Are you still getting take-out?

Do you still get take out?

• Yes, we get take out

Votes: 178 88.6%
  • No, we do not get take out

Votes: 23 11.4%

• Total voters
We get a meal delivered about 2-3 times a week and grocery delivery 1-2 times a week (I wish it was just one, but I always forget something or a store will be out of something). I still don’t feel comfortable going out around too many people (so going to the store is out), but I do feel comfortable with delivery. We usually use the no contact option.

Curbside pickup from a few of our favorite restaurants couple times each week. Just trying to support them some so once we are comfortable getting out maybe they will still be in business.

Yes. We are getting takeout but DH saw for one place, no one was wearing gloves or masks in the kitchen and said no more from there. Also no one stayed at one area to work.
Kitchens are tight spaces, they’re going to be all up in each other’s business back there it’s just the way it is. Don’t kid yourself thinking kitchen workers are staying in one area while they work in other places. It’s just not feasible.
I haven’t seen the research about needing to reheat food. Do you mind sharing a link for that?
I don’t think there is. It’s just something people have been doing and has become an accepted practice. Everything I’ve read says your digestive tract and your respiratory system are two different things and it would be really hard to get the virus from food or even the container.

We tried once, a few weeks ago. Before that it was March 13th that was our last takeout.

The time we tried earlier in May, I put in an online order for lunchtime. I had heard there was curbside pickup, and I mentioned I preferred that on my order, but I never received any instructions about it. When I drove past, there was no indicator that there was any curbside pickup. So, I put on my mask, and went in. Half of the staff and customers were not wearing masks. I told them my name for my online order. They looked through the tickets, and then they told the cooks to start our order. This was 2 minutes prior to when I had put down for my pickup time. They had not even started to prepare my order. So anyway, I was not impressed. I had wanted to get in, get my food, and get out. And it was not like that at all. So we have not done takeout since. Maybe we will do it again in the next week or two, but definitely not from the same place! I was really disappointed, as we felt like it was one of the most reliable places for ordering.

Pretty sure you can find the info at the CDC.

I’ve been using the CDC and FDA websites to drive me food/disinfecting habits so I don’t go down an OCD rabbit hole (which is incredibly difficult as I already have tendencies towards illogical cleaning rituals). I have not seen this advice from either agency, which is why I asked if you had a link or could point me to where you saw this as I might have missed it.

I actually don't think you can. I've tried looking it up and can't find anything. If it exists, will you please share? I'm not being argumentative - if it's really recommended, I want to change the way we're doing things; especially what we order.

https://www.cdc.gov/foodsafety/newsletter/food-safety-and-Coronavirus.html

This was my thoughts exactly. I’ve been eating lots of salad and cold foods because it’s way more common at the healthier places I order from because of what the CDC and FDA said. If that’s changed, I’ll definitely rethink my food choices!

We just had a bbq restaurant deliver food last night. It actually was our neighborhood that worked with the bbq restaurant to do free delivery (and from what I hear they had a big big order from our neighborhood) which they don't normally deliver outside of a 7mile radius.

We've had panera, chipotle, cracker barrel, chili's and more delivered or we've done curbside at other places

We just wash our hands after handling the food containers and if in the car using hand sanitizer then washing when we get home.

We've cooked quite a lot too.

Once a week, same as always. We pick-up rather than use delivery and see no need for any special precautions beyond personal-distancing in the stores (if they don't have a drive-thru) and washing up when we get home prior to eating. As several have already mentioned, many credible sources state transmission through food is a very unlikely scenario.
https://www.livescience.com/coronavirus-food-risk.html

Yes, same as always and with reckless abandon. As I mentioned on another thread, I’m trying to limit myself to evidence-based precautions as a means of managing anxiety. The odds that I can contract Covid-19 from carryout are so slim (if not completely theoretical) that it’s not even something I’m interested in trying to prevent. In this case, I choose normalcy.

We have been getting carry out food since this began. We have been doing it to support our local restaurants and to support me from having to cook every meal. I have not been concerned about reheating food or touching packaging. We just wash our hands a lot and so far so good.

Restaurants opened with restrictions for dining in yesterday. We will probably go to one of our favorite restaurants this weekend to dine in. I am happy for our business owners that more things are opening up.

We haven't got take out since mid-March due to the pandemic and we have felt it is safer to avoid taking the chance. You never know what happens in the kitchen! As more things open up, we're wondering if we're being overly paranoid and it may be a good time to re-introduce take out. Thoughts?

Same thing here for us. We did give in and finally picked up some Chinese on food on Mother's Day. I dumped everything on plates and washed our hands after touching bag/containers. That was it and doubt it will happen again anytime soon. I also worry about "what happens in the kitchen" - normally don't want to know, what I don't see won't bother me - but now, it does more so. Do they sweat? Sneeze? Cough - after it's prepared? Again, now add the virus and I don't want to even think about it.

My sons and friends order all the time. They don't even give it a second thought. I am happy for them :)

Oh yes. The one saving grace is that Chick Fil a is open for drive thru.
Also the mom and pop pizza place that I’ve been going to since high school is open for take out l,delivery.
And Krispy Kreme, because if that hot light is on, lol.

I have only carried out 3 times since this started. Not for safety reasons though. I am just home and I'm so bored that I've been cooking. And cooking is not something I enjoy. Early on we carried out from our favorite Peruvian Chicken place but the chicken was kind of dried out, when it usually isn't. I suspect that their clientele was down and more things were sitting, so I just didn't do it again. We then ordered BBQ meals twice. Once for Easter and once for Mother's Day from two separate places. Food was fine. There's just nothing that I've been craving I guess that actually tastes okay when I get it home.

But I am getting cooking fatigue so I think I might carry out this weekend. Just need to figure out where.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter