day :)

We did. We had a list of everyones favourites and made sure we did them before we tried to fit anything else in. The parks being quiet also helped.

Loved reading this report and seeing your photos :thumbsup2
so whens your next wdw holiday planned for??:surfweb:

Saturday 31st October - Time for home.

An early morning for all as we had to get out of the villa and to DTD for check in.
All of our bags - 14 of them in total - were below the weight so we were pleased about that. In fact some of ours were only 12kg or so.
We got the seats we wanted, in the mini cabin just behind PE, and were told to be at the airport for about 8pm as boarding would begin at 9.05pm and security could be busy.

After grabbing some breakfast we went off to DTD to do a last bit of shopping, while SIS, BIL, DS, Jack and Grandma went to DQ. We all met up again after a couple of hours with a plan to go to I-Drive and get some go-karting and other fun stuff done.

IMG_3063.jpg

IMG_3061.jpg

IMG_3075.jpg

IMG_3081.jpg

As we were all getting a bit hungry now we headed off to Friendlys as we had had good meals there previously and today didn't disappoint. They do a deal where you can choose a meal, a drink and an ice-cream all for under $10 which is exceptional value for what you get. I can't remember everything we had but here are a couple of pics anyway.

IMG_3085.jpg

Deluxe Cheeseburger 'Set Up'
IMG_3086.jpg

Create Your Own Chicken Basket
IMG_3087.jpg

Grilled Cheese
IMG_3088.jpg

Time was now ticking on and we had to have the cars back by 6pm so we decided to head off to the airport. The cars were handed over with no dramas and we were soon inside the airport and getting changed and freshened up. It was at this point that we noticed the information board and that our flight was showing scheduled, on time, at 8.40pm - much earlier than the 9.55pm time we had been given.
DW checked with the information desk and they confirmed an 8.40pm departure time so we picked up the pace to get through security and to the gate.
Once at the gate the boards there said the same and that boarding would begin at 7.50pm.
This time came and went with no sign of any of the Virgin staff. It was mildy amusing watching all the people rushing up to the desk with a sweat on as they thought they had missed their flight only to discover that it hadn't even started boarding yet. When Virgin staff finally arrived they made an announcement that the airport screens were wrong and that had no control over them, and that the time we had been given at DTD was the correct one.
And so at 8.45pm we started boarding and by 9.55pm were in the air and on the way home.
We all tried to sleep - with varying degrees of success - and ended up landing early at 8.55am as opposed to 9.40am.
This suited us perfectly as the first train out of Manchester for us was at 10.45am. We were through immigration and in the baggage hall by 9.15am giving us an hour and a half before our train. Loads of time you would think - but then we hadn't banked on the usual British way of doing things.
Time ticked on and our carousel stood empty - while other flights after ours were coming down the steps from immigration, straight to their bags and away.
Announcements were made giving some excuse about our flight arriving early so they weren't ready for us but this began to wear thin after an hour. Eventually some bags did start to appear, but they were 20 or so at a time and then nothing for 5 or 10 minutes. It really did feel like someone was taking the mick and patience was running out - not just with me of course but everyone else waiting.
Finally when all our bags had arrived our train had long gone - so we were now resigned to waiting until 12.55 for the next one, some 2 hours after we had expected to leave. Not ideal considering the tired nature of everyone and I personally blame Manchester airport. Nothing - in my mind - can justify making people wait nearly 2 hours for bags from a plane that had been sat on the tarmac for that long. Rant over - for now.

The train journey home was uneventful - though was a bit rushed at the begining as we struggled to get 14 bags on the train while some jobsworth on the platform was telling us to 'hurry, you must speed up as the train is already late and you are delaying it further, come on, hurry hurry, quick get on before the doors shut and it goes without you' only for it to sit on the platform for at least another 2 minutes after the doors shut while we sat and watched this little ***** gather up the pound coins from our 6 trolleys and walk away whistling a happy little tune. Bless his cotton socks.

Anyway we eventually got home to all the usual unpacking and jetlag - the details of which I will not bore you with.

We have had a fantastic holiday - with many more memories built for us all to treasure.
Sis, BIL and Jack seemed to enjoy their first trip and I wouldn't be surprised if we saw them making plans to go back as soon as they can.
Grandma also enjoyed herself - even more so because she had hired a mobility scooter so the usual aches and pains were kept at bay and she could keep up with the pace of things even more.
Photopass has nearly 500 pics for us to go through and I will share some of those once we get them delivered - but for now I would like to thank those of you who stook with me to the end, and a special thank you for those who took the time to post comments and replies.
It makes it worth while when you know that people appreciate the time it takes to put one of these together - as many of you have done in the past. :worship:

IMG_2055.jpg

i have just got back,from mexico today & have sat & read this post,from beginning to end.
what a fantastic & enjoyable report:)
it looked & felt,like you all had a great time & i have thoroughly enjoyed,reading all about it.
thanks for posting,
tracy

oh no it cant be over go back and write more and take me with you lol

I've loved every minute!!

You have brought a smile to every lunchtime, as I catch up with what you've all been up to.
:thumbsup2

I have so enjoyed reading this. I'm almost as disappointed as you that it is over!
Shame about Manchester Airport.

Thanks again for taking the time & trouble to write.

while we sat and watched this little ***** gather up the pound coins from our 6 trolleys and walk away whistling a happy little tune. Bless his cotton socks.

I bet he does that all the time! :headache:

I've enjoyed reading your report Kenny!

Like Netty said When is the next trip?? :goodvibes

Thanks for all the replies and comments. They really were very much appreciated. :cloud9:

I've enjoyed reading your report Kenny!

Like Netty said When is the next trip?? :goodvibes

Up to now we have a villa booked for next October but we aren't finalizing things yet for a couple of reasons.
DD starts secondary school next year so any plans we make will have to take that into account.
And I also need to know what the rota is for my new job. I go off-shore for 2 weeks starting next Wednesday so will hopfully find out what the year ahead holds sometime during the next fortnight :thumbsup2

:sad2:This is always the first post I look for when on here - very sad its ended but extremely grateful for all your efforts in putting together such an amazing record of your amazing holiday:banana:

I hope that when we get back from our trip I can do a tenth as good!:rotfl2:

Thankyou :thumbsup2

S x

I'm also sad it's finished. Thanks for taking time out of your holiday to update it everyday.

I can't wait for Kenny, Dizzy & Co's next adventure. :thumbsup2

I haven't had a chance to read all of the trip report yet as we're only just back ourselves but we were at MNSSHP on the same night as you and saw you walking around. We thought your costumes were brilliant :thumbsup2

I haven't had a chance to read all of the trip report yet as we're only just back ourselves but we were at MNSSHP on the same night as you and saw you walking around. We thought your costumes were brilliant :thumbsup2

Thank you.

You should have come and said Hello - we were really hoping to meet some Dis's at some point during this trip. Maybe next time :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter