AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

I can’t find if anyone had an answer- if I wanted to cancel my AP does the money have to be refunded to the credit card it was bought on? I don’t use that card anymore, although it’s still an active card, so I would hope I could get the refund on a gift card.

I can’t find if anyone had an answer- if I wanted to cancel my AP does the money have to be refunded to the credit card it was bought on? I don’t use that card anymore, although it’s still an active card, so I would hope I could get the refund on a gift card.

I think if a CC is used, the refund has to go back to it. That is what I have been told when returning things elsewhere

I wonder how a partial AP refund will be processed, if the original purchase was made by upgrading unused tickets.

Well now that we now the reopening date of 7/11 I think I have our answer for my APs.
Ours expire 7/11, so we should get the refund for the March payment and then call it even. Is that right?

I'm still hopeful that my AP will be restored so that it obvious to the computer I have valid entry. Can't make FP's for my now third try at a trip with this AP.

Does anyone know what they will do about people like me?

AP expired April 13th. Per Disney statement I should have about 28 days left on my AP. That's fine with me. Currently have a room only reservation for July 19-July 22. But no ticket media.

I'm also afraid this will be an issue with the "park reservation" system.

IMO they are significantly underestimating pent up demand- and I understand they have to throttle it- I just hope I don't get throttled- through no fault of my own.

Well now that we now the reopening date of 7/11 I think I have our answer for my APs.
Ours expire 7/11, so we should get the refund for the March payment and then call it even. Is that right?

I donno - Shanghai opened in a limited capacity phase which required advanced reservations even from APs - what they formally call the "Advanced Reservation Period." They are continuing to extend AP expiration dates until the end of the Advanced Reservation Period there. Certainly no guarantees they do that here, but that seems to be a distinct possibility.

I donno - Shanghai opened in a limited capacity phase which required advanced reservations even from APs - what they formally call the "Advanced Reservation Period." They are continuing to extend AP expiration dates until the end of the Advanced Reservation Period there. Certainly no guarantees they do that here, but that seems to be a distinct possibility.
I agree 100%. I think they've been watching the model of the opening at Shanghai, and a lot of those decisions will be used at WDW and DL - mostly because they seem to be working in Shanghai. I could see AP holders not be guaranteed entry during the very early phases of reopening.

I'm still hopeful that my AP will be restored so that it obvious to the computer I have valid entry. Can't make FP's for my now third try at a trip with this AP.

Does anyone know what they will do about people like me?

AP expired April 13th. Per Disney statement I should have about 28 days left on my AP. That's fine with me. Currently have a room only reservation for July 19-July 22. But no ticket media.

I'm also afraid this will be an issue with the "park reservation" system.

IMO they are significantly underestimating pent up demand- and I understand they have to throttle it- I just hope I don't get throttled- through no fault of my own.

I'm in the same boat - our AP should have expired July 4th, but we now have a room July 15th- 19th. I was only able to book FP for myself, since I had an unused never expires ticket from back in the day. I'm hoping the times will still be available when my husband's pass is extended.

All this all assumes that FP will matter when it comes to the reservation system.

I'm in the same boat - our AP should have expired July 4th, but we now have a room July 15th- 19th. I was only able to book FP for myself, since I had an unused never expires ticket from back in the day. I'm hoping the times will still be available when my husband's pass is extended.

All this all assumes that FP will matter when it comes to the reservation system.
I really don't care about the FP- I'm more concerned with the park reservation system. In my mind I am currently the holder of a valid AP- the computer doesn't seem to agree!!

My AP expires on June 8th, have a trip planned for Sept. 13th. I'll probably renew, just wondering how far they would extend it.

This is what I'm hoping for. We have a backup backup trip planned for September and with the parks opening July 15th, our AP extension is about 8 days short to cover our trip. If they start my counting my days after the reservation period, we'll be allset.

My AP expires on June 8th, have a trip planned for Sept. 13th. I'll probably renew, just wondering how far they would extend it.

3/16 to 7/11 will be almost 4 months, you will be fine. They likely will go farther to account for reduced capacity.

When I called I was told that my renewal date stayed the same. My pass expired April 14th. CM told me I had 30 days to renew as usual to get the discount. My new Pass's expiration will be extended all of the days that the Parks are closed.

Am I understanding this correctly? APs that expired mid-shutdown will not be extended unless renewed?

Universal stopped taking monthly AP payments out of accounts until it re-opens I don't know why Disney wont do this
Disney has been taking opportunity to hold cash! That reschedule your vacation for two weeks out prevents returning deposits, same with ap holders although they were able to stop making payments it avoided returning dollars! I think they are in major cash preservation mode!

Call the passholder line (407)939-7277. My passes expire before my rescheduled June trip and they were able to put placeholders on my account that should allow me to make fastpasses. It took them a little while, but they were very polite and helpful.
Yup I have placeholders on my account also cause mine expired during the lapse time we would be extended. They have done this for me other times also.

I don't think that's right. Expiration should be extended by how many days WDW is shut down. Renewal not necessary for that extension.

It’s not. I just got off the phone with the AP line and this is the way she explained it:

DD’s AP expired March 27. They count from closure (March 16) to AP expiration, in our case, 12 days.

Once the parks open, DD will have 12 days to use her expired AP.

Therefore, if the parks get the green light to open July 11, her new expiration will be July 22 and renewal period will be in July 22-August 20.

She also mentioned an APR (Advanced Parks Reservation system).

We're kind of saying the same thing actually. I'm saying from the date they closed so, you would have had 12 days from when they closed and you will still get those 12 days once they open. It's specific to each AP. For my daughter hers expired April 13 so when they closed she would have had about 27 days left on it (I may be off by a day) and when they open she will have 27 days left from when they open. If they weren't extending by how many days WDW shut down we wouldn't be able to use it in July as we are now planning.

Although, I will say talking to the AP CM they were saying we couldn't make new AP reservations for late July unless we renewed her AP since they don't have the solid date yet. So I asked if we will be able to use her current AP once the dates are firm and he said that yes, her AP will reappear and we will be able to book with her current AP. I said I would wait for that since we're not renewing her AP at this time. (It wouldn't make sense for us to renew right when she's starting her fall college term and can't use it for months). He said that would work.

He also said no one can do anything with reservations for a little bit since they're doing "magical enhancements" but try back in a few hours or tomorrow morning.

We are on the monthly payment plan. So if we choose to not continue paying once they reopen, since they refunded March, I think our passes just expire and we don’t pay anymore and don’t get to use the AP anymore. At least that’s what I think. I confused myself reading all the possibilities and now I’m not sure anymore, lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter