• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any RUMORS About Rules Being Lifted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully the mask mandate indoors will end soon. Coming to visit next week. I think Universal will be first...and then Disney will follow suit a few days later. My insider is telling me that Universal is meeting today to talk about when to lift the indoor mask mandate in Orlando...as soon as this weekend...but no decision made yet.
Hope it happens, we are going to Universal in the first week of March

Orange County, however, DOES plan to follow CA and lift that indoor mask mandate on 2/15. This means Disneyland CAN, if they want to. No one knows yet if/when they will. My guess is when all their CMs have submitted the required proof of vaccination, now that Disney has decided to move forward with that requirement.

To date, LA county has said they will keep it in place until hospitalizations decline.

This means Universal Holllywood will still have it (and there it is indoors AND outdoors) so at least one Universal property will continue because they have no choice.

Sorry I was referring to Orange county FLORIDA :)

You won't find an answer here.

My suggestion is your friend not book until things are more settled.

We had one trip booked when masks were required but by time we went they were not. Next trip booked when they were not required by time we went they were. Disney will likely make an overnight decision with just a few days notice.
Makes sense. :)

Hopefully the mask mandate indoors will end soon. Coming to visit next week. I think Universal will be first...and then Disney will follow suit a few days later. My insider is telling me that Universal is meeting today to talk about when to lift the indoor mask mandate in Orlando...as soon as this weekend...but no decision made yet.

I tend to lean in this way of thinking as well. Universal will do it first. How far Disney is behind in that decision is anybody's guess. They will see a major surge in bookings, so that could convince them to follow suit. Maybe we could book for our guest everything that can be refunded and wait on the non-refundables.

Lots of good theories here. While maybe splitting hairs, no one is saying anyone could NOT wear a mask if they desired. Meaning wearing of mask will continue after the pandemic as a personal choice is my belief. Anyone feeling a mask would make them safer for any sorts of reasons would be welcome to wear it, in the parks or elsewhere.

BINGO! That is what I am hoping they do; allow the individual to decide for themselves based upon their comfort level.

I was kind of watching the news last night, and I think California was one of the states lifting mask mandates soon…. If California is going to do that, it seems like Florida would also (but Florida wasn’t one of the states mentioned). Like I said, I was only kind of paying attention so not sure of the whole story.

For vaccinated in California. Honor system doesn’t work well.

I wouldn't expect it just yet as Floridas numbers are still quite high. But I def think Universal would be the first and then Disney would probably follow shortly after.

As an attorney, I have to believe that Disney's legal department has instructed the Parks division that there is no way we are lifting indoor masking until the CDC gives us cover to do it. Disney's liability insurer is probably demanding it and the driving force behind it. The legal department has to recommend whatever remediation efforts because the liability exposure is so great with outbreaks. Remember Disney has had outbreak concerns at DL in 2014 with measles (a virus) and in 2018 with Legionnaire's disease (a bacterial infection).

Measles, BTW, is one of the most dangerous viruses in the world because if you think COVID spreads fast, you ain't seen nothing like the measles transmission rate. Hoo boy!

As an attorney, I have to believe that Disney's legal department has instructed the Parks division that there is no way we are lifting indoor masking until the CDC gives us cover to do it. Disney's liability insurer is probably demanding it and the driving force behind it. The legal department has to recommend whatever remediation efforts because the liability exposure is so great with outbreaks. Remember Disney has had outbreak concerns at DL in 2014 with measles (a virus) and in 2018 with Legionnaire's disease (a bacterial infection).

Measles, BTW, is one of the most dangerous viruses in the world because if you think COVID spreads fast, you ain't seen nothing like the measles transmission rate. Hoo boy!
Although, maybe the insurance company's have COVID fatigue too and have told legal let it rip?

I think it has to do with keeping the whole company on the same guidelines, so they had WDW follow DL guidelines easier that way

https://www.wfla.com/news/florida/u...ing-mask-mandate-for-fully-vaccinated-guests/

Universal Orlando Resort announced they will no longer require fully vaccinated guests to wear face coverings at indoor or outdoor venues, effective Saturday, Feb 12th
That begs the question what is "fully vaccinated"? Does that mean two rounds if the vaccine you got has two? What about booster? Are you "fully vaccinated" if you have had both rounds but not the booster? What if it's been a year since you had your second round and you didn't get a booster? Do you now need to get a booster or are you fully vaccinated? I'm thinking the first vaccines started around March so this is going to come into play soon. Makes you scratch your head and go hmmmmm.

That begs the question what is "fully vaccinated"? Does that mean two rounds if the vaccine you got has two? What about booster? Are you "fully vaccinated" if you have had both rounds but not the booster? What if it's been a year since you had your second round and you didn't get a booster? Do you now need to get a booster or are you fully vaccinated? I'm thinking the first vaccines started around March so this is going to come into play soon. Makes you scratch your head and go hmmmmm.
It says unvaccinated are encouraged to wear masks indoors, so it won't be policed at all.

Not jabbing at you specifically, but this is what happens when the ivory tower law form lawyers want to sound intelligent in justifying their insane billable hourly rates.

Meanwhile, the lawyers who actually try cases and go in courtrooms laugh at these sentiments.

How would one possibly prove causation? How would a guest prove they contracted covid at disney while indoors? They could have gotten it at work before their trip. They could have gotten it on the plane. They could have gotten it in their hotel. Or at dinner at an unrelated restaurant. And that but for that mask mandate, they would not have contracted it?

what about a responsoble third party (guest)?

what about assumption of risk (going to a public place)?

what about damages - seeing as 99.9% of people recover fine with little to no inicdent?

the reality here is that as long as they are following state and local mandates, there isbasocally zero risk of liability to someone like Disney.

it sounds intelligent to insinuate otherwise, but its not the courtroom reality. Its just not. Even in tort-friendly california.

again, this is not a jab at you, so sorry if i offended you... ALL non-tort lawyers do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter