any single parents

legs22,

It is Robin and I are that are the single moms doing the Panama Canal cruise.

MB Minnie Girl, I also wish my daughter was a little older for the excursions. She's 7, but I think she has to be 8 for the ones I want to do. :( If we really love it (DCL) though, we'll just have to rebook for some other time when she can join me on all the excursions!
:)
Have fun on your land/sea vacation.

Jin- I didn't realize there were two here doing the PC cruise! I had to look to see who Robin is (now I know it's moocow).
That's great that you'll know another single parent on the cruise so you have someone to do stuff with.:D

Originally posted by jin diesel
legs22,

MB Minnie Girl, I also wish my daughter was a little older for the excursions. She's 7, but I think she has to be 8 for the ones I want to do. :( If we really love it (DCL) though, we'll just have to rebook for some other time when she can join me on all the excursions!
:)
Have fun on your land/sea vacation.

Thanks jin diesel :D

What a MAGICal time you and your daughter will have on the cruise - big girl excursions or not ;) You all will LOVE it I'm sure and what a great cruise to start off with - I can't wait to hear all about it! Save up - my money is on you booking your next cruise while on board!

Maddie LOVES anything daring. I call her my little dare devil! ::yes:: She is only 4 but loves to surf with my dad in the ocean, and will ride anything they will let her on at amusement parks...that includes HUGE 13 story water slides at our local water park. Being a single mom - you know what that means...yup - my butt has to shoot right down those slides with her :eek: So I KNOW she will just love the jet skiing, parasailing and so on....guess I'd better start saving the big bucks now huh?!

I still really love the idea of a single parent only cruise - wouldn't that be fantastic!

Hi!

Single Mom here too! :sunny:

Going on Jan 15, 2005 Western with my 3 DS's (will be) 10, 8, 6. We did 3 day Wonder last Nov. Missed Palo's cause DS 8 got seasick!:rolleyes: Oh well! At least he waited half way thru my spa massage to do it. (And I was sooo looking forward to that all Fall!

Def. not missing either this time and will probably sign up for rainforest. I don't mind eating by myself either. My ex- was mobilized to you-know-where so I've had no breaks from my kids seems like forever. So, I'll be happy not to eat the Mom word for just one meal.

Of course, I would love company if there is another single mom going on the same cruise.

We spent alot of time in WDW last time and all I heard about when we got home was the cruise. I think they were so overwelmed from WDW, that the cruise was a great break for them!

Hi,

Another single mom here. I just got done reading everybody's posts and I couldn't find anybody going on the 11/6/04 Western Caribbean. Is there anybody who'll be on this cruise? My friend and I (both single mom's) will be on the cruise with our son's. We're so excited we can hardly wait!!:bounce:

I am so excited to see that there are people who are crazy enough to take their kids on the cruise by themselves. My friends all ask "Who are you going with," and when I say it is just the three of us they look at me as if I were crazy!

I am a single mom to two sweethearts~ son, 5 and daughter, 3.

We are going on the Wonder on October 21, 2004.

First timers!

Please post and let me know how it was. i also hear, how can I do it by myself. I am taking my 2disney darlings on the dec 26. seeing alot of single moms on this board I would love to have a cruise meet for us. Have a great time and please post when you get back.
Valerie

Thanks, ya'll! We are so excited and have picked up so many tips while perusing these boards. I cannot imagine if I had not found these boards, I would be so lost! I will definitely let ya'll know how it went. I think it will be great, because I am planning on putting them in the kids club and relaxing for a least a little bit one day.

WOW, I can't believe this thread is still going. I was the original poster for this thread and had completely forgotten about it. I am so thrilled to know there are so many single parents taking the Disney cruise. I have been on the thread for our cruise but unfortunately I haven't found any single parents yet. Either way I know myself and DD12 and DD7 will have a great time. Even though we have never cruised before I still feel this is going to be the perfect vacation. With the kids clubs I know I will be able to have a bit of adult time. I think it will be the perfect balance of family time and adult time. I am planning on going to Palo's alone. I have never dined alone before in a restaurant but I also do not want to miss out on Palo's. I have read on other posts that the servers tend to go out of their way to make you feel comfortable. Regardless, I know I will feel alittle odd but I am still going for it. We are cruising November 27,2004 so I will let you all know how the experience was.

tink1663,

Another single parent here, my DS8 and I are cruising on 11/7. Too bad, we're cruising a couple of weeks before you. Otherwise, I'd join you at Palo. I'm thinking of rebooking while on board. I'll see how that goes.

Hi,
I'll be cruising w my children on dec 26th. I agree, it's too bad we didn't find each other sooner and plan to cruise together. Maybe next time. I am surprised I haven't found anyone on the boards cruising when i am. It's a busy week and the cruise is sold out. I was hoping to meet someone to go to palo's with.
Let me know how it is. I agree, with the kids club I am hoping for some me time.
Have a great time.
Valerie

We have already booked our cruise for next year. This time we are doing the western December 3-10. I am that sure we will enjoy cruising I went ahead and booked it. If for some strange reason we really don't like the whole cruising thing we will just alter out plans and head to WDW. Either way it's a win win situation in my book. Any vacation involving Disney is my kind of vacation.

Hi,
Single parent here doing the Wonder 8/28/05 with DS 18 and DD 17. Any other single parents going then?:sunny:

You guys are great. I wish I could go to Palo's by myself. I just don't think I could do it! I am hoping that I will meet someone on the cruise and we can go together (not romantically~ like another woman who is single or maybe even a woman whose hubby is not into the nice dressy meal thing and wants to go to the sports bar or something!) I don't want to miss out but I don't want to go alone either!

jenlovesdisney, I have heard you could let them know when you make a reservation that you wouldn't mind sitting with another single person. Even if you don't have a dining companion you should still go. I feel the same way about eating alone but I would be very dissappointed if I didn't go to Palo's. After reading so many great things about the food (and lets not forget the desserts) I will look fear (of eating alone) in the eye and stuff my face with any and all of the delicous foods they have to offer. Say it with me.....I will go to Palo's, I will go to Palo's, I will go to Palo's!!!! If that doens't work then ask them if they have a table in a corner so you don't feel so akward about dining alone.
Sue

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter