Anyone started Christmas shopping, or even thinking about Christmas yet.

:santa:OP here,

I went shopping with my mom yesterday. I did pick up a few more items. Belk was having a really good clearance sale on there fashion jewelry. I picked up some earrings for my daughter, a couple pairs that will go in her stocking and a Christmas pair to give her early for her to wear for work.. I did pick up some things for me as well but that doesn't count as they aren't Christmas presents but I will be wearing them during Christmas.. .I also bought her a dress at Bealls on clearance for her and her husband trip to Jamaica. We stopped at Ross and I did grab some hair bands to put in her stocking, and some Footie socks for my DH for his stocking but after looking at the ones in his sock drawer I went ahead and put them in the drawer... last stop was the dollar tree and I found a bunch of books the write on wipe off kind, stickers and coloring book to put in my grandsons stocking.

I could use some suggestions on a kitchen gifts for my daughter... Every year I buy her something really nice for her to use in the kitchen, then some type of kitchen tools. Last year it was stainless steel mixing bowls with lids and in her stocking I had found some bamboo salad servers, and a couple of colorful spatula's in different sizes... Also for her birthday I got her some new wisk's and a hand grader with the cup attachment on the bottom she had been eyeing mine. So she loves to bake, and has started moving out of her comfort zone with cooking... She has the basic's - griddle, crockpot, kitchen aid with some attachments, I think they have a deep fryer. So any suggestions would be much appreciated.

I'm also a baker and I really want something like these: https://www.amazon.com/Kitchen-Home...&sr=8-8&keywords=silicone+cookie+sheet+liners

They are supposed to help so cookies don't stick together and everything is evenly spaced. Not sure how good the ones are that I linked, but you get the idea.

I hear you! And the outgrowing clothes part... My 12 year old grew over an inch in the last 3 weeks alone! He's now taller than me and with bigger shoes too. I made sure his costume for the school musical was the last one I hemmed since there's no way he was going to be the same height on performance day as he was at the beginning of rehearsals.

Yeah, my "little guy" is now 5'6" (at age 12), and I swear, he gained the last 6" in 8 months or so. He got Scout pants for Christmas last year--they come unhemmed, so I hemmed them, on the long side, in late Dec. He had them on a couple weeks ago, and they need to be let down already! Luckily, I just folded up the extra fabric--he's nowhere near done in the growth department. He's on his second pair of sneakers since school got out. On the good side, his brother ws done by the end of middle school, so I should only have a couple years left of this. I keep reminding him, he was supposed to stay little and be my baby--he's taller than me, and is starting to shave. Sigh!

Not yet! But, I’m telling DH to get me a massage at the Grand Floridian for our resort day during our February trip!! I don’t need anything and a massage to relax halfway through our trip sounds amazing. Anyone ever done it? Worth it?

For the kids, they are young and will have no clue what they want on Christmas Day until like a month beforehand. Always changing their minds. I’m hoping grandparents give them one small gift to open and then like the idea of giving them Disney GC to buy toys at WDW.

We have way too much stuff already!!

We did massages at the spa at Saratoga Springs when we went a few years ago. It was AMAZING. Best massage I've ever had.

:santa:OP here,

I went shopping with my mom yesterday. I did pick up a few more items. Belk was having a really good clearance sale on there fashion jewelry. I picked up some earrings for my daughter, a couple pairs that will go in her stocking and a Christmas pair to give her early for her to wear for work.. I did pick up some things for me as well but that doesn't count as they aren't Christmas presents but I will be wearing them during Christmas.. .I also bought her a dress at Bealls on clearance for her and her husband trip to Jamaica. We stopped at Ross and I did grab some hair bands to put in her stocking, and some Footie socks for my DH for his stocking but after looking at the ones in his sock drawer I went ahead and put them in the drawer... last stop was the dollar tree and I found a bunch of books the write on wipe off kind, stickers and coloring book to put in my grandsons stocking.

I could use some suggestions on a kitchen gifts for my daughter... Every year I buy her something really nice for her to use in the kitchen, then some type of kitchen tools. Last year it was stainless steel mixing bowls with lids and in her stocking I had found some bamboo salad servers, and a couple of colorful spatula's in different sizes... Also for her birthday I got her some new wisk's and a hand grader with the cup attachment on the bottom she had been eyeing mine. So she loves to bake, and has started moving out of her comfort zone with cooking... She has the basic's - griddle, crockpot, kitchen aid with some attachments, I think they have a deep fryer. So any suggestions would be much appreciated.
If you have a Herbergers or Yonkers near by maybe check them out since they are closing- I'm sure the would have a bunch of kitchen stuff

If you have a Herbergers or Yonkers near by maybe check them out since they are closing- I'm sure the would have a bunch of kitchen stuff

I have to admit I've been thoroughly disappointed in those sales. They're all "50% off" but that's really only like the "doorbuster" and "special weekend" sales they've always had. I feel like much of the clothing is more expensive than I've bought from them in the past (or comparable).

I did better at the Sears closing in our mall. They don't mark up as much in the first place so 40% off on the $18 school pants at Sears is better than 50% off the $35 school pants at Carson's. Maybe in a few weeks it will start pricing more appealing, similar to Toys R Us closer to the end.

I got Reese this for 60.00 and the /harry Potter legos so far. I will get her the bb-8 lego set as well.

What Harry Potter legos did you buy and where did you find them? That is one of the few things they might actually want.

DS11 only wants things we aren’t wiling to give him like his cell phone and laptop back and DS7’s interests keep changing so I probably won’t shop much ahead of time. They are both quite interested in Harry Potter right now though so that might be a safe bet. I give them a Christmas book every Christmas Eve but DS11 is growing out of that. I don’t know what I’ll do this year. I wish JK Rowling would sell a book Potterverse holiday stories.

Last edited:

Last edited:
For the stocking, if she loves to bake, a nice mini ice cream scoop that has a press to release is great. I use it for cookies all the time - makes everything so even and perfect (and round, so you get circles). You could also get her an icing spatula or smoother for cakes.

As the bigger gift, for baking, you could get her multi-sized springform pans, so she could do tiered cakes (and cheesecakes)...I would go with a better set that this, but this gives you the idea (it also shows what the 2 icing small items would look like)...https://www.amazon.com/Hiware-Sprin...3_1_1?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1531315112&sr=8-1

I have been looking for a mini scoop for myself and planned to pick up one for her. The problem is that I can't find a decent one, I found one a Bed, Bath and Beyond, but it was cheaply made, and the price was crazy ....Suggestion on were to look. or a brand that will last. Love the icing spatula or smoother for cake writing those on the list. With the spring form pans... I'm not sure if she has one or not... I will have to find out.. Thanks great ideas....

For stocking stuffers, you could go for some high-quality spices--you know, pricey vanilla, fancy olive oil, and so forth. Does she have a Kitchenaid? They come in so many pretty colors now, I'm jealous, but my 20yo white one works just fine. They have some cool attachments, too--pasta maker, spiralizer, meat grinder, and so forth, depending on your DD's interests.

Yes, they got a kitchen-aid as a wedding gift and then used their Bed, Bath and beyond gift cards from the wedding for the attachments she wanted. I am heading to Gatlinburg in November my mom and I are having a girls trip, there are a few shops that sell some unique things like this... I had not really thought of going the spice route. I do bring home some jelly/ jams, apple butter to use for gift giving during the holiday...So this might work out great, add to the list... Thanks

What Harry Potter legos did you buy and where did you find them? That is one of the few things they might actually want.

DS11 only wants things we aren’t wiling to give him like his cell phone and laptop back and DS7’s interests keep changing so I probably won’t shop much ahead of time. They are both quite interested in Harry Potter right now though so that might be a safe bet. I give them a Christmas book every Christmas Eve but DS11 is growing out of that. I don’t know what I’ll do this year. I wish JK Rowling would sell a book Potterverse holiday stories.

Last Year for our Christmas Angels, one of the request was for books for 11 and 12 year old kids ( a girl and boy there was a list included) I went to Books a Million and they had a tons of books including Christmas books in that age range... might be worth a look to see if you can find something.

I try to get everyone but my daughter done early one, and save her for last because she is 7 and will change her mind a hundred times. But she got a new American Girl catalog last week and now LOVES the new remote control car they have for the dolls. And I admit, I had seen it online before her, and thought it was pretty neat. It's pricey, but would work as her "big" gift. Currently AG has a 20% off code for items in this price range. I'm not an AG expert, but does anyone know if offers like this will roll around again before Christmas? Or should I take the plunge and order now? Financially we have Christmas savings that would cover now, but with her age and could change her mind a lot, I didn't know if I could potentially wait and get the same deal later.

There are a few brand new Harry Potter Lego sets that released last week. They're totally sold out on the Lego website (I think one of them is available as backorder and the others are fully sold out). Target also carries the new sets and some are available for order or shipping. The Great Hall set is pretty much gone, but you might be lucky and have one of the few stores that still has one supposedly in stock. I have no idea at all if they'll come back before Christmas, but we didn't want to be hunting things down so bought them last week. Now to decide who gets which sets... daughter, nieces, etc.

But if you have any interest, check Target and jump on it if you find what you're looking for.

My FIL is one of those "I'll buy it if I want it" guy. I love him so very much, but Christmas shopping is a challenge! So I was tickled to find a digital rain gauge on Monday! Last year, I bought him a digital weather station for their travel trailer and he LOVES it! So, I'm hoping for another win. :)

Crap. I’m out of the country right now. ☹️ I tried to get onto Amazon and the LEGO websites but they kept defaulting to the UK sites.

I finally forced LEGO to take me to the US site and I have $25 in credit through VIP points. I could have afforded the Great Hall with those. Do they ever rerelease sets that are sold out?

Last edited:
I've been thinking about it.............Christmas in July planning--I like it!:santa:
I over spend every year so I need a budget this year.
I am thinking $25.00 for each stocking,,this year I am doing Christmas boxes instead of stockings.25 x5 = total of $125.00
I am going to skip all gift cards and go just with cash.
I am thinking $200.00 for each one of my 3 sons,,,,$200.00 for my daughter in law,,,and $150.00 for my granddaughter.
So grand total should be $1,075.00
I think I can pick up a lot of stocking (box) stuffers between now and Christmas.
Happy saving and planning everyone!
Hugs Mel

cadnav-16010QR228-51.jpg

Edit:
Revising my budget
$50.00 for each stocking
Total needed
$1,200.00

Last edited:
it was so much easier to shop ahead when my kids were little b/c it was toys vs. video games and anime that i need to delay purchasing in order to qualify for retailers extended christmas return policies in the event they don't work.

the only things i tend to get well ahead of time is stocking suffers (actually my favorite stuff to get) b/c it's just odds and ends of things i think they might like so i tend to pick them up over the course of the year. just a couple of weeks ago i was in walmart and they had a display of packs of decently thick themed men's socks so i grabbed 4 (a dozen individual) which i will break up between stockings-legend of zelda, retro gamers, mario and the punisher. i was also in a funky local retro toy store and found some still in the bag, 12" simpson's dolls. they had the entire family so i grabbed them for the simpson's fan in the family (ds).

Crap. I’m out of the country right now. ☹️ I tried to get onto Amazon and the LEGO websites but they kept defaulting to the UK sites.

I finally forced LEGO to take me to the US site and I have $25 in credit through VIP points. I could have afforded the Great Hall with those. Do they ever rerelease sets that are sold out?

I would have to guess they'll release more since it's brand new. But before Christmas? I honestly have no idea. My kids have never been big into Lego so I haven't followed those patterns. It's Harry Potter that's the big thing here.

I guess just keep trying periodically? Especially since you're more tied to buying direct b/c of the VIP points. They look like awesome sets, so I wish you much luck in getting one in time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter