Any sign of your guidebook?!

Debs Hill

DIS Veteran
Has anyone had their new DVC guidebook yet?! I thought it arrived in October last year but no sign of the new one yet!
Debsx

I was wondering where it was too. soon there will be so many dvc resorts it the book will be extra thick!!

Susan

Nothing here yet, but then we're usually pretty late to get the stuff.

No one has received them on the US DVC boards either. Since we would most likely receive them over here first, I think it will be a while before you see them.

I agree, we should have seen something by now. Maybe they are delayed because of the new DVC announcements (Disneyland and Hawaii) They might be planning on sending us something announcing these properties along with the points book. I would watch the US DVC boards for word on this, as we will most likely see them soon.

MS told me last week that they would be sent out in December.

Hopefully it will be here before Xmas!!!! Don't remember it being this late last year!!!
DEbsx

Thanks to the OP! I was just about to post a similar question.
As a recent purchaser, I wondered how long it would be before we received our first handbook? I wouldn't even mind if it was last years and not totally up to date..I just want to drool over the photos!:blush:

Hi Lesley, somehow i get 3 of everything now so if you want last years book pm me and I can send it to you.

Bump!! Has anyone had their book yet? Was hoping that it would arrive before Xmas, but nothing yet!
Debsx

I received one a week ago(Scotland). Bearing in mind that we have just purchased and so are new owners.
Sorry if I am stating the obvious, but its a lilac/blue colour with "dream" on the front. I wonder if its the 2007 one because the cruise doesn't show point charts for 2008 althought the resorts do. Any ideas is this is the one you guys already have? Is there still a new one to come?

Sorry, I'm just catching up with this thread!
Thanks for the kind offer jjpenguin. That was really nice of you! As you may have just read, I'm now the proud owner of a handbook, even if it is about to be replaced.
Thanks again!:flower3:

Lesley,

I don't think that the "Dream" book is the guidebook the OP was referring to.

We were at WDW in July and were given the "Dream" book by our guide as part of the sales pitch. When our documents came out to us a couple of weeks ago we received a box file with all sorts of stuff in it. At the back was a guidebook with info on points for each of the resorts. It is very similar to the "Dream" book but is softback. It is last year's book though. Looking forward to receiving the new one soon.

John

Hi John,
Thanks for that. Oddly enough, I've just had someone phone me from DVC this evening, to see if my planner had arrived! I descibed the dreams book to him and he confirmed that it was the "sales" book and that my new planner was on its way. And here was I, quite chuffed with the "sales" book!
Something else to look forward to....as well as the add on we are mulling over....:lmao: We've got it BAD!!!!!

Lesley,
We had a phone call (which we missed) to check our planner had arrived just a day or two before this big box arrived from FedEx. I don't want to ruin the moment for you but it was exciting opening it up.
John

Oooh! I can't wait! I'll be like a kid on Christmas morning. If it arrives before th 25th, maybe I'll put it under the tree:rotfl2:
Merry Christmas everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter