AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

They might not have sufficient cm in that department to proceed refunds
No one sits in an office and takes your payment out of your account every month. Its all automated. So I'm sure it would be the same in reverse.

Spoke to cm regarding partial refund and was informed someone would call back..,
Clearly they have not!

anyone with any experience of this current ap situation been successful with further information or even a refund?

Spoke to cm regarding partial refund and was informed someone would call back..,
Clearly they have not!

anyone with any experience of this current ap situation been successful with further information or even a refund?
Do you mean you have an "as yet unused" AP?

Sorry if I wasn’t clear-
Annual pass was purchased April last year & was due to expire during our recently cancelled trip.
it has been activated and used for 2 trips.

APs will be automatically extended by the number of days the parks are closed, or you can request a refund. They apparently are not processing such requests yet until they know how long the closure will last. What other info did you want them to call you about?

Clearly they have not!

Merged you to the existent thread

The $260 is not part of the equation when picking which option, because you will get the same savings if you do NOT get the refund, whenever you renew.

As for the $200, it is money in your pocket, but unless you really need the cash now, if you are going to renew anyway, it's not "better" than those two months of your AP, unless you would not use the AP during those two extra months.

My out of state AP expires the end of February. I could take the $200 (if that is what it turns out to be), and renew within the proper time for a February expiration, or NOT get the refund, and not have to renew until the end of April. For me, if things are back to "normal" by then, that will cover my usually busy spring break season, so it's a much better option.

So I guess it boils down to the timing of your future trips, whether the extra two months on the pass is worth that value to you. If you don't plan to visit those two months, then absolutely, take the refund. But it's not a clearcut "savings".

Our out-of-state APs expired the end of February (before the shut down), giving us until the end of March to renew. If I understand correctly, our window to renew is extended (by the number of days that Disney is closed) because the shut down occurred before the end of March. I was not planning to renew because we're not returning until October (at the earliest), but want to make sure I understand... Let's say the park reopens June 1. Does that mean I would have until mid-June to make a decision about renewing? And if I did renew, would my expiration date still be end of February 2021? I thought that originally, but now I'm thinking that doesn't make sense because I would essentially lose 2.5 months on my ticket (unless the price was adjusted). Anyone know the answer?

Has anyone figured out how/if you can get refunded if you purchased your APs from a 3rd party? I bought ours from Sam's, amd don't still have the receipt. An extension would not be useful to us.

Our out-of-state APs expired the end of February (before the shut down), giving us until the end of March to renew. If I understand correctly, our window to renew is extended (by the number of days that Disney is closed) because the shut down occurred before the end of March. I was not planning to renew because we're not returning until October (at the earliest), but want to make sure I understand... Let's say the park reopens June 1. Does that mean I would have until mid-June to make a decision about renewing? And if I did renew, would my expiration date still be end of February 2021? I thought that originally, but now I'm thinking that doesn't make sense because I would essentially lose 2.5 months on my ticket (unless the price was adjusted). Anyone know the answer?

Your guess is as good as mine but I would imagine your renewal would change to February

I bought a renewal certificate in feb for a pass that expires in April (today). Our 2 week April trip was canceled and now our late May trip is canceled. renewing the AP will not work for our schedule now because we don’t believe we’ll be back now until January 2021. Can I convert the renewal certificate to a new AP certificate?

I spoke with someone via chat on the website and they said it would be extended for the number days closed and that the pass renewal period would also be extended. I know they were probably just quoting the site, but at least it was consistent.
See, that's not what I was told. It seems every time I call or chat in, I get different information. I've been kind to everyone of course, but each time I call I get different info.

My pass expires May 10th and I had two trips planned, one for the last weekend of March and one for the first weekend of May. Both were cancelled by Disney. First when I called to book the free dining package, I was told I didn't qualify. The CM seemed very confused. The convo was like:
Her: This is only for people whose trips were cancelled due to the virus
Me: Yes, I had two cancelled
Her: Why were they cancelled, non-payment?
Me: What? No, because of the virus. *tells her dates again*
Her: Who cancelled them, you?
Me: No, Disney auto-cancelled them
Her: Why? This is only for people whose trips were cancelled due to the virus.
Me: Yes, *tells dates again*, they were cancelled because of the virus, *reads emails I received from Disney*
Her: This is only for people who were cancelled due to the virus. I guess I can talk to my manager and see if they'll allow you to book.

I felt like I was going nuts lol. Then when she did allow me to book, I found out that I couldn't make fastpasses, because my pass would be expired by then. I called to see what's up with that and was told to renew my pass to be given access to make fastpasses. I said I thought our passes would be extended. This CM told me "yeah, you won't be charged but you need to renew". That's not true at all haha. So I contact them again and ask if the renewal window would change, because honestly on May 10th I won't know if I want to renew my pass. As of right now we don't know when the parks will reopen, or what condition they'll be in. For example, if half the rumors are true (no fireworks or shows, no characters, no enclosed rides or whatever else they've said) I don't think I want to renew. I was told if I wanted longer than the 30 days after my pass expires (May 10th) I'd lose the chance to renew.

As of right now, I am not renewing. It's too much of a risk to do it for me, given that my pass expires within the next 2 weeks, so I'm just waiting & watching.

APs will be automatically extended by the number of days the parks are closed, or you can request a refund. They apparently are not processing such requests yet until they know how long the closure will last. What other info did you want them to call you about

Hi
I just called about tickets i had for october if they could be switched to August. They are date specific. IT was able to switch the date .I had already switched them for our March15 dates online but MDE wouldn't let me do it online i had to call. Just wanted to throw that out there. Make sure you asked to speak to a supervisor if the CM disputes this. They first told me no they couldnt be switched.
The CM said that my AP expiring October 29th will so far be extended to December 10th so far. Any days thereafter will be added to the expiration date which will stop once they reopen.
Now we hope well be able to go August 9th
HTH
Take care stay well everyone!

See, that's not what I was told. It seems every time I call or chat in, I get different information. I've been kind to everyone of course, but each time I call I get different info.

My pass expires May 10th and I had two trips planned, one for the last weekend of March and one for the first weekend of May. Both were cancelled by Disney. First when I called to book the free dining package, I was told I didn't qualify. The CM seemed very confused. The convo was like:
Her: This is only for people whose trips were cancelled due to the virus
Me: Yes, I had two cancelled
Her: Why were they cancelled, non-payment?
Me: What? No, because of the virus. *tells her dates again*
Her: Who cancelled them, you?
Me: No, Disney auto-cancelled them
Her: Why? This is only for people whose trips were cancelled due to the virus.
Me: Yes, *tells dates again*, they were cancelled because of the virus, *reads emails I received from Disney*
Her: This is only for people who were cancelled due to the virus. I guess I can talk to my manager and see if they'll allow you to book.

I felt like I was going nuts lol. Then when she did allow me to book, I found out that I couldn't make fastpasses, because my pass would be expired by then. I called to see what's up with that and was told to renew my pass to be given access to make fastpasses. I said I thought our passes would be extended. This CM told me "yeah, you won't be charged but you need to renew". That's not true at all haha. So I contact them again and ask if the renewal window would change, because honestly on May 10th I won't know if I want to renew my pass. As of right now we don't know when the parks will reopen, or what condition they'll be in. For example, if half the rumors are true (no fireworks or shows, no characters, no enclosed rides or whatever else they've said) I don't think I want to renew. I was told if I wanted longer than the 30 days after my pass expires (May 10th) I'd lose the chance to renew.

As of right now, I am not renewing. It's too much of a risk to do it for me, given that my pass expires within the next 2 weeks, so I'm just waiting & watching.

i called and requested the refund for the days the park was closed for our AP. My husbands pass expires today, April 28. i figured they owed him 43 days and my pass expires June 3 and my days are determined when the park opens. I also requested a refund for my husband renewal certificate. He was originally going to renew in April but that trip was canceled along with a trip in June and September. They said that would go back to the original form of payment. There was no wait. You talk to one CM who then connects you to another CM.

My AP is good through Jan 12, 2021. I do have a trip in October and one in December planned. At this point I’m not renewing or can go in 2021 so getting refund is best.

My question would it be better to wait to request my refund or does it matter? Want to make sure it doesn’t mess up my two trips.

TIA

When I called I was told that my renewal date stayed the same. My pass expired April 14th. CM told me I had 30 days to renew as usual to get the discount. My new Pass's expiration will be extended all of the days that the Parks are closed.

I hold an annual pass with blackout dates during Spring Break (sometime in April). If choose to extend my AP instead of requesting a refund, will I be able to use my AP during Spring Break 2021, or will the regular blackout dates apply?

I hold an annual pass with blackout dates during Spring Break (sometime in April). If choose to extend my AP instead of requesting a refund, will I be able to use my AP during Spring Break 2021, or will the regular blackout dates apply?
merged you to the existing thread
First a question, when did you activate your ap?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter