Anyone started Christmas shopping, or even thinking about Christmas yet.

What a cute idea-but does this mean you receive 40+ gifts from your co workers?? :faint:

Hi Hon
Some people give a small gift and some do not. I enjoy getting Christmas/Holiday cards.
For me I enjoy giving a small token of caring during the Holiday season.
Hugs Mel

I bought some extra large baggies (one gallon) and started shopping on the weekend ,,, I picked up a few stocking stuffers.
It is surprising how fast I'm filling the bags up. I definitely like the idea of having at least the stockings all done ahead of time and then just adding a few food items.
Happy shopping everyone.
Hugs Mel

I bought some extra large baggies (one gallon) and started shopping on the weekend ,,, I picked up a few stocking stuffers.
It is surprising how fast I'm filling the bags up. I definitely like the idea of having at least the stockings all done ahead of time and then just adding a few food items.
Happy shopping everyone.
Hugs Mel

OP here
I so agree with getting the stocking stuffer stuff out of the way. If I waited to get all this stuff last minute, the cost would be outrageous. Plus right now with the back to school sales starting up, I get all my pens, coloring crayons, markers, highlighters, paper, stickers and other desk related items for the stockings and also stock up for the year, plus I grab stuff for school donation boxes. This way I can do more with less money. I also use my coupons for stuff like razors, tooth brushes/toothpaste, lotions, body wash, to name a few. Another thing that I stock up on is bath wash and lotion for my DGS ( 3yrs) he has really super sensitive skin, and the bath wash and lotion is kinda pricey so I try to get a couple of bottles of each and I stick them in with his PJ's, sock and underpants and other miscellaneous items box.

Last edited:

Amazon Prime Day didn't have too much I wanted this year (especially with all the tech glitches yesterday- I honestly got so frustrated that I gave up on almost everything I'd been watching.

I did manage to score two GreenToys Trucks for DS. A tractor and a Recycling Truck. The Tractor was around $7 and the recycling truck $13, I had some cc rewards to use up from my Amazon credit card so I paid $4 for both! I'll be setting those aside for Christmas.

There's really just one thing I need to get him, plus order his smash cake for Chef Mickey's for his birthday dinner, (have cc rewards to cover that) and I'm done for him. Really. Or so I keep saying. :rolleyes1

I went to Hallmark on Saturday for their ornament premiere to get 1 very specific ornament that I had to have...walked away $150 lighter and with 7 ornaments. :rolleyes1 Granted 6 of those ornaments were for me and not gifts, but the 7th ornament is actually a gift for my mother in law. Can't decide if I want to give it to her for her birthday or wait till Christmas. I already have one gift for her that could also go either way.

Gaylord Palms has a flash sale for their ICE tickets - got my whole family tickets for $14/each (all inclusive of fees)...we've never been, so this will be awesome.

I also got 6 free tickets to Pentatonix for this summer as my daughter's birthday outing. The old Ticketmaster settlement finally loaded new events and I FINALLY got in on a deal (after 2 years)...and I'm excited b/c I like Pentatonix. Now, 18 more free tickets to use up over the next 2 years...

What Harry Potter legos did you buy and where did you find them? That is one of the few things they might actually want.

DS11 only wants things we aren’t wiling to give him like his cell phone and laptop back and DS7’s interests keep changing so I probably won’t shop much ahead of time. They are both quite interested in Harry Potter right now though so that might be a safe bet. I give them a Christmas book every Christmas Eve but DS11 is growing out of that. I don’t know what I’ll do this year. I wish JK Rowling would sell a book Potterverse holiday stories.
TARGET.COM

I never shop early for Christmas but with Toys R Us closing I went every week to check out prices. I picked up 4 American Girl Dolls. (Wellies) I bought two Willa dolls for 40 percent off and later picked up the last two Emerson dolls for 50 percent off. Those were such a good deal I couldn't leave them. I'm planning to give my two 6 year old nieces a doll for Christmas. Both girls have summer birthdays so I purchased a Spirit horse barn and American Girl purse for one of them. The other I got Gymnastics Barbie Coach and student. That is all the Christmas stuff I know I will use. I didn't get my one year old niece her Christmas present yet because she is so little you never know what she will want. This is not all the stuff I bought. I volunteer to make a meal monthly for a family of 6 since one of their children has cancer. I usually bring a toy for the 4 kids. I saved big money on their stuff. I also bought some stuff that I have no idea who will end up with it. One of those things was American Girl Lego set. Who knows I might be building that Christmas Eve. :rotfl2:

I picked up a couple of games for the kids yesterday during Amazon Prime Day, as well as a Kindle for DD2's birthday. And some bigger gifts for the girls last week during American Girls sale. Although, DD1's gift may end up being for her birthday instead of Christmas. That's the problem with our crew. :) Right when I start thinking about getting Christmas stuff settled, birthdays are rolling around. (1 in August, 2 in September.) So, instead of buying for Christmas, i buy for birthdays, and then have no ideas for Christmas!

I was ready to drop some bucks at Prime Day this year - but nothing big caught my eye. I grabbed a set of Derwent "ink intense" colored pencils and some Body Shop tea tree lotion for DD18s stocking but that was it. So less than $20 total there. I picked up a few other things at Target with their coupon goof over the weekend and their online sale yesterday - a DVD and some razors (tradition) and a bed rest pillow for under the tree.

At this point, I have a pretty good start on DDs stocking. Previously I had gotten a good quality umbrella, backpack rain cover and pepper spray because she starts college in August and those are practical. I also got her a Sinatra CD (she's an odd bird LOL but at least I can get that sort of thing for cheap used on eBay or Amazon), a Big Skinny wallet (40% off sale at Mother's Day) and some accessories for the camera lens I am giving her under the tree (lens bag, hood, filter).

Got my daughter a Radio Flyer bike for $50 (originally $99) on Amazon Prime Day. I got her a few Melissa and Doug things as well. Her birthday is six days before Christmas so I’ll be splitting them up. I was able to get my son quite a few Nerf toys as well and a video game. Just a couple more things and the big Santa gift and they’ll be done! :)

I picked up 6 of these and plan to give them to family /friends with a bottle of homemade salsa and tostito chips.
Great deal ,,(regular $30.00). on sale right now for $19.99. Got them at a Pop up store red hot deal for $10.00 each. Ceramic oval chip and dip set.
61499_2_kitchen_stuff_plus_nuevo_white_ceramic_oval_chip_and_dip_set_of_2_ver2_1.jpg

https://www.kitchenstuffplus.com/ksp-nuevo-ceramic-oval-chip-and-dip-set
I have one and use it for fruit/dips,,,pumpernickel bread and spinach dip ,,cheese and crackers.
Hugs Mel

Last edited:
Between this thread and Prime Day I got started on some shopping this week and more important some ideas to add to the lists. (Though nothing I purchased from Amazon was gift related lol)
- I found The Incredibles tsum tsums on Ebay at cost. Great stocking stuffers for our family since we each are a different character (except FroZone)
- Just ordered each of my kids and my niece tees from the local Beach Patrol. They only open an online store for a few weeks each summer and we always miss it.

OP here
I think that her in-law got them one at one of wedding showers, they did a couples shower, and then she had a typical all girls bridal shower and bachelorette party. I think if I remember it was a Cuisinart she hasn't mentioned it or using it... I will have to casual see what I can find out. Do you have a suggestion on what brand would be like middle of the road price point? Thanks for another great idea...

My cuisnarts lasted six months or less. Our generic no name one from Hamricks (of all places) lasted two years. Cuisinart was $35ish, generic was $10.

I picked up 6 of these and plan to give them to family /friends with a bottle of homemade salsa and tostito chips.
Great deal ,,(regular $30.00). on sale right now for $19.99. Got them at a Pop up store red hot deal for $10.00 each. Ceramic oval chip and dip set.
61499_2_kitchen_stuff_plus_nuevo_white_ceramic_oval_chip_and_dip_set_of_2_ver2_1.jpg

https://www.kitchenstuffplus.com/ksp-nuevo-ceramic-oval-chip-and-dip-set
I have one and use it for fruit/dips,,,pumpernickel bread and spinach dip ,,cheese and crackers.
Hugs Mel

I want to get on your list! Great gift, especially with the homemade salsa.

Grabbed that same BB8 and also a Sphero R2D2 for my son yesterday but at this point I have so much for him they are likely to become birthday gifts. Also grabbed a bunch of things for his room during Target's online sale yesterday. All I have left to buy for him is a Revenge of the Sith poster for his room. (He loves General Griveous and Ewoks- neither which are an easy find).

As for my DD- Keeping an eye out for a good airpod deal and if I dont find one will bite the bullet on them closer to November.

Grabbed that same BB8 and also a Sphero R2D2 for my son yesterday but at this point I have so much for him they are likely to become birthday gifts. Also grabbed a bunch of things for his room during Target's online sale yesterday. All I have left to buy for him is a Revenge of the Sith poster for his room. (He loves General Griveous and Ewoks- neither which are an easy find).

As for my DD- Keeping an eye out for a good airpod deal and if I dont find one will bite the bullet on them closer to November.
Did you get a good deal on R2D2? I saw him for 50.00 and at the time I could only get bb-8 at the time. But now I have the funds for the other one and he is up there in price. I checked the sephero store as well. I almost done younger dd. I'm trying to not go overboard. I did pick up a couple of the star wars dolls at TRU for 10.00 to go with her Rey doll.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter