anyone bored enough to help me choose our next resort?

Try out my favorite place to stay : The Contemporary resort. Great view of fireworks, and close to parks, and there are great food places. If you can’t get reservations at the resort, there is always the Magic Kingdom. It is nearby . Either walk or ride boat, monorail, and bus. It is faster walking , but it is fun going on boat in my opinion.

Hey
I'd say Coronado Springs but in the Gran Destino tower for something new. If I remember correctly, the tower also has a club level. And with the new outdoor dining option it is at the top of our next trip list.

That’s what my husband wants to do. He loved CSR so much he wants to stay there again, but in the Tower. I loved it too. But I’m on the fence as I want to also try somewhere new.

I would vote one of the MK resorts. They all have pool slides, great dining options, and all have enough room and beds for a family of 5. We're in the same boat now with 3 kids. 2 queen beds is not enough anymore, we need the 5th sleeper/daybed option as well. Its fine though because we love the MK resorts. IMO they are in a class of their own.

I'll add a vote for the Grand Floridian. It was always my dream to stay there, and that dream came true when we rented points at VGF in 2017 for a pre-Christmas trip. It was wonderful. The resort is so convenient to MK and so elegant and classy. Food at Gaspy's and the GF Cafe and even poolside was all very tasty. We never splurged on Narcoossee's or Citricos (and certainly not V&A's), but sure had plenty to eat the whole time.
We liked the GF so much we went back in June 2019. Now we're ready to venture elsewhere (Boardwalk for us this Christmas), but I have a feeling the GF might always feel like "home". It's just so...nice.

Based on your past like/dislike, I would say you already narrowed it down to1 and 2
from there, I would say it depends on if you are going to spend more time at MK/EP vs AK
being on the monorail is nice

We've enjoyed BLT on our most recent trips. Great views whether water or theme park view. The nightly electric boat parade can be noisy in the rooms facing the pool, but other then that it was pretty quiet throughout the hallways and while we were sleeping. It's nice to be so close to the action and on the monorail.

The Poly and split with Yacht Club....love the wide variety of food offerings in Epcot and we love the Yacht/Beach

We do not use pools and mostly eat in the parks and since we are rarely in the room only to sleep have found anywhere we have stayed quiet but in the MK area since you have not tried them we really like Contemporary and Wilderness Lodge. There are food options in all of the resorts in that area and you can take the monorail or boat to get to them. Our favorite breakfasts are Whispering Canyon Cafe at WL and Trail’s End Buffet at FW. We love the theming at WL with the fireplace and rocking chairs and little stream in the lobby and the geyser out back and CR has the monorail going through it. For WL you can take the boat to MK can’t remember if there is also a bus and at CR you can take the monorail or walk.

I'd say Coronado Springs but in the Gran Destino tower for something new. If I remember correctly, the tower also has a club level. And with the new outdoor dining option it is at the top of our next trip list.
I'm with W4W on this one, Tower CL is pretty cool, but sleeping 5 may be an issue. 3 Bridges Bar and Grill is open late out on the lake and has very good food. We like it as well if not better than most of the deluxe resorts we have stayed at.

As others have said with 5 people, you are limited on where you can stay unless you want to get 2 rooms but those are never guaranteed. I know this wasn't criteria but with 2 teens, CL access might be a really great add on and I see you had that at AKL and liked it. So how about a deluxe room at WL? They have CL access and will be newly refurbished when you go. The CL there is absolutely wonderful, we love AKL CL but WL probably gets a slight edge for us. Or you could do 2 standard tower CL rooms at CSR but this will probably cost more money than WL because they are rarely discounted and book up very fast. Plus it wouldn't be guaranteed that your rooms would be connected.

Saratoga Springs came to mind for quiet rooms and access to dining option due to its walking distance to Disney Springs, which is open late. The Congress Park area is closest to the walking path, though I can't speak to how far that is from the resort QS options and the main pool, which I believe is the one that would have a slide.

Another option is POFQ. Boat to Disney Springs, different theme than POR but similar amenities and you can access the amenities at POR as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter